Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPace

No sign that ETH rates Donny.
I was surprised 5 minutes into the Brighton game when Eriksen started as a false 9 and McTominay played as an 8 without the ball but was often the highest up central player in attack, because that seems like the best possible role for Van Der Beek to play. Early days, but that seemed like a weird choice if he thinks VDB can hack it here.

dinostar77

All he has to do is to text varane and ronaldo as ask them what the club is currently like and tuen the move down.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's got a point, him and Varane.

Real Madrid used to be Barcelona dumb and now it seems they are sensing when players have have had their best years and best to move them on rather than give them their last fat contract.
The guy just won his 5th ucl while putting on a master class in the final calling him a reject is taking things too far.

There are question marks over this transfer but his quality should not be in doubt.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don’t know, he’s still playing like he doesn’t want to stay at the club and I don’t think there’s any way he signs an extension. £30-35m would get him, I reckon. It’s either that or they massively risk not getting anything when he leaves on a free next season.
If I were Leicester, I'd hold out and go for more. We're desperate and our window is renowned as a shambles. I'd gamble Tielemans would have to get over himself in lieu of a WC starting place plus having to try sell himself to potential suitors come January.

Plus, does that £30m-£35m get them a suitable replacement this late in the window? Definitely a time to be bold from their position, I would say.

dinostar77

Would be useful if he signed before our relegation six pointer with southampton next week.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His role at Madrid seems to be that of a Ball winner / destroyer.

He immediately finds one of Kroos or Modric or anyone else in midfield after he wins the ball back. He doesnt really carry the ball forward or dictate play which would mean we need someone of that calibre beside him. Would that be eriksen ? Bruno ? VdB ? fred ?.

Imagine him winning the ball back after battling 3 players only to see Mc/Fred misplace a 5 yard pass and start a counter attack
Mostly, with the additional element of making late runs into the box. But make no mistake, if not under pressure he's also a pretty good passer. We mostly don't use him much on the ball in the buildup *because we have Kroos and Modric*, not because he's poor at it. Although he can struggle a bit under pressure. So yes, ideally, you want to partner him up with a great ball progressor to take pressure off him. The few times teams zeroid in on Modric and Kroos in our buildup and dared him to run the game, he dominated

Belisarius

The guy just won his 5th ucl while putting on a master class in the final calling him a reject is taking things too far.

There are question marks over this transfer but his quality should not be in doubt.
Reject is too strong. But, things have changed. There was a time not too long ago when Real Madrid were floundering and Man Utd sold them Van Nistlerooy, Beckham and the Argentinian left back as they aged out at United. Now, things are pretty much reversed. We are floundering and buying up there players as they age out of their starting line-up.

GledTheRed

We said similar about Varane and watched him get ripped apart all season.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He was injured for most of it. What the feck were you watching, when he did actually play.

fergies coat

Reject is too strong. But, things have changed. There was a time not too long ago when Real Madrid were floundering and Man Utd sold them Van Nistlerooy, Beckham and the Argentinian left back as they aged out at United. Now, things are pretty much reversed. We are floundering and buying up there players as they age out of their starting line-up.
Beckham and Ruud played well in Madrid.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Varane came of a less than stellar season and always had some slight injury problems and he could still turn it around, we'll see.
While true he could certainly be of great use in our way to a proper rebuild, I doubt he's gonna reach Madrid heights with us but him just brings some composure in an area we severely lacked in quality will be greatly appreciated.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Do we have a sizable fan base in brazil?
Didn't Neymar talk about his desire to play for us a while ago? If so it's a shame we haven't managed to exploit that great region, hopefully having a Brazilian great in casemiro sets a trend.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Let's go. Right into the starting lineup to get sent off vs Liverpool with a crunching tackle :drool:

Replenish

Man if we go from McFred and Bruno to Casemiro, Fred and Eriksen we would go from a extremely weak midfield to an absolutely fantastic one.
Get Varane and Martinez behind that and Yann Sommer behind them. Suddenly we have a proper spine in the team.
We wouldn't. Erikson is average at best nowadays and Casemiro is not want we need. Rather than a destroyer type DM we need a deep lying play maker who can sheild the defence and dictate play. A Carrick, Busquets type player. I might be wrong but from what i've seen Casemiro is a good DM and good at winning the ball but he's not the Carrick, Busquests type and he'll be yet another player who isn't particularly good on the ball or comfortable in possession.

That's one of our biggest problems. Our current squad is very limited in terms of players who can keep hold of the ball or are comfortable in possession. They all want to get rid of it as quickly as possible. Casemiro will be more of the same I expect.

JB7

Mad how we can quick and decisively when we need to but spend 99% of our time arsing around all summer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Will this signing help stop Ronaldo sitting in the corner crying into his chicken pasta at the player canteen?

Strats

Wow. Incredible how fast things have gone with this if Marcas claim is true

Dempsey19

Does anyone know Casemiro's injury record? Is he available most of the time or often out?
He has missed 31 games in his whole career due to injury. His longest injury was fibula shaft fractures in the 16/17 where he missed 13 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.