Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He’s going to be in a red shirt & people are still gonna claim clickbait

Nights

The team that paid 80m for Maguire, 90m for Pogba, 75m for Lukaku and 55m for Martinez. Murtough is desperate for a win.
That was my point. United don’t need to pay 75-80 for him because no one else is going to go anywhere near that amount.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We shouldn't go for a near 31 year old DM on silly money.

devilish

CAF: We need a DM!
*United gets linked with arguably the best DM in the world*
Also the CAF: No not that one!
That's a rather simplistic thing to view things isn't it? First of all ETH didn't want a DM. So what had changed now? Is it down to United being involved into a frenzy of panic signings? Secondly I was lucky to witness some of the best DM midfielders in the world, most like Rijkaard, Keane and Davids would shit on the likes of Casemiro. Let me reveal a secret to you. Legs are the first to go and once gone these players are either moved into a different role (in Rijkaard's case it was CB) or else they become useless. That's because DMs need to run.

Lu Tze

That's a rather simplistic thing to view things isn't it? First of all ETH didn't want a DM. So what had changed now? Is it down to United being involved into a frenzy of panic signings? Secondly I was lucky to witness some of the best DM midfielders in the world, most like Rijkaard, Keane and Davids would shit on the likes of Casemiro. Let me reveal a secret to you. Legs are the first to go and once gone these players are either moved into a different role (in Rijkaard's case it was CB) or else they become useless. That's because DMs need to run.
Yes, famously DMs like Makelele, Fernandinho became completely irrelevant the moment they hit 31. Casemiro has no injury history of note. There is no reason to think he will be unable to run at 34.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He will be a very good signing and we have been crying out for a player like him but surely not at any cost?

devilish

Yes, famously DMs like Makelele, Fernandinho became completely irrelevant the moment they hit 31. Casemiro has no injury history of note. There is no reason to think he will be unable to run at 34.
Casemiro would come for silly money and salary. He's going in the EPL (ie a more physical and fast paced football) at age 30 nearly 31, in a team with no CM and no structure. That's bad news. Not to forget that Real had already brought his replacement. Isn't that a warning sign for you?

Irrespective of signings United will not be a title contender for at least 2 more years. We should build for the future not for now..

mariko48

This is 2022 bro. Players don't just lose their legs when they turn 30s anymore.

Lu Tze

Casemiro would come for silly money and salary. He's going in the EPL (ie a more physical and fast paced football) at age 30 nearly 31, in a team with no CM and no structure. That's bad news. Not to forget that Real had already brought his replacement. Isn't that a warning sign for you?
He's 30 until he's 31. He would be a core part of resolving the lack of CM and structure. He would cover for the lack of height and bite in the team. Real Madrid are an infinitely better run club than us. RM cast offs have historically often done very well, as though they don't fit RM plans they can certainly fit others. This transfer will never happen, but if it did, getting one of the great DMs of the last 20 years with at least 2-3 years left in his legs is at least worth a shot.

RDCR07

He's 30 until he's 31. He would be a core part of resolving the lack of CM and structure. He would cover for the lack of height and bite in the team. Real Madrid are an infinitely better run club than us. RM cast offs have historically often done very well, as though they don't fit RM plans they can certainly fit others. This transfer will never happen, but if it did, getting one of the great DMs of the last 20 years with at least 2-3 years left in his legs is at least worth a shot.
Its worth a shot if he comes for like 30-40m plus 150k in wages. But at 70-80m and 300k in wages is it worth a shot?

Lu Tze

Its worth a shot if he comes for like 30-40m plus 150k in wages. But at 70-80m and 300k in wages is it worth a shot?
Do you want more McFred? He would absolutely be worth sub-De Gea wages.

Btw, he's younger than KDB, who nobody seems to talk about as some sort of geriatric.

devilish

Look I said my piece and there's nothing for me to add. In my opinion we should think for the future rather then the present as this side will not win irrespective of whether we sign Casemiro or not and by the time we set things in motion we'll need to replace Casemiro as well. You're free to disagree and support United's current stance of buying veterans like Ronaldo and Casemiro with the hope that they would drag us to success on their own.

