Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
When city signed Fernandinho he was a similar age and they got 5 good years out of him. Casemiro is a better player by far and there’s no reason he can’t do very similar to a high level. Would be an outstanding signing at any cost.

flappyjay

Casemiro and Eriksen could work, but my god we are going to pay a lot of money and wages for him, aren't we?
Its a cycle, get happy that we finally reduced the wage bill by letting Pogba, Matic, Lingard and Cavani go and then pass it along to someone else. Heck martinez is on the 120 lingard was getting.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Oh, I didn't realise that he had lowered his salary (overall, not just for those seasons) when he had signed the prolongation in 2020. He was on crazy money originally.
No, on the whole he got a raise. Went from 14M annual average to close to 17. Just with very little in the first 2 seasons and then a lot in the last 4

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I do get that and said I felt he probably didn't want to come. But we don't know either way. So my point is, whilst is possible he did give us reassurance over wanting to come, then why are our supporters still going on about him? He's potentially mugged us all off.
No he hasn't

Gavinb33

If we can get this signing over the line i'd be happy as he is a world class player and in a position we have neglected for a decade.

However the way we have got here and how this transfer has come about i remain scathing of the club and the football structure and still think we are trying to shortcut our way back to the top with no real clue and squad building

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The only issue for me is that Casemiro cannot be the sole midfield signing. He fixes the fact that our midfield would finally have a player who can play as a no.6 and knows how to actually position himself to protect a defence, but he doesn’t do much in the way of a being a midfielder who helps us run a game and use the ball well. Need a nifty partner beside or slightly in front of him if it’s a 433.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Huge wages. 5 year contract. 30 years old. So when he's 34 he'll still be on well over 300k a week. Also hard to ignore the fact that we're trying to buy a player over 30 for €70m who has been replaced by a 22 year old for €85m i believe. He's a top player but this is nothing like the value of the failed De Jong deal. On paper it looks like what it probably is, a big name Joel Glazer signing. Dont get me wrong, he'd be a very good signing right now but this isnt a transfer with any great intelligence behind it.
Signing players with this type of profil is so smart:

- Schweinsteiger
- di Maria
- Falcao
- Varane
- Cavani
- Ronaldo

Keep them coming! Such a great recipe for success!

TheReligion

Abusive
Despite there being a tweet on this page where David Ornstein says the massive salary increase is wide of the mark?
You’re wasting your time. They just believe what they want to believe.

Even if he gets £300k per week it’s the same as Kante and Koulibaly pick up at Chelsea and less than Busquets and De Jong pocket at Barca

Rolaholic

Just hate this move. Why can't we get young hungry players
The top of the line/sure thing talents don't want to join us anymore, for good reason tbf, and the ones who would be open to aren't easily let go by their clubs without us shelling out a fortune

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Because none of the good ones want to join us because of the past 10 years. So we have to put an end to that reputation somehow and negotiate from a position of strength again. We can't keep going in free fall. Better spend big on a known world class player to give you a few top years with the bonus of stabilizing the club.

The_Midfielder

I haven't watched a lot of real the last few seasons other than the CL
Is he still good? Quick? Injury record?
Can he still play for a few years?
The more Brazilians the better :)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is a young hungry player the best potential partner/leader for the likes of Iqbal, Savage or even Garner? We have young hungry players that we can't throw in because the veterans of the team are untrustworthy.

Judas

Open to offers
The only issue for me is that Casemiro cannot be the sole midfield signing. He fixes the fact that our midfield would finally have a player who can play as a no.6 and knows how to actually position himself to protect a defence, but he doesn’t do much in the way of a being a midfielder who helps us run a game and use the ball well. Need a nifty partner beside or slightly in front of him if it’s a 433.
Totally agree with this. He solves a problem, but in a way creates another. He needs a partner, and no one currently at the club fits the bill for me.

TheReligion

Abusive

- Schweinsteiger
- di Maria
- Falcao
- Varane
- Cavani
- Ronaldo

We need to get CL football back via league or winning the EL

We can then open our recruitment pool.

You need a mix of experience and youth. We also need some steal in the middle of the park no?

NewYorkRed

- Schweinsteiger
- di Maria
- Falcao
- Varane
- Cavani
- Ronaldo

Past does not dictate the present. Broken clock right twice a day. I could go on…

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This is just the short-sighted ridiculous signing we’ve been at for years. The only reason I’m not totally against it is because he doesn’t seem to have a bad injury record? And our midfield is so desperate then desperation calls. It still could be another Matic who’s decent for a few months then drops off a cliff. Or worse, could be another past it reject laughing at one last payday.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
This could actually happen? We need this so much

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Another aging player like matic. We still haven't learned
Matic did a decent job for us to be fair.

If he had cost say, half of what he actually did, I think you could be pretty happy with that business overall (if someone wasn't already).

Similarly, if Casemiro was going to cost us £20m, loads more people would be leaping for joy.

izec

Meh, there are better ways to spend 60-70m. Lets see who else we bring in.

FdJ is off now, which is a pity. Would have taken him over Casemiro easily. We still need another midfielder

Real Name

- Schweinsteiger
- di Maria
- Falcao
- Varane
- Cavani
- Ronaldo

Well some of those were older or way older than him and were already washed up when came or just didnt want to be at the club. Its a strange mix and not the same as Casemiro who just came of a great CL winning season and is considered one of the best DMs in the world.

TheReligion

Abusive
This is just the short-sighted ridiculous signing we’ve been at for years. The only reason I’m not totally against it is because he doesn’t seem to have a bad injury record? And our midfield is so desperate then desperation calls. It still could be another Matic who’s decent for a few months then drops off a cliff. Or worse, could be another past it reject laughing at one last payday.
30 is the new 40

ti vu

Fred as no 8 may have some chemistry with him as both played for Brazil NT. As a no 10, or an extra midfielder, Eriksen can be fine. Just not Eriksen as deepest midfielder, or false 9

Kostov

What is the latest reported fee? His quality is undeniable, am I wrong in thinking he had some injuries in the last 2-3 years

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Totally agree with this. He solves a problem, but in a way creates another. He needs a partner, and no one currently at the club fits the bill for me.
You're not wrong, but we've seen better games from McT and Fred when they're not burdened with the defensive side so much. So while I'd really like a complete overhaul in midfield, adding defensive stability with the best DM out there could help our other, less than impressive midfielders as well

saivet

Still don't think it will happen but clearly I was wrong to dismiss it so quickly. When comparing him to FDJ, I think FDJ would be a better fit for ETH if our squad was in top shape but Casemiro will be a better fit in the short term, adapting to the PL and probably a better midfield partner to Fred (assuming we don't get another CM in). Fred and Casemiro have played a fair bit together for Brazil so know each others game, even if the tactics of ETH are quite different to that of Brazil.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The super optimistic view may be that by playing Casemiro as a 6, moving Fred slightly further up the field gives him licence to finally show what we paid for and what he’s shown in spurts at the club (e.g. Atletico game). Wouldn’t hold my breath on it, but still…!

mu4c_20le

- Schweinsteiger
- di Maria
- Falcao
- Varane
- Cavani
- Ronaldo

Which if these were world class and best in their position when we signed them?

I'll wait.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be clear, I'm not suggesting that Casemiro is perfect and a guaranteed success but he does provide a benefit for us that young hungry players don't. Also you can be in your prime and hungry.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Or it could be another Makalele who was also signed from real madrid at 30 and played at the top level for another 4 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.