Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkRed

Money is the only factor is this. But he is a serial winner and a defensive midfielder playing at the highest level. If we managed to sign him, that is.
Glad to know you’ve been on the phone with him. Did he say he was going to sign or not by any chance?

crossy1686

career ending
Not a Ten Hag kind of player but him, Pulisic on loan and a RB could be a fairly decent window, as long as the others decide to get their act together and stop feeling sorry for themselves

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Don't like this signing. We should sign the next Messi. If we had signed the first Messi when he was a youth player we could have sold him to Real Madrid at his peak for hundreds of millions and then bought the new Messi by now, but noooooo we bought Taibi instead ffs.

Laurencio

Don't like this signing. We should sign the next Messi. If we had signed the first Messi when he was a youth player we could have sold him to Real Madrid at his peak for hundreds of millions and then bought the new Messi by now, but noooooo we bought Taibi instead ffs.
:lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is starting to look good :nervous: pick up FDJ when we're done and then oust the scum and we're back enjoying football.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I still don't understand how this could be happening, but there are too many positive noises coming from every source to ignore.

Seemed about as likely as us signing Mbappe two days ago. Just absolute pie in the sky.

cyberman

He's leaving a top team to join one that's massively off the pace. It's the money mate.

I think he's a top top player but these deals come with red flags. Di Maria and Sanchez were top players too. They came for the money and look how that went for us.

Let's hope if we get him it's different this time and he stays humble and grafts.
Yeah but both didn’t want to come, Sanchez wanted to leave after the first training session. Di Maria didn’t want to join us for the money , he joined us as a stop gap for his move 1 year later.
I have no reason to believe Casemiro has to come to United to get a rise in wages. It’s not as if he’s being linked with 500k a week here.

Naturally these players get raises after such moves but if he’s coming to EL United then he just wants to join United is a factor in itself.
Plus there’s the pull of the EPL.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Although its mostly about money (last big pay cheque in his career), but there is something about playing in PL, a league where he is always tempted to play one day, that attracts him. It doesn't have to be us of course, but he already have enough success over his career, so I guess he doesn't mind joining a club which is not likely to win any trophy any time soon.
Di Maria came from same league and even the same club so you could argue the same for him. It didn't work that way did it?

Like I said hopefully it will be different this time but when money is the motivation it often doesn't go well.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I mean he was a youngster and was never dislodging Morientes, Raul and R9
Morientes was defintely dislogeable, he actually declined badly a year later. And they were playing with two strikers.

El-Manos

The big question: why did we waste 3 months on de Jong when this lad was potentially available ? We threw away 6 points there chasing that Dutch bastard.

Mike Smalling

Is one of our Hail Mary attempts actually going to work out? I don't even care if we overpay. I'm in full muppet mode at this point. The fact that it could mean the end of McFred is downright orgasmic.

TheReligion

Abusive
:lol:

Truth_hurts

Supports
Forest
South American, used to playing with world class midfielder, moves to sunny Manchester for the money, to join a damaged team, with a new manager, that has lost two on the bounce.

I don't see what could go wrong here?

Laurencio

This is starting to look good :nervous: pick up FDJ when we're done and then oust the scum and we're back enjoying football.
That is the dream. Would almost make the first two games worth it if we came out of it with those two.

So who is most suitably to partner him in the midfield? Fred or McTominay?
de Jong or Tielemans. But out of those two, Fred.

DarkXaero

The big question: why did we waste 3 months on de Jong when this lad was potentially available ? We threw away 6 points there chasing that Dutch bastard.
I think they're very different types of players. FDJ + Casemiro together would actually be an incredible midfield.

Dobba

Other than both having legs and both being one of the midfield three, is there any similarities between the two? Casemiro is infinitely more defensively minded than de Jong, despite Barcelona playing him a centre back for a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.