Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He hasn't messed up our whole summer? It's not a player we have targeted's job to decide if and when we move on to a new target? That blame lies with people at the club, not a player we have targeted. If he doesn't come then it will be their job to find someone else.

We will not be able to compete for the youngsters we want to compete for without significant improvement on the pitch and in competitions. We are getting turned down by teenagers in favour of mid-table clubs. Who are we going to land that can both improve us right now and for the foreseeable future?

Who can we land that adds leadership on the pitch, a quality we sorely lack?
That's because we left it late and we're going for the wrong players. FFS how many times does De Jong have to say that he doesn't want to come to Manchester United before we actually believe it? We should have gone for players like Kamara, Enzo Fernandez and Sangare instead. There's still players out there like Soler and Laimer who could do a great job for us and could be the foundation for a new era.

Laurencio

But we can't afford both Casemiro and someone else in midfield. If we go down the Casemiro route, we can only get him and he won't make much difference with the other 9 outfield players are shittier than shit.
We have the money to sign both Casemiro and another midfielder. Fixing midfield would go a long way in avoiding us getting squeezed in every game and would make Sancho and other's lack of pace less of an issue.

That's because we left it late and we're going for the wrong players. FFS how many times does De Jong have to say that he doesn't want to come to Manchester United before we actually believe it? We should have gone for players like Kamara, Enzo Fernandez and Sangare instead. There's still players out there like Soler and Laimer who could do a great job for us and could be the foundation for a new era.
Could be is the operative word.

Kamara is unproven and his stats doesn't live up to his hype, Fernandez went the classic route to Benfica which he probably would have done either way, Sanagre is 24 and playing in Holland before that he played for a team in the bottlom of the table in France, dunno who Soler is, and Laimer is 25 and playing in Austria. They are clearly not sure things and do nothing to change the mentality or leadership of the squad. If we were talking about Declan Rice that would be something else - but we are 't getting him anytime soon.

So yes, they could be able to take the step up to the Premiership, or they could fail massively like so many others have.

Last edited:

devilish

Ah but it will. He will lift us massively and can be the foundation around which the rest of the team is assembled. If he then needs to be replaced in say 4 years that’s not a problem that outweighs the benefit.
He won't be lifting us to let's say 4th place on his own. I'd say we should look for the future rather then the present. Let's add shrewd signings like Laimer and Soler who'll give us something to build upon

devilish

70m euros. Seriously? Murtoughy is really desperate at this point

Trex

Madrid often let go of a Galactico after getting another.
Ronaldo in. Robben off
Bale in. Ozil off
James in. Di maria off
Tchouameni in for 100m. Someone has to counter balance that!

Siorac

De Jong can feck off, in all honesty. The guy has zero intention of coming here and never has. Surprised there's still posters longing for him after he's practically messed up our whole summer.
I think it's important to recognise that we've messed up our own summer. De Jong simply never had any intention to join, as you say - and it has been obvious.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think it's important to recognise that we've messed up our own summer. De Jong simply never had any intention to join, as you say - and it has been obvious.
We are equally to blame. But if there's any truth in him leading us on then he's also responsible and doesn't deserve the love he's getting from certain posters on here. It's cringeworthy.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
De Jong can feck off, in all honesty. The guy has zero intention of coming here and never has. Surprised there's still posters longing for him after he's practically messed up our whole summer.
What are you on about

flappyjay

Hopefully this ends in less than 200 pages this has been a long summer for the muppets.

croadyman

Like I said last night my worry is we would still need someone who can control the tempo as well

OrcaFat

He won't be lifting us to let's say 4th place on his own. I'd say we should look for the future rather then the present. Let's add shrewd signings like Laimer and Soler who'll give us something to build upon
I think he will lift us to 4th on his own. He will make the midfield function properly. All our other problems stem from being structurally and technically weak in midfield.

OmarUnited4ever

With the amount of reports from Spanish media on Casemiro to United, now I am worried about one of those Comunicado Oficial from Madrid :lol:

devilish

I think he will lift us to 4th on his own. He will make the midfield function properly. All our other problems stem from being structurally and technically weak in midfield.
well I don't. I think we've got far more issues for 1 player to sort on his own

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Literally no one player can lift us to the top 4. Even De Jong can't do that.

Hughes35

He's class and think he'd be a brilliant signing....... Just can't see it happening.

Why would an Elite level player and the peak of his career come to the circus?..... Hope I'm wrong though.

Gordon Godot

He's class and think he'd be a brilliant signing....... Just can't see it happening.

Why would an Elite level player and the peak of his career come to the circus?..... Hope I'm wrong though.
30 year old on a 5 year deal. Another joke that shows nothing has changed.

Nights

But we can't afford both Casemiro and someone else in midfield. If we go down the Casemiro route, we can only get him and he won't make much difference with the other 9 outfield players are shittier than shit.
In terms of wages we can afford two midfielders easily especially if we move Ronaldo on. We’d essentially be paying Casemiro Pogba+Lingard’s wages. With regards to transfer fees, we’re not Barcelona so other clubs won’t expect us necessarily to have to pay everything up front.

The question is moreso can we actually attract and sign two competent midfielders.

Judas

Open to offers
This is where our fanbase gets itself into a pickle. No he won't, not even close. So many people convince themselves that one signing will fix a lot more than it actually will. It's like people thinking De Jong was going to solve everything.

This team is an utter shambles, Casemiro doesn't change that completely, but he'd be an amazing cog in the machine, but that machine still has many cogs needing to be replaced.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I think this is the wrong strategy to take, but people are correct to point out he would be an absolutely monstrous upgrade. To go from having no DM to Casemiro, would be pretty incredible.

cyberman

This is where our fanbase gets itself into a pickle. No he won't, not even close. So many people convince themselves that one signing will fix a lot more than it actually will. It's like people thinking De Jong was going to solve everything.

This team is an utter shambles, Casemiro doesn't change that completely, but he'd be an amazing cog in the machine, but that machine still has many cogs needing to be replaced.
But then we said the same about Spurs lst season and they were completely revitalised by 2(I think?) signings. Their fans were on here talking about how they needed an entire new squad and that it was of mid table quality

Woodzy

This will probably be the one that happens between now and next week. His quality is obvious but shouldn't we be you know... building for the future at this point?

Judas

Open to offers
But then we said the same about Spurs lst season and they were completely revitalised by 2(I think?) signings. Their fans were on here talking about how they needed an entire new squad and that it was of mid table quality
True. I just think our squad is a lot more toxic with a lot more long term issues. Hey I'd love two transfers or one transfers to turn things around for us, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Conte is always a pragmatic coach. He can work out with teams with minimum additions. He proved multiple times previously.

But ETH wants to play certain way for that you need more than one player in my opinion. Of course ETH can make it work but chances are slim with current personals in your team.

Rodgerzzz

Can't wait for Chelsea to come out of nowhere showing interest only for this to fizzle out again when he starts for RM on the weekend.

Regardless I think this would be a great signing if they can pull it off.

RoyH1

Can't wait for Chelsea to come out of nowhere showing interest only for this to fizzle out again when he starts for RM on the weekend.

Regardless I think this would be a great signing if they can pull it off.
Chelsea has Kante and Jorginho so I'm quietly confident they won't meddle with this one

Status
Not open for further replies.