g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

avgp_1

So who is most suitably to partner him in the midfield? Fred or McTominay?
Fred surely, does it for Brazil and actually will be important to play some quick one twos to build moves alongside Casemiro. Casemiro likes players in around him to pass to

caid

I presume this will get done before monday to try and take some momentum out of protests. Not enough imo and the kind of offer thats being talked about sounds irresponsible

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Di Maria came from same league and even the same club so you could argue the same for him. It didn't work that way did it?

Like I said hopefully it will be different this time but when money is the motivation it often doesn't go well.
It's where we are at the moment. Our long term plan might be different but right now we need Champions League football and if that means risking bumper contracts again on a couple of high wage players then fine. The difference being, I feel this time, we're going for a highly professional and ambitious player who although not very good technically will absolutely dominate the middle of the pitch for us in a way we haven't seen for years. Plus I feel that if it was just money and not money +prestige/growth/success or some other factors then he could go to Newcastle.

He'll need technical players around him, which he will with Martinez, Eriksen and hopefully another CM to compete with Fred, but I'm pleased that our club can draw in players like him when we need it most.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
My analogy is perfectly fine. I can take another job JUST for the money. Why does that mean I automatically will suck at my new job?

Also players want new challenges all the time. He’s spent his career there and won it all. Isn’t it possible he wants to try something else? Of course it is. Never said likely, the money is 100% a huge factor, but never rule out everything else just because its easy and feeds into the negative character of this place/around the club.
It’s not beyond the realms of possibility but it is beyond the realms of existence.

And unless you’re in the executive of the bank where you work, it’s very different comparing the impact you have compared to a player in a football team. So no, the analogy doesn’t quite work.

mav_9me

Sorry, I missed your first comment since I didn’t read back a lot. And I absolutely agree with you. A midfield of Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno is unbalanced and Casemiro will get pressed and United fans will wonder how he looked so good at Real.
Spot on. That's my big worry. He excels as his focus is different in RM with Kroos and Modric around to be the link midfielders.

Hopefully the fact that he and Fred work fine for Brazil means something for us.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I presume this will get done before monday to try and take some momentum out of protests. Not enough imo and the kind of offer thats being talked about sounds irresponsible
No, I think that Neymar will be the one doing that. :angel:

Highfather_24

This would be a short to medium term signing, and sometimes you need that. We would definitely improve a lot more with him in our team. And yeah, the only thing is his huge wage, but Sancho/Varane are on similar money too. Hopefully we get rid of De Gea/Ronaldo soon.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It's where we are at the moment. Our long term plan might be different but right now we need Champions League football and if that means risking bumper contracts again on a couple of high wage players then fine. The difference being, I feel this time, we're going for a highly professional and ambitious player who although not very good technically will absolutely dominate the middle of the pitch for us in a way we haven't seen for years. Plus I feel that if it was just money and not money +prestige/growth/success or some other factors then he could go to Newcastle.

He'll need technical players around him, which he will with Martinez, Eriksen and hopefully another CM to compete with Fred, but I'm pleased that our club can draw in players like him when we need it most.
I’d be keen to understand why you think he’s particularly noted for professionalism (not saying I disagree, just that not something I’d heard to keen to read about it).

Norris Cole

Henderson
New RB - Maguire - Varane - Shaw (on form)
Casemiro - Fred
Sancho - Eriksen - Rashford
New ST

Could be real nice next year with Sancho / Rashford / Shaw finding some confidence again

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I wonder what Ron has said to him if they’ve been in contact and he is thinking of joining.
Not Ronnie - Varane

"Mate. Seriously. They'll pay you to be injured! Yeah.... Yeah.... no, it's called 'Wings'. Yeah! Don't order Banquet A and B together. You can get it cheap for a hundred quid if you tell the waitress you want the Vangle Special..."

GreatDane

Henderson
Casemiro - Fred
New ST

Could be real nice next year with Sancho / Rashford / Shaw finding some confidence again
Think Henderson has burned his bridges behind him for good.

Highfather_24

Getting in a proper #6 would also mean we finally get a profile in midfield we really needed. It would allow Fred, Bruno, Eriksen etc to flourish.

I can see ETH using him similar to how he used Alvarez last season. With two more technical #8s ahead of him. Hopefully we can get another #8 in who is a proper ball progressor .

Flexdegea

Henderson
Casemiro - Fred
New ST

Shaw is done in my opinion.

Think ETH has gave him enough rope for him to be dropped now

Henderson
Casemiro - Fred
New ST

For the love of god please stop this nonsense!:lol:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Interesting, As Madrid fan, wouldn't you think that Valverdi, Tchouameni & Camavinga are excellent young CMs, and should be ready to perform now?
On paper they should be more than enough but sometimes the transition isn't as seamless and my main concern is that I don't think the money is going to serve us to sign someone else this late in the window. I'd rather sell Kroos and I rate Casemiro, he's great at what he does and also has a good shot and scores very good goals every now and then. I guess if he wants to leave it would be good to cash on him now.

TheReligion

Abusive

Good post.

If he signs we will have a world class DM. One that can compete with anyone in the world.

City - Rodri
Liverpool - Fabinho
Chelsea - Kante
Spurs - Bissouma/Holjberg
Arsenal - Partey

The better teams have the better DMs. It’s pretty obvious really.

Yes he doesn’t solve all our problems but anyone who doesn’t feel this signing improves us massively is a complete and utter fool. It will make us much harder to play through and give the CBs world class support.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Di Maria came from same league and even the same club so you could argue the same for him. It didn't work that way did it?

Like I said hopefully it will be different this time but when money is the motivation it often doesn't go well.
Di Maria is physically/mentally weak, Casemiro is about the opposite. I really can't see him failing or losing motivation here, unless we continue this shite show for long, which would make everyone losing their motivation playing for us anyway.

evil_geko

The big question: why did we waste 3 months on de Jong when this lad was potentially available ? We threw away 6 points there chasing that Dutch bastard.
They are not same profile, Casemiro is not De Jong alternative.

Alemar

So who is most suitably to partner him in the midfield? Fred or McTominay?
Of course Fred, they often start together for Brazil. That said, Fred can definitely be improved upon, and very hopefully will be.

In this scenario McTominay to be disposed of immediately, and Fred may become a squad option for rotation purposes.

evil_geko

Henderson
Casemiro - Fred
New ST

Henderson can feck off.

RedorDead21

Henderson
Casemiro - Fred
New ST

Looks horrendous still!

New keeper

New RB - varane - Martinez - Malacia

- Casemiro - FDJ -
—————Eriksen——
New RW —ronaldo——Sancho

Swap out ronaldo next year.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
de Gea

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Malacia

Casemiro
Eriksen
Van de Beek/Fred

Sancho
Martial/Ronaldo
Rashford

-------------------

Could be good. Would still rather see a more attacking RB than Dalot (wouldn't mind Dest, think he and Sancho would be devastating together down the right but we would be targeted from a defensive standpoint for sure.)

A better ball playing goalkeeper as well is a must.

Suv666

Unreal we're signing Casemiro.
Get the feck in. Get another CM, RB and a forward and we are ready to rumble

Remember the geese

Henderson
Casemiro - Fred
New ST

Would be nicer if Henderson wasn't in goal. Also, Martinez doesn't appear to be there. As for Shaw and Rashford, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ahmer Baig

Henderson
Casemiro - Fred
New ST

Shaw and Rashford are never finding their form.

Status
Not open for further replies.