Castles: Mourinho believes Man Utd squad's broken. Will take at least two transfer windows to repair

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
He needs 26 years to mount a title bid?
No. He was saying the best manager in premier league history was given a very long time so he should have the same. Read the articles. It's in the Independent also.
Forgive me if I'm revising history but wasn't he saying at the start of the season Utd should be wining it this season. He definitely seems to be revising his position. The task is perhaps bigger than he thought. This is most unlike Jose. In previous years he was so confident he called it like it was. Now he doesn't. In the second time at Chelsea he said he needed a season to get it right and he did. He even used to name the oppositions team before the game. Now he can't even name his own. (That's an exaggeration possibly)
He is back pedalling like Bradley Wiggins on backwards pills.

SirScholes

You are both right and wrong.

Managers are responsible for the mental
Now that i can agree with mostly. I might have mistaken the point you were trying to make. I agree that we played some good football, especially last game against Arsenal.
To be honest, i was never happy about Mourinho's appointment, because i think he is not the right manager for the club - however he is way better then Van Gaal, that's out of question i think. I think Mourinho has made quite some errors that cost us points, but we are definitely worse off by bad luck and some stupid mistakes, then we should be the way we are playing. I think if we keep playing like against Arsenal, we should be fine for Top 4.
But i think it's bollocks to overhaul the complete squad - we have very good players in various positions, and there is no confirmation that other players we'd buy would work better. It's easy to demand players who are in form currently, and playing at a working team. But it doesn't tell too much about their mentality, or how they would play at our team.
i may of failed to explain myself properly it's cool, I agree the squad just needs a tweak here and there.
I'd rather some players who are first 11 currently would be better off being squad players
Work in progress tho

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Klopp inherited a worse team. If klopp or Conte were managing us now - we would be top 4.
You can't say anything like that with certainty.
You don't define how long they'd have needed to turn things round.

Klopp spent the best part of last season with Liverpool and had them finish 8th, so I doubt he'd have had us top 4 a mere 4months in.
Although Conte has taken Chelsea top in 4months, it shouldn't be forgotten that it pretty much is the same squad that smashed the league just 2 years ago, and performed amazingly badly last year.
Context is everything.

FrenchRed

You can't say anything like that with certainty.
You don't define how long they'd have needed to turn things round.

Klopp spent the best part of last season with Liverpool and had them finish 8th, so I doubt he'd have had us top 4 a mere 4months in.
Although Conte has taken Chelsea top in 4months, it shouldn't be forgotten that it pretty much is the same squad that smashed the league just 2 years ago, and performed amazingly badly last year.
Context is everything.
The more I see Chelsea this season, the weirder last season becomes. They had a title winning team, made a few additions, and underperformed THAT badly. Then this season they are back on title form like last year never happened... very strange indeed.

MartialsBeard

The more I see Chelsea this season, the weirder last season becomes. They had a title winning team, made a few additions, and underperformed THAT badly. Then this season they are back on title form like last year never happened... very strange indeed.
Its been covered several times im the media addressed by Jose and his ex players.

The general consensuss is that the players were given the responsiblility of keepimg themselves fit and diciplined in an effort to keep the standards up and also allow the players to feel lile they were more free to do what they want and have a comfortable work/ life balance as Jose is very much a family man.

It was Joses fault to come up with that plan but also the players faults for basically not witholding the same standards as before.

I very much doubt he will do it ever again in such a liberal way and I can almost guarantee Conte would not allow it.