Casey Stoney linked with Wrexham Job - Receives Abuse

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
But she has a foofoo instead of a peepee so I don’t understand how she can understand football

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Wrexham is the one owned by Ryan Reynolds and Mac (from Its always Sunny) right?

For a second I was wondering why a MotoGP rider might want to manage Wrexham

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Would you have her at United?
Would you take any manager that’s linked to a club the level of Wrexham?

Nothing to do with gender.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Your life has to be very miserable for you to go on the internet to start abusing someone.

Statue of Limitations

Also in a HUGE DOSE OF IRONY, Casey Stoney has just stepped down from Man United's Women's Team. Were you even aware of this?
I had no idea who was managing the Man Utd Women's team. Nor could I name a single player on that team, I don't folow it at all.

As for the abuse she is getting, it's time for people to grow up, if she is good enough, that's all that matters.

Oranges038

A lot of these people have feck all better to do than mindlessly stare at their phone all day. It's too easy for them to do this kind of thing without really thinking about it, it only takes a few seconds. They will tweet crap and would shout from stands, but wouldn't say it face to face.

Remove their digits, that'll sort them out.

SER19

Would you take any manager that’s linked to a club the level of Wrexham?

Nothing to do with gender.
No, she hasn't got the CV (yet)
You utter cretin.
No, but why is this relevant in this thread?
So get your head out your a**
Also in a HUGE DOSE OF IRONY, Casey Stoney has just stepped down from Man United's Women's Team. Were you even aware of this?
:lol:

Absolute instant meltdown. Thanks to the poster who answered. I made absolutely no comment on her gender, capability and yes knew she was Uniteds manager. One of the biggest obstructions to normalising women in football, aside from sexism, is the hypersensitive defensiveness.

For what it's worth, she's managed 77 games of a newly formed female team and there are probably many reasons wrexham fans don't want her to manage the team that have nothing to do with gender. No excuses made for online trolls, but by asking if you'd have her at United was a tongue in cheek way of highlighting why you wouldn't. She's massively inexperienced.

Regarding online abuse of all kinds, anonymous pages should have been blocked years ago. Its unfathomable that they still exist unpoliced

Acquire Me

How in the hell can people abuse her for something like this in 2021. Disgraceful.

SuperiorXI

I had no idea who was managing the Man Utd Women's team. Nor could I name a single player on that team, I don't folow it at all.

As for the abuse she is getting, it's time for people to grow up, if she is good enough, that's all that matters.
From what I've heard she was doing well in her position, she stepped down due to lack of support from the club i.e. the training facilities apparently piss poor!

SER19

A lot of these people have feck all better to do than mindlessly stare at their phone all day. It's too easy for them to do this kind of thing without really thinking about it, it only takes a few seconds. They will tweet crap and would shout from stands, but wouldn't say it face to face.

Remove their digits, that'll sort them out.
Removing anonymous accounts is essential. I can't believe it hasn't happened yet. Then for the trolls who say this stuff on personal pages, they have to just live by the consequences of such minority opinions

TheReligion

Abusive
I think it's fair to question the appointment based on the fact the women's game is totally different to the men's.

Obviously she shouldn't be attacked purely due to get gender though. That's ridiculous and stoneage.

decorativeed

I think it's fair to question the appointment based on the fact the women's game is totally different to the men's.

Obviously she shouldn't be attacked purely due to get gender though. That's ridiculous and stoneage.
Yeah, what with those snooker balls they have to kick into those basketball nets and all. Almost like another world out there.

SuperiorXI

Wrexham are also in the National League (the one below League Two), there will undoubtedly be experience she can carry through from her experience in the WSL which is the top-level in the English women's game.

Oranges038

Removing anonymous accounts is essential. I can't believe it hasn't happened yet. Then for the trolls who say this stuff on personal pages, they have to just live by the consequences of such minority opinions
Aye, I don't use any social media unless you include this and whatsapp, no interest in any of them. But, they do need to do something to stop this kind of crap on it.

So, remove anonymous accounts or digits.

