Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTails

we’ve become Madrid's retirement home. Let them get 2 the best midfielders of the next generation while we take their players on the slide on wages Madrid simply wouldn’t pay them. It’s genius from Madrid.
You can’t be shit for a decade, have better teams dominating your league, not be in Europe’s elite competition, and expect to compete with the best for the rising stars.

Blood Mage

A panic buy definitely but a top tier panic buy at least. It will be nice to watch a proper midfielder in a United shirt for a change.

Rojow

I agree.

This is a good FIFA23 buy, but in reality isn't a good solution for the coming years. This is plain stupid.

pseudo_canadian

This one looks like Casemiro was a back up to FDJ from very early in the window. Now that FDJ seems like it won't happen, we are moving quickly on him. We perhaps kept his entourage warm all summer and had parallel discussion under the radar.

Perhaps they were going to switch to him once Casemiro confirmed that he is open to moving.

No other way this moves so quickly!
Was he though? Casemiro and FDJ are completely different players.

We still need a CM in the mold of FDJ who will dictate play and play alongside Casemiro.

Fiocca

This will be an absolute disaster. Like everything else in recent times.
User name checks out.

So, never really watched him. Just watched a video and he's like a fecking Rolls-Royce. Should be made captain immediately. Brand new start.

Ole'sattheWheel

Inb4 the Sky Sports News graphic when he signs
  • £150 million *including wages and agent fees spread over the next 4 years
  • 34 years old *as of 2025 when his contract ends
  • 5th percentile in defending shots in the Spanish league *by players on the field for 2 minutes or less in the 4th place position with an xG of 0.02 in the 3rd GW of the 2019 season

marktan

You can’t be shit for a decade, have better teams dominating your league, not be in Europe’s elite competition, and expect to compete with the best for the rising stars.
True, but the problem is given how bad our recruitment is and how bad the CEO / Director of football / Board are, we're not likely to build a good team around Casemiro. So in 3 years time we'll be needing to replace Casemiro but still not able to attract the elite talent. While Real will have a 25 year old Tchouameni for basically a 20m net outlay..

I'm happy we're signing him but I think we really missed a trick by not going in for Bissouma at half the price.

evil_geko

I agree.

This is a good FIFA23 buy, but in reality isn't a good solution for the coming years. This is plain stupid.
Buying one of best DMs in the world is plain stupid, ok, is this a year thing, are you one of those usual Caftards who think footballers magically become shit when they hit 30yo?

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I agree.

How on earth is signing the best DM in the world plain stupid? This isn’t FM where players die after 30.

Speako

Fred & McTominey to Casemiro & Eriksen? Yeah. Suppose I’ll take that.

Jezpeza

Genuine world class player. We need him. Also a Great sale for Madrid too as they have Tchoumeni and Camavinga who i think will become an axis of evil in time plus kroos and valverde.

AdNani

i actually can't believe we're getting him, from Mctominay to Casemiro, i don't think ive ever seen an upgrade as big

Shiva87

Was he though? Casemiro and FDJ are completely different players.

We still need a CM in the mold of FDJ who will dictate play and play alongside Casemiro.
Logically both will go well together, but we all know United has a budget requirement. I'll be shocked if we spend on both!

Doesn't work with the glazeronomics.

AdNani

we’ve become Madrid's retirement home. Let them get 2 the best midfielders of the next generation while we take their players on the slide on wages Madrid simply wouldn’t pay them. It’s genius from Madrid.
Yawn.

Rolaholic

They seem to want him stay for another year or two going off their subreddit.
The consensus seems to be that they feel Tchouameni isn't ready to fill in just yet especially if they want to repeat in Europe and the league and that a season as Casemiro's deputy would've served him best.

Seen fans wishing they could've gotten even more money :lol:. His exit really doesn't seem welcomed by the fans at all even with all the money.

gza the genius

He doesn't solve all of our problems but I think a midfield of Casemiro protecting the back 4, Eriksen sitting deep and being the connection from defense to attack, and Fred running around at 100mph without any real restrictions could actually be a very good midfield.

That plus the Casemiro and Varane/Madrid connection and Fred/Brazil connection and we could potentially be looking at a transformative signing. Not to mention the experience and leadership he brings to the team that we're so badly missing. Bench Maguire and make Casemiro captain.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Can't help but think Spain as a whole have decided to troll us this window. Still doubt this will happen.

Skåre Willoch

Fun signing. Hope we dont regret it in two-three years, and that we still try to recruit some top MF prospects next window.

dinostar77

Perez must be pissing himself. £70mil for a 30 year old. Mental english club.

So we couldnt get Frenkie. PSG beat us to his backup i.e. fabian ruiz so we decided to drop the idea of a playmaker in front of the defence and gone with a DM. How bizarre.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Purposefully stayed out of this thread as I was convinced it was a ploy for a new contract. Can't believe its actually going to happen, greatest CDM on the planet at the moment and it'll be a fecking huge upgrade for us.

Sign a B2B and a versatile forward and I'll have a bit more faith in us making top 4

KeanoMagicHat

So of the Premier League midfielders "old man" Casemiro is younger than:

Kevin De Bruyne
Kanté
Thiago
Jorginho
Gundogan

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Yeah but you can scout them, and then buy them whilst they’re still rising? There’s a lot of things you can do with the resources of Manchester United, who’ve known they needed basically a whole new midfield and a massive rebuild for at least 9 months, that isn’t “panic buy a big name in the last week of the window”… something we’ve essentially done in virtually every one post Fergie, bar a couple.

Fellaini
Schweinstiger
Falcao
Di Maria
Matic
Cavani
Varane
Ronaldo
Casemiro (potentially)

Only 2 were bought before the season had already started and the same number were under 30.

It’s not just that we’re a ridiculously run club, but that we’re so shamelessly and openly a ridiculously run club. Almost like it’s some kind of deliberate running bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.