Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
The consensus seems to be that they feel Tchouameni isn't ready to fill in just yet especially if they want to repeat in Europe and the league and that a season as Casemiro's deputy would've served him best.

Seen fans wishing they could've gotten even more money :lol:. His exit really doesn't seem welcomed by the fans at all even with all the money.
Pretty much, the guy has put up class performances as recent as the super cup should it's understandable why they don't want to part ways, especially considering French lad's less than stellar debut.

Sanchez7

Fun signing. Hope we dont regret it in two-three years, and that we still try to recruit some top MF prospects next window.
Certainly. Given our past record however, we will be regretting it by end of December.

Short term fixes never work. We have been down this road before and it didn’t work. The club never learns. So yeah, let’s take our dopamine hit and celebrate the signing but don’t expect to see any long term success without a clear change in strategy.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He doesn't solve all of our problems but I think a midfield of Casemiro protecting the back 4, Eriksen sitting deep and being the connection from defense to attack, and Fred running around at 100mph without any real restrictions could actually be a very good midfield.

That plus the Casemiro and Varane/Madrid connection and Fred/Brazil connection and we could potentially be looking at a transformative signing. Not to mention the experience and leadership he brings to the team that we're so badly missing. Bench Maguire and make Casemiro captain.
:lol: so accurate.

RedorDead21

Inb4 the Sky Sports News graphic when he signs
  • £150 million *including wages and agent fees spread over the next 4 years
  • 34 years old *as of 2025 when his contract ends
  • 5th percentile in defending shots in the Spanish league *by players on the field for 2 minutes or less in the 4th place position with an xG of 0.02 in the 3rd GW of the 2019 season

Coupled with Merson, rednapp or souness giving us their thoughts on why he’s too old for such a ridiculous fee

KeanoMagicHat

Only 2 we’re bought before the season had started and only one was under 30. How many have been huge success?
How many United players in general have been a huge success? It's not like the strike rate on buying teenagers or early 20s players is stunning either. In fact, on Neville's list of greens, one of the two was in his mid-30s when he signed.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Anyone else expecting his magical card-avoiding ability to stay in Madrid?

Seriously though, an actual defensive midfielder. Potentially over the hill in an extremely physical position, but beggars can't be choosers.

Also, he plays with Fred for Brazil right?

To give all credit if it happens, I can't imagine a single poster on here wouldn't have taken a midfield of:

------------Casemiro--------------
--Eriksen----------Fred----------

At the start of the window.

AdNani

I didn’t want Ronadlo either. I think it’s the completely wrong profile of player to go for and we do it over and over and wonder why we are treading water and burning through money and getting the worst ROI in the history of the sport. Yawn all you want. I’m feckin sick of it.
Ok, not sure what Ronaldo has to do with it, he's 38, Casemiro is 30 and literally the best in the world in his position. When was the last time we had that?

Also DM's regularly play til their late 30's, Fernandinho is an example. He's never been a player who's relied on pace, and his positioning/reading of the game is second to none. he's a player more than capable of giving us 4/5 too class years.

Sanchez7

How many United players in general have been a huge success? It's not like the strike rate on buying teenagers or early 20s players is stunning either. In fact, on Neville's list of greens, one of the two was in his mid-30s when he signed.
Using united’s transfer record to judge transfer success or failure is setting the bar really low. I thought we had moved past that with Woodward leaving?

RedChisel

I really want to roundhouse kick some of you miserable gits through a window. We are signing a genuine world class DM, something we've been crying out for for an eternity. Cheer the feck up!

MrPaxtons

Imminent to the Spanish doesn’t have the same meaning as it does to us English speakers, iv been on twitter too long to believe any imminent talk

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
True, but at least there’s sell on value for younger players. It’s just a terrible business strategy as well as a football one.

Grande

Panic signing, most definitely, but some much needed quality in a position we absolutely have no depth in. Just annoying he probably won't be registered in time to play against the Dippers.
Some of my best exams were done in a fit of panic.

Although looking at it from a squad perspective, it looks more planned than De Jong.

Having Bruno and Eriksen, who would make more sense - Casemiro or De Jong?

Among our midfielders, we have playmaking capacities (Eriksen, Bruno), Box-to-box players (Fred, McTominay), attacking facilitators (VdB), but not one who can take defensive responibility in a reliable way. Based on what we have and what we lack, this looks more like a profile analytics based signing than De Jong or Rabiot would.

DeGea’sFeet

Now this looks like it might be happening, and it still is such a post SAF Man Utd type of signing, even if he is the type of player we need. I think de Jong would be great, I wasn’t keen on De Jong alone. But with Casimero, I think De Jong will give us a great midfield.

MiracleInMadrid

There will presumably be people who have gone to bed and will wake up missing the whole transfer saga. Can’t remember a marquee signing moving this quickly before.

Since the start of the De Jong saga I have literally groven a few grey hairs in my beard. No bs. Quite the contrast!

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Then should have signed him back in June, knobheads.

Throw him into a team of spineless, inept twats against the second best team in the world and ruin all sense of hope and optimism this signing brings by shipping in 4 goals on his debut. Nice one.

Okay fine, he'll make all the difference and we'll smash Liverpool 3-0. But seriously, id rather him train for a week, get used to the new system and then introduce him once the dust has settled, but what do i know.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
feck me my head is spinning from the speed of this... What are we doing?! I needed the customary 3 weeks off bid preparation time!

Status
Not open for further replies.