Whatever's easier.

decorativeed

:lol:

Absolute instant meltdown. Thanks to the poster who answered. I made absolutely no comment on her gender, capability and yes knew she was Uniteds manager. One of the biggest obstructions to normalising women in football, aside from sexism, is the hypersensitive defensiveness.

For what it's worth, she's managed 77 games of a newly formed female team and there are probably many reasons wrexham fans don't want her to manage the team that have nothing to do with gender. No excuses made for online trolls, but by asking if you'd have her at United was a tongue in cheek way of highlighting why you wouldn't. She's massively inexperienced.

Regarding online abuse of all kinds, anonymous pages should have been blocked years ago. Its unfathomable that they still exist unpoliced
She's been in football for over 27 years. She's managed 77 more matches than Gary Neville had managed when he became Valencia manager. How many games had Zidane managed when he took over at Real?

Anyone who listens to Stoney speak and sees what she inspires in people will appreciate that she has the character to succeed as a manager. Wrexham would certainly be lucky to have her.

SuperiorXI

She's been in football for over 27 years. She's managed 77 more matches than Gary Neville had managed when he became Valencia manager. How many games had Zidane managed when he took over at Real?

Anyone who listens to Stoney speak and sees what she inspires in people will appreciate that she has the character to succeed as a manager. Wrexham would certainly be lucky to have her.
Also, just had a quick butchers at the last manager Wrexham had, not exactly a tough act to follow!

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Arguably, Wrexham may be a step down for her, considering they're non-league.

TheReligion

Abusive
I was taking the piss, because womens football is the exact same game as men's football. Same rules, same pitches, same equipment.
It's not though. Obviously the same sport by name but thats where the similarities end.

Think about it; tactically it's totally different for starters then off the pitch again another world completely.

decorativeed

Also, just had a quick butchers at the last manager Wrexham had, not exactly a tough act to follow!
Exactly. Someone who previously left 3/4 of the way through the season, brought in to replace someone else who'd been a failure, before taking them to their lowest league position ever. Hardly an illustrious predecessor.

TheReligion

Abusive
It is interesting that nobody blinks an eye when men manage a female sports team but a woman in charge of a man’s team seems a bit strange. Goes to show how far off we still are from genuine equality.
I think a number of questions were asked over the Phil Neville appointment from within the women's game IIRC. He was under alot of pressure and criticism due to his inexperience within the women's game.

That said those voices are much quieter and get less air time so it's likely they were diluted.

TheReligion

Abusive
Explain how?
This explains a general number of views on a range of differences between the two;

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/news/differences-between-men-and-women-football-1458638

This goes into more technical detail;

https://www.researchgate.net/public...difference_between_men's_and_women's_football

There's also a good article on The Athletic but it's behind a pay wall.

Essentially coaching and tactics are quite different so I think it's fair to say that being a great female/male coach wouldn't automatically translate to the other or demand the same level of respect.

SER19

If she gets a chance then great. Wish her every success as a trail blazer in England.

I seem to disagree with some people regarding experience. Football is a hyper competitive world of supreme athletes and ego and all that goes with it. Serial champions lesgue, title and world Cup winners are going to carry gravitas and weight in the men's game that women won't. Right or wrong, even guys like Mourinho and Sacchi had friction with players who undermined them based on their lack of playing experience at the highest level. They proved players wrong of course and good luck to any woman doing the same. But we're talking about the absolute microcosm of elite players and if David moyes was judged too small time for United despite his experience and managerial awards, you can see how this mentality translates down the leagues.

Even coaching a Sunday league side without playing at a decent Sunday level is very tough in a changing room I've seen that myself. Sexism is not always the reason for doubts and seemingly unfair critiques

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think a number of questions were asked over the Phil Neville appointment from within the women's game IIRC. He was under alot of pressure and criticism due to his inexperience within the women's game.

That said those voices are much quieter and get less air time so it's likely they were diluted.
I don’t really follow women’s football, so didn’t realise that caused much drama. Was it because he was a bloke? Or because he had so little experience as a manager? The latter would seem like an entirely reasonable criticism.

In terms of woman’s team sports I’m more familiar with hockey and that has a good mix of male and female managers. With no fuss made about the gender of the person in charge. Although, again, there’s very few (can’t think of any?) female managers in charge of elite men’s teams.