AndySmith1990

Btw, he's younger than KDB, who nobody seems to talk about as some sort of geriatric.
He's also younger than Virgil van Dijk, and the same age as Salah. Liverpools best players are fecking pensioners

RDCR07

Just cause we don't want McFred doesn't mean we wouldn't be splurging on just about anyone. We have been doing that for the past decade and thats why we are where are today. We need to be smart about purchases, especially since our budget is limited. After wages, fees and bonuses Casemeiro will cost around 100m. Is he the answer for our team? If we spend that much we won't have the money for anyone else. And he ALONE is not the answer to our midfield problems. We need an #8 to pair up with a #6 in order to fix our midfield.

Lu Tze

Look I said my piece and there's nothing for me to add. In my opinion we should think for the future rather then the present as this side will not win irrespective of whether we sign Casemiro or not and by the time we set things in motion we'll need to replace Casemiro as well. You're free to disagree and support United's current stance of buying veterans like Ronaldo and Casemiro with the hope that they would drag us to success on their own.
Yes, we should solely buy veterans, that's exactly what I said. There's no need to be disingenuous. Of course we need a mix of players. There's just no reason some experience can't be a part of that mix. This isn't FM.

devilish

He's also younger than Virgil van Dijk, and the same age as Salah. Liverpools best players are fecking pensioners
Liverpool has built a great side and they had been reaping the benefits for it for quite some time. In the next 2-3 years they'll have to do things all over again. We don't have that. We have to build that great side which would require time to do. Buying 30 year old DMs won't cut it.

devilish

Yes, we should solely buy veterans, that's exactly what I said. There's no need to be disingenuous. Of course we need a mix of players. There's just no reason some experience can't be a part of that mix. This isn't FM.
That would work if we have already a great side and we need 2-3 experienced heads to lead it through. We don't have it. We've got a mess which will require years to sort. So what's the point of adding a 30 year old DM on crazy money? By the time we've sorted the team he'll need to be replaced.

As you said this is not FM. We won't buy 8 players at once (expecially with Murtough at the helm) and even if we did they will need time to play together effectively.

Johan77

Casemiro partners Fred in the brasilian national team, and has done so for more than a year. So there's no reason for them to don't work together in United, most likely wih another player beside (or in front of) them

RDCR07

Casemiro partners Fred in the brasilian national team, and has done so for more than a year. So there's no reason for them to don't work together in United, most likely wih another player beside (or in front of) them
Don't they have a better attack and better defense playing around them? We need to get both Fred and Mct out of the starting XI. We need at least 2 midfield signings this summer to replace them. The premiership is a whole another animal when compared to the teams Brazil plays most of the time in South America.

Johan77

Don't they have a better attack and better defense playing around them? We need to get both Fred and Mct out of the starting XI. We need at least 2 midfield signings this summer to replace them. The premiership is a whole another animal when compared to the teams Brazil plays most of the time in South America.
Of course they have better players around them, but those players also gets the ball from someone :)
In my opinion Fred is a player who are far better with a quality player around him, that player is not McTominay. I agree that we need 2 signings there, but I don't think that will happen. So partnering Casemiro with Fred and Eriksen and benching Bruno (who has been crap since more than a year) is for me good enough

Real Name

As I said to you all, after 30 your legs are gone.

RDCR07

Of course they have better players around them, but those players also gets the ball from someone :)
In my opinion Fred is a player who are far better with a quality player around him, that player is not McTominay. I agree that we need 2 signings there, but I don't think that will happen. So partnering Casemiro with Fred and Eriksen and benching Bruno (who has been crap since more than a year) is for me good enough
I am not sure how you are okay with starting Fred but benching Bruno? They both have been crap. At least Bruno had an initial spell when he was so influential. When has Fred ever been that influential for us in the middle of the park? He constantly misplaces passes, looses out on possession, doesn't foul a player and take a yellow card when there is a counter attack etc etc.

If we by some miracle get Savic and Casemiro then we are in business just we can Eriksen in that forward/#10 role and play Savic and Casemiro behind him and we will be much better off. But getting Casemiro alone will not work. He can only do so much to protect the back 4 defensively. If Casemiro plays in this United side today he will as non-existent as the rest of the feckers out there.

Johan77

I am not sure how you are okay with starting Fred but benching Bruno? They both have been crap. At least Bruno had an initial spell when he was so influential. When has Fred ever been that influential for us in the middle of the park? He constantly misplaces passes, looses out on possession, doesn't foul a player and take a yellow card when there is a counter attack etc etc.

