Cavani sticking up for Greenwood

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Almost as hilarious as him getting out of a blatant yellow card in the first half by telling the ref “Look! He’s cool. We’re cool. You can see there’s no hard feelings. So you obviously shouldn’t book me” With which the ref, amazingly, agreed.
Yeah, that one too. :lol:

Acole9

Outstanding
If he stays imagine the reception he'll get next season from OT crowd?
It'll be an absolute travesty if he never gets to play at Old Trafford with fans in the stadium.

Odin

Well done Edi! A shame nobody on our team checked on Cavani when he was smothered at OT in the first leg versus Roma. He was lying painfully hurt behind their goal line. Maybe they need to remain levelheaded, but sticking up for your teammates is a trait I want to see from all our players.

Foxbatt

Fred normally does go in like that too. You don't mess around someone like Cavani.

Zoo

Yeah that was great. Also loved how he applauded Wan Bissaka playing the first time ball. He drives the standards.

HarryRedCrumbs

Cavani has a presence on the field that we've been needing for a long time. Good on him, hope he stays...

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He definitely got passion to stay on top level for a bit. Much needed vibes for the team.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I did like how Cavani quickly got involved to back up Greenwood. Clearly likes the kid and wasn't gonna let him get had by the Roma players. Reminder of the good old days when a United player never went into a ruck alone.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What I don't get is how the ref was calming things down and the moment two gang up on Cavani he steps out of the picture.

paintycanned

Supports
portadown fc
Cavani reminds me of the old United.
Ability attitude and charisma.

Josh 76

This got me thinking. Who actually are the ‘hard men’ at Utd now?
Maguire ?
Mctomminy ?
Bailey ?
Struggling to be honest

that 94 team comes to mind when things like this happen
‘You want to play ? Let’s play
You want to fight ? Let’s fight ‘
great times

Stig

It was absolutely unnecessary and foolish. Nothing to be gained from it; but risks a red if he just touches somebody a bit too high and them misses the final.

Very silly.

Lj82

He is a real leader. Really hope he decides to stay.

Strangely such incidents always reminds me of young ronaldo. The was an incident when he first joined us when Ruud was hounded by arsenal players, and young ronaldo very quickly got in to help Ruud. Giggsy went in to help as well. The rest of the team was just walking away

KrasHammerhand

I always disliked him at PSG, however he is really growing on me. Was never a matter of his skill he just got on my nerves.
Now he is one of ours, that same passion is great.

Red_toad

Where was Greenwood when Cavani was defending his honour :lol:
Probably trying to avoid getting booked. It’s hardly likely to end up with a full blow fight breaking out, walking away was the sensible option, had he touched any of the Roma players they’d have hit the deck like a sack of shite, just like they did all game, any hand near their faces and down they went.

OverratedOpinion

The commentator said "Cavani did not need to get involved" and I openly said "He saw his 19 year old teammate being ganged up on by 2 blokes. He absolutely did need to get involved."

That yellow card probably brought him a hell of a lot of respect in Greenwoods eyes.

dave1956

Older Utd., players have always defended the younger players when they were being targeted by older players. However, there was one exception as I remember many years ago. A young David Pegg was getting kicked from pillar to post by a certain defender, until a young Duncan Edwards changed placed with him, the defender tried the same with Duncan, it was like running into a brick wall, the defender crumpled on the gound whilst the young Duncan strode forward with the ball. After that the defender was as we say now never in the game.

Vanrouge

You always back your teammates, especially a young player. Well in, Edinson. He barely puts a foot wrong, this warrior of a player.

Mindhunter

It was absolutely unnecessary and foolish. Nothing to be gained from it; but risks a red if he just touches somebody a bit too high and them misses the final.

Very silly.
You should go and watch paint dry. Completely safe activity.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Love him. That smile at the end there :lol:

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Glade to see that. We need players like that to step up when needed. McTominay is usually the one that jumps in but good to see Cavani with that fire. Ole needs to find a way to convince him to stay for at least another year. We'd take a big hit if he were to go.
Its like you almost saying thats going to be Ole's first real test.

MrBest

And he got banned for racism .... i love Cavani, great player, great person. I wish he had cime here 10 years ago.