Casemiro | United Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

WirralRed

Got to say, although the money and reported wages seem high, what a signing this is! Remember watching the Champions league final with some of my mates who support Liverpool and they where all moaning how good he was and how he anoyingly stoped all their attacks, never thought for a second we’d have a chance at him.

Highfather_24

I would rather Eriksen play deeper than Fred or McT. He is more than capable of playing that role. I don’t want Fred or McT starting in league games unless there is an injury.
I'm just tired of buying good players and then playing them off position. We did the same shit with Pogba, getting an attacking midfielder and then playing him as deep lying playmaker.

largelyworried

This transfer is typical of United under the Glazers. It feels like we never learn. Yes, we may be filling a need for a DM but buying a 30year old midfielder on huge wages and transfer fee when he is likely to start losing his athleticism in 2 years is not the answer. Plus he is likely to be less motivated at UTD as he has fulfilled a lot in his career already. When most top clubs aside from Barcelona are targeting younger players, we're still chasing older players still leaving us having to go into the market for a long term solution in 3 years time. This transfer actually disgusts me as it is symptomatic of the Glazers trying to chase 'glamour' players when they're under pressure. We should be looking at players like Kouadio Kone and Moses Caciedo for the defensive midfielder role, young players who are on the cusp of breaking out and will come cheaper on wages too. I don't know who to blame more, the Glazers or Murtough
Bringing young players into your team is only good if you can give them 1 to 2 seasons to settle in, ideally by mixing them in with an already effective unit. That's not an option for us, we need someone who can perform immediately.

I agree that having to pony up for 30 years olds on big contracts is not what we want in an ideal world. Equally, that doesn't change where we are now. What we need is short term solutions - even ones that break the bank - in order to give ourselves time to put long term solutions in place.

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Sorry, but the “he’s too old” argument is fecking shit.
Casemiro can easily perform on top level until he’s at least 35.
A footballers lifespan doesn’t start at 19 and end at 27 for fecks sake.

Modric, Kroos, Busquets… Carrick, Scholes?!

There are even players who actually become good in later years (Vardy?).

Some of you need a reality check.
We NEED good and experienced player.
Casemiro will make immediate impact.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I'm just tired of buying good players and then playing them off position. We did the same shit with Pogba, getting an attacking midfielder and then playing him as deep lying playmaker.
We tried Pogba in every position possible. It was always, what position can we play him to get the best out of him. No one knew, not even the likes of caragher and neville. He's shite simply put

croadyman

You are telling me this is really happening? We are really signing a CDM? And not only that but probably the best one in the world right now? Holy fecking shit.
Never saw this happening in a million years, best we can hope for is he's at the game at Monday.

Highfather_24

Thats the brazil starting combo isn't it? But who do we need around them is the other question.
Yes, and it all depends on the tactics. ETH generally wants his midfielders to be very good on the ball and be able to link the defense to attack. He has not really used a workhorse midfield, like someone like Klopp or say Ralf Rangnick wants. FdJ would be perfect, but alas. I'd take Neves at this point, anyone but Fred/McT.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Why midday?.you think that'll be enough time for a visa to be sorted?
PL rules state you have to register new players by midday on a working day before the game. I guess it’s because the lazy cnuts don’t want to work on weekends. Why can't they make an exemption for us? Don't they know who we are?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
PL rules state you have to register new players by midday on a working day before the game. I guess it’s because the lazy cnuts don’t want to work on weekends. Why can't they make an exemption for us? Don't they know who we are?
That would be Monday. Surely it's before the round of matches starts

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I would rather have Fred in front of Casemiro, most likely on the left with Eriksen on the right.
Going back to the point - I see a lot of posts like yours on the Caf and I do not understand how playing Eriksen deeper is better than having him higher up the pitch. I would rather have him in Bruno role than in midfield so it's very weird so many people suggest putting him in deep midfield, Casemiro or no Casemiro.
We don’t have the balls to drop Bruno so assuming he plays I d rather Bruno and Eriksen play ahead of Casemiro in a 3 man midfield.

Farmershawn

agreed that it seems like we keep repeating the same mistakes by overpaying for big names on the decline or nearing it. However, at least its not like a unnecessary or overstocked position but an absolutely important gap in our squad. very crucial we don't get relegated or something like that while rebuilding.

i remember following that Vidal thread, refreshing every 5 mins....

Laurencio

I like this deal. We keep him until 34, then evaluate if he's still good enough to do a job, and if he is extended by a year. Makelele was still a solid player for Chelsea at that age.

Highfather_24

We tried Pogba in every position possible. It was always, what position can we play him to get the best out of him. No one knew, not even the likes of caragher and neville. He's shite simply put
Yeah, Pogba might be inconsistent, but that doesnt change the fact that he was played out of position a lot. His defensive game was his weakness, as he took too much time on the ball in deeper positions and lost it. Yet we continued playing him there. Everybody knew that he was not a DLP, and that he was at his best in a 3 man midfield where he was the furthest forward/creative role. Similar to Eriksen.

My main point is that why not just keep playing players in their natural positions, rather than shoe-horning them in and then wondering "well what went wrong?".

Zlatans Knee

If this goes through, presumably that means that we won’t get FDJ. And whilst I would much rather that we sign him as well I am somewhat consoled by the fact that Barca may well be butt f***ed in the process getting stuck with a player they can’t afford and that they have managed to seriously upset.

Ekeke

Well I wanted more of a DM to come in. And Casemiro seems available and willing to come, sure why not. 6 goals and 4 assists last season whilst being the most defensive minded of Madrid's midfielders

Status
Not open for further replies.