Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alemar

To be able to understand the highly important instructions and motivational words coming from our leader Maguire
Casemiro will likely be given an armband this Monday already, and chances are revered leader Maguire will be on the bench

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Excited about this, can’t believe it’s true. We need him now and hopefully get a younger version for cheap in next year or two to follow him.

only downside to this thread is that Pogba is involved in it for some reason

Idxomer

Not pointless, but it would be silly to not add another quality midfielder who is skilled at progressives passes to play next to him.
More importantly, a midfielder who could actually carry the ball forward in an effective way.

RedorDead21

Excited about this, can’t believe it’s true. We need him now and hopefully get a younger version for cheap in next year or two to follow him.

only downside to this thread is that Pogba is involved in it for some reason
Once the smell of desperation leaves us…we’ll start saving cash on transfers so this will speed that up as well.

mav_9me

Slightly confused as to why United waited until the end of the window to get this done. They could've had Casemiro signed and ready to start against Brighton but are running around late on in the window trying to get a deal done.

Cracking player though. Definitely the type of player United have been missing.
You are the only one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not getting excited about any transfer until I see some fecker signing a bit of paper or a picture of them in the shirt.

The de Jong drama has exhausted my muppetry.

And I'll never have that recipe agaaaaain!
Hopefully this is the exact opposite of the De Jong situation.

Barely a word about it, then progresses quickly and done within half a week.

Obviously we'll believe it when we see it, and then wonder what level of panic buy it may be, and how he actually plays!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I've read he's getting £375k if he comes?

That's a great fecking deal so hopefully he backs himself to make an impact.

croadyman

Not pointless, but it would be silly to not add another quality midfielder who is skilled at progressives passes to play next to him.
Yeah totally agree, for weeks it looked like we were going to sign a tempo controller but still lack that mobile defensive destroyer, now it could well end up being the other way around.

Personally I wouldn't be against trying either Donny/Eriksen alongside until Jan, if it didn't work then get CM then. Ideally we could really do with one now though.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Will he make it here in time for the showdown with pool?
Although perhaps not immediately throwing him down the guantlet might be the wiser idea.

Alemar

Our midfield is terrible, so he'll need support.

He's not playing with Modic and Kroos anymore.
If we get de Jong, then he will be playing with de Jong and Bruno/Eriksen. It will already be an acceptable quality

Kag

Struggle to see how anybody could be negative about the prospect of this. He’s genuinely really good, and I couldn’t give a monkeys about his age.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We still need a alternative to de Jong but Casemiro would be a step in the right direction for the here and now. Because if the aim is to play in the opponents half, it's absolutely imperative to have players in your team who will help you control the game both in possession and without possession. If the team is weak at any of the two disciplines, then you have a problem and won't be able to exert zonal and positional control.

We still need a conductor/connector to enhance the transition on the ball occupying a deeper midfield role. And this player will also drop even deeper as a extra CB in the build up play. Casemiro could also be utilised to do this but it will require the 3rd midfielder to drop into the space vacated by the midfielder who will drop in as the extra CB. Eriksen has the intelligence to do that as the 3rd midfielder , and that will change our shape in the deeper build up phase.

I also agree with BosnianRed about ten Hag coming to the realisation that the midfield at his disposal isn’t good enough. And I do think having Casemiro in our midfield is badly needed because the midfield has been neglected for far too long.

But it's just as important to bring in a midfielder who will take on the creative burden in the build up phase and will exhibit the craft and guile that is badly missing right now in a deeper role. I think it's important this player is also quick on the turn and isn't easily bypassed against the opposition transition.

Last edited:

FiiiiveTenHaaags

Of the bigger midfielders we’ve been linked with id take Casemiro over FDJ in a heart beat.

Casemiro > SMS > FDJ in my opinion

He’d partner so well with Fred. If you’d told me as a kid ManUtd would have the Brazil starting midfield I would have been absolutely overjoyed.

Trying not to get excited though as knowing us we will feck it up somehow.

paulscholes18

Screams mercenary, just like Varane, Sanchez, Di Maria, Pogba, Cavani. I believe it will bomb then the new manager (hopefully Ten Hag will be here for years) will be stuck with an aging player who he can't shift due to his high wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.