Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

fezzerUTD

If this is what they meant by 'stay calm' to the fans they can honestly get fecked. Woodward is going to need the army to protect him.

Can't believe I'm even saying this but I hope someone absolutely lamps the twat.
You only just hoping this?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You only just hoping this?
Yeah because even though I have hated the man for years I'm not really a violent person. But honestly he can have no excuses if some disgruntled red floors him one day soon.

It's almost like he's been employed by City or Liverpool to destroy us from within. How can he get so much wrong so often?

Cavani is final straw for me. What are we? A Chinese team?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
As much has we need some attacking reinforcements, I don't see much chance of Cavani being a positive signing for us.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So in a game of CM, would what we do be considered hard level or easy?

I cannot grasp how a multi-billion pound organisation can have a [key] department that is this incompetent.

Even the planned brinkmanship is working against the club as all sides we're dealing with know we're desperate, rather than posturing from a position of power.

We're more likely to yield and do some really stupid things than get cut-price deals. How have they managed this?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Yeah because even though I have hated the man for years I'm not really a violent person. But honestly he can have no excuses if some disgruntled red floors him one day soon.

It's almost like he's been employed by City or Liverpool to destroy us from within. How can he get so much wrong so often?

ighalo ok. Cavani and ighalo both final day of the window signings? pukefest

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Honestly, what the f-k happened to our supposed long term plan and list of options.

All the briefing was we had this long list and we would move to plan B, C, D if plan A failed. Instead we've ended up just having agents push players on us.

fezzerUTD

Totally agree. Cannot stand the man or (t)his team. It's so unrelatable, its like go feck Man Utd up and don't hold back. Welcome Ed Woodward.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I’ve been banging the drum of optimism on this one and still think that a one year deal on 150k ish a week is a good deal and worth a punt.

But if the apparent ‘huge’ agent fee and long term contract is true, then we should stay away, get through the season with have and get Haaland next year

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
A club competing in 4 competitions maybe.

As far as I'm concerned I'd be happy for us to get him if the club can agree a deal they are happy with. If not then whatever.
We aren’t seriously competing for any of them let alone 4. Liverpool did find with Firmino and Origi we’ll be ok with Marital and Ighalo and then in Jan we can look at a better back up.

I just don’t see the point as in one season we could well be in the same position of having to replace him.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
We aren’t seriously competing for any of them let alone 4. Liverpool did find with Firmino and Origi we’ll be ok with Marital and Ighalo and then in Jan we can look at a better back up.

I just don’t see the point as in one season we could well be in the same position of having to replace him.
That’s your opinion, what we do have is lots of games. That’s the point.

Liverpool have been very lucky with injuries. We haven’t in recent times.

Josep Dowling

Disaster signing waiting to happen but when you don’t get your business done early this is the type of crap that happens. 12 months deal and that should be it, otherwise walk away.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
That’s your opinion, what we do have is lots of games. That’s the point.

Liverpool have been very lucky with injuries. We haven’t in recent times.
I agree we have lots of games. Do we need Cavani to play then? I don’t think so. I’d sooner get Sancho in and allow Greenwood the odd cup game as a striker with Ighalo until January.

I don’t think he offers a significant upgrade for the wages and message it sends out. We are supposed to be building a title winning squad Cavani will not get us closer to that coming off an injury at 34 to a new league as back up to Martial.

Liverpool haven’t just been lucky with injuries a large part of their scouting has been widely acknowledged to be based around not signing injury prone players.

Berbaclass

I agree we have lots of games. Do we need Cavani to play then? I don’t think so. I’d sooner get Sancho in and allow Greenwood the odd cup game as a striker with Ighalo until January.

I don’t think he offers a significant upgrade for the wages and message it sends out. We are supposed to be building a title winning squad Cavani will not get us closer to that coming off an injury at 34 to a new league as back up to Martial.

