Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB7

I really like Casemiro, he's a great player and ticks so many boxes in terms of what we lack but I just can't get a good feeling about this signing. I'm normally pretty optimistic with United signings and think they'll do well, and that goes for the three we've signed so far too but with this it just feels like more of a hope that a think - which obviously is highly illogical given he'd clearly be the best signing on paper out of him, Eriksen, Malacia and Martinez. But I just don't know, my gut feeling is that it fits into almost every type of signing that has gone wrong over the past few years whereas I hoped we'd be looking for more players on an upward trajectory this summer. We'll see, he's a brilliant player I just hope he's a brilliant player for us.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It does seem like that quite often, but their reliable outlets don't tend to make too many things up, either. Regardless, Casemiro hasn't necessarily dismissed us immediately, so that's a good sign, at least.
I just had to make that remark because it's staggering, brazilian media seem to say nothing or say good thing about brazilian players. Now you are right and the most reliable reporters said that he was interested, it's unlikely that Bouhafsi, Ornstein and Romano are all wrong.

kelvinwong2026

I think he has the type of body that will become really slow and clumsy in the later stage of his career(just like Rooney). Yes you could argue he never relies on pace, but just see how Matic has been in the last 2 years. I am afraid the deteriorate rate of Casemiro will be even faster.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Slightly confused as to why United waited until the end of the window to get this done. They could've had Casemiro signed and ready to start against Brighton but are running around late on in the window trying to get a deal done.

Cracking player though. Definitely the type of player United have been missing.
My guess is Ten Hag didn't realize how shit our midfield actually was, or thought he could coach it to be better. Sure he prioritized improving it, but probably saw some parts he could work with. They probably did pretty well in training too. And then saw 2 real games of Fred/McTominay in there and saw them all over the place and realized he needed a DM. Obvious mistake to just not go after one from the start, but at least we pivoted to one before too late...

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Aside from that there’s no chance this happens, he’s also entirely not the player that will make a blind bit of difference to this side. Oh so he’ll win the ball back, pass it ten yards to Bruno and then he’ll go and chase the ball back again. Might as well sign a Border Collie for all the good it’ll do.
that's just BS. What he would bring is:
  • a defensive stability we were lacking
  • push Fred to a no8 where he excelled - that's lke getting a new player
  • push McTominay out of the team

Easily would make a difference. Obviously we would still be a little iffy in the build up but we could could introduce Iqball, Mejbri much easier now, or give Eriksen a breather being the last man. For a well pressing team we would still need at least a hardowroking striker afterwords but I'd hope we could get one even if that was a temporary solution like Vardy.

In another Window, spending a lot of games in the Europa we will have known already if some of the youngsters might breakthrough and try to push for a De Jong type of player. I would hope Ten Haag will meet with the scouting team again and build a trust with them or work extrahours to get another Malacia type of player in January.

But DM as much as a press resistant DLP is equally as important maybe even more. and Casemiro is not just a ball winner he's a decent passer. What's important he would finallyfill that hole at no6 and add the extra needed aggression and leadership we lack there.

Unfortunately it's a very low chance we would get him, not sure what he would be looking for in the current MUFC.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Casemiro Casemirooo Casemiroo case caaase
Casemiro Casemirooo miro miro case caase

*to the tune of Hair - Hare Krishna

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I guess we only went in for him after Rabiot asked for silly wages.
Or maybe we were never after Rabiot? Why do people believe every fecking bullshit written in the media. Those lousy so called "journalists" are just making living of fans foolish and desperate beliefs..

Rolaholic

'Casemiro would help release Bruno Fernandes to only think of the attack'

croadyman

100% what we needed in this team to be honest. Think we need someone like him more then de Jong although the next midfield signing should be one that can progress the ball and move it forward.
Yeah could someone like Tielemans work with him at all or not progressive enough for us

quirkey

100% what we needed in this team to be honest. Think we need someone like him more then de Jong although the next midfield signing should be one that can progress the ball and move it forward.
That’ll be de Jong then

crossy1686

career ending
Or maybe we were never after Rabiot? Why do people believe every fecking bullshit written in the media. Those lousy so called "journalists" are just making living of fans foolish and desperate beliefs..
:lol: Murtough was filmed coming out of the airport and getting in a car driven by Juve's driver.

Here he is, literally in Turin.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Not according to the Brazilian media:

That's what they all say. Who the fek wants the challenge of being battered by Brentford while Ronaldo whinges from his wheelchair.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Slightly confused as to why United waited until the end of the window to get this done. They could've had Casemiro signed and ready to start against Brighton but are running around late on in the window trying to get a deal done.
I think they're been more active after getting spanked in their two opening games. :lol:

Getting will be good for him but from the outside seems like a total reactionary move, wich shows they're panicking and didn't have a plan from the start. In the great scheme of things it should be worriesome how they approach this transfer windows but short term at least they're trying to address some issues while they still have time.

Status
Not open for further replies.