If we by some miracle get Savic and Casemiro then we are in business just we can Eriksen in that forward/#10 role and play Savic and Casemiro behind him and we will be much better off. But getting Casemiro alone will not work. He can only do so much to protect the back 4 defensively. If Casemiro plays in this United side today he will as non-existent as the rest of the feckers out there.
Cause Bruno doesn't know how to the spell "play defense", he's on the same level as Ronaldo on that part. If we play with one defensive player, one "8" and one more creative player, I rather play Fred than Bruno as the "8" and Eriksen as the creative one. Apart from McTominay, Bruno is the player that irritate me the most of our starters, can barely stand him no more. He has a much higher ceiling than Fred and started really well in United, he's now a shadow of that player and doesn't seem to bother anymore.

As I said, I agree that we need more than one player in our midfield, but with our fantastic negotiators, I highly doubt it.

Judas

Open to offers

You talking about Fred or Bruno?

Laurencio

That would work if we have already a great side and we need 2-3 experienced heads to lead it through. We don't have it. We've got a mess which will require years to sort. So what's the point of adding a 30 year old DM on crazy money? By the time we've sorted the team he'll need to be replaced.

As you said this is not FM. We won't buy 8 players at once (expecially with Murtough at the helm) and even if we did they will need time to play together effectively.
Our biggest issue is an inability to win the midfield battle, lack of passing ability, a lack of steel centrally and lack of leadership on the pitch. Casemiro adds all of that for the next 3-4 seasons, at which point we'll hopefully be at a point where we can compete for the next Tchoumeni. That is, if we can get him.

We still need a playmaker like de Jong or someone with the ability to play progressive passes consistently as well. So we can't settle for one midfielder in this window, we need 2. Preferably both world class - Casemiro and de Jong would be ideal.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Our biggest issue is an inability to win the midfield battle, lack of passing ability, a lack of steel centrally and lack of leadership on the pitch. Casemiro adds all of that for the next 3-4 seasons, at which point we'll hopefully be at a point where we can compete for the next Tchoumeni. That is, if we can get him.

We still need a playmaker like de Jong or someone with the ability to play progressive passes consistently as well. So we can't settle for one midfielder in this window, we need 2. Preferably both world class - Casemiro and de Jong would be ideal.
De Jong can feck off, in all honesty. The guy has zero intention of coming here and never has. Surprised there's still posters longing for him after he's practically messed up our whole summer.

devilish

Look mate, I do rate Casemiro. He's a fantastic player and his experience at Real and Brazil will help us build some sort of structure with Varane at his back and Fred at his side. However age do matter especially at a time when we basically have no squad. This mess will take years to build so I do wonder if its worth spending silly money on a 30 year old DM especially when the midfielders around him are 29 and 27 respectively. That means that in 2-3 years time we'll have to invest massively in midfield again.

Laurencio

De Jong can feck off, in all honesty. The guy has zero intention of coming here and never has. Surprised there's still posters longing for him after he's practically messed up our whole summer.
He hasn't messed up our whole summer? It's not a player we have targeted's job to decide if and when we move on to a new target? That blame lies with people at the club, not a player we have targeted. If he doesn't come then it will be their job to find someone else.

Look mate, I do rate Casemiro. He's a fantastic player and his experience at Real and Brazil will help us build some sort of structure with Varane at his back and Fred at his side. However age do matter especially at a time when we basically have no squad. This mess will take years to build so I do wonder if its worth spending silly money on a 30 year old DM especially when the midfielders around him are 29 and 27 respectively. That means that in 2-3 years time we'll have to invest massively in midfield again.
We will not be able to compete for the youngsters we want to compete for without significant improvement on the pitch and in competitions. We are getting turned down by teenagers in favour of mid-table clubs. Who are we going to land that can both improve us right now and for the foreseeable future?

Who can we land that adds leadership on the pitch, a quality we sorely lack?

OrcaFat

Liverpool has built a great side and they had been reaping the benefits for it for quite some time. In the next 2-3 years they'll have to do things all over again. We don't have that. We have to build that great side which would require time to do. Buying 30 year old DMs won't cut it.
Ah but it will. He will lift us massively and can be the foundation around which the rest of the team is assembled. If he then needs to be replaced in say 4 years that’s not a problem that outweighs the benefit.

RDCR07

But we can't afford both Casemiro and someone else in midfield. If we go down the Casemiro route, we can only get him and he won't make much difference with the other 9 outfield players are shittier than shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.