Liverpool haven’t just been lucky with injuries a large part of their scouting has been widely acknowledged to be based around not signing injury prone players.
More likely that they’re all on PED’s you mean.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
More likely that they’re all on PED’s you mean.
Or they don’t buy 34 year olds who’ve come off injury ridden seasons? They buy young athletic and fit (physically) players that suit their style.

Would Cavani suit ours?

Becks-7-

Supports
United & Eintracht Frankfurt
If wages are in the right region and within the current structure this is should be a no brainer. Not only better than any other sub option - would put a bit pressure on the starters.

The funny thing is that it feels like every player is „Schweinsteiger / di Maria all over again“ for many people. Boateng, Müller, James Rodriguez to name only 3 examples. All are doing a decent job at their club and some did not want them when they have been linked to United.

The reality is: one injury and players are going to start that should be nowhere near Carrington IF Manchester United is still the same or at least trying to be the same club some years ago.
Cavani is not the answer to be that club (again) but he would help us to get top 4. First step to be a club like that would be to finish in that region on a regulary basis.

Paul778

Disaster signing waiting to happen but when you don’t get your business done early this is the type of crap that happens. 12 months deal and that should be it, otherwise walk away.
Every year the same old thing. Mourhino was toxic but he was let down two summers ago. Ole last summer and now this one. Screw about the whole window and then make stupid rash decisions in the last couple of days.

Cavani as a free agent, who's been touted around all summer- doesn't want to be here, just taking the money - and we're the only ones prepared to bite. This is exactly the sort of deal we were suppose to be avoiding. Do they really think people will believe in any way this is a successful - will anyone buy his shirt? We've been looking for a RW for five years or more. We've had time to line up signings for this window since March - the ink should have been on the paper day one of the window. Ole is in a hard spot - he either eats humble pie and tries to make the best of it or he walks.

It's just so painful to see something I care so deeply about being run so negligently.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Cavani shits all over Ighalo and can probably offer cover across all three front positions. Not a bad bit of business, not sure why we had to leave it so late.

Monkey bus

If we get Cavani I can see him scoring a hat full with all that service he’ll be getting from both the left and right wingers we’ve signed!?!!?

Josep Dowling

Cavani shits all over Ighalo and can probably offer cover across all three front positions. Not a bad bit of business, not sure why we had to leave it so late.
Because he doesn’t want to come to England. He’s said in previous interviews that English women are dirty and don’t use a bidet :lol:. The only reason he wants to join us is because his first choices don’t want him and we are the only club desperate and can pay his high salary demands.

Berbaclass

Because he doesn’t want to come to England. He’s said in previous interviews that English women are dirty and don’t use a bidet :lol:. The only reason he wants to join us is because his first choices don’t want him and we are the only club desperate and can pay his high salary demands.
No, he didn’t say that did he :lol:

SinNombre

Getting Jovic or Dembele on loan is fine.

Getting Cavani is not.

I have defender Woody and co to some extent this season with Covid uncertainty, but this would be foolish and undoing everything Ole has done in the past 18 months.

Only way Cavani is at all acceptable would be on a 1+1 deal with no agent fees and 150k/week.

There is a reason why Cavani has been offered to every major club in Europe and not a single one of them has bit.

RedMilo

If this is the way we are going to go, then we might as well have not sold Lukaku. Honestly we look like complete amatuers at this point. At least of you have a plan, stick to it, no way was Cavani in OGS plans.

Fooza

@ECavaniOfficial will play the next two seasons in the @ManUtd
* Agreement closed this afternoon * Cavani will travel tomorrow to Manchester from Paris to undergo the medical examination * If everything goes well, it is announced Sunday or Monday
not sure how reliable this guy is

Cathy Ferguson

Would be a good signing at this stage if he accepts 150-200k per week and if the agent is not too gready. Much better than Ighalo. We badly need some cover upfront.

Paul778

This x 100

Does anyone really think Ole actually wants this guy? He said in that interview "Sporting Performance" about finding players