Castles: Inside story on Man Utd battle between Mourinho and Woodward

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Aye, in the beginning of his term he ran his mouth trying to look good and win over fans. It was moronic. Woodward has not always been great, but I really think he's tried to learn from his mistakes. Hence the relative silence this summer.

That being said, I'm not really trying to defend Woodward or his performance here - I came into this thread to try and get people to see that there is always more than one side to every story.
No, even his briefing this summer was moronic.

Everybody in our club needs to shut their trap to the media and just do their damn job.

Kearnkoff69

No, even his briefing this summer was moronic.

Everybody in our club needs to shut their trap to the media and just do their damn job.
Now that I definitely agree with. Under Fergie/Gill we ran a tight ship and generally were left thirsting for info about our club's dealings. The post-Fergie years have been defined by an opening of the media floodgates - for the worse, in my opinion.

Mourinho: needs to stop whinging and start getting the best out of his group of players.

Pogba: needs to stop making cryptic comments that fuel the fire in the press.

Woodward: needs to stop trying to look good for the fans and just do his job of signing players and business partnerships.

Again, we've gotten so far away from my original comment in this thread, which was that people have become so tribalistic that they jump to scapegoat one particular person (or group of people) in our club in a way that ignores the collective responsibility of running a competent and successful football club. There's multiple sides to every story, and nobody is innocent when things go south.

Discussion about United has largely gone the way of political discourse in America: there are extremely tribalistic factions on the Caf that are so deeply entrenched in their ideologies/viewpoints that there's no longer any legitimate discussion - the two sides just end up talking past each other and spouting vitriol about the other side. I wish people would step back and take a broader, more reasoned view of our club - on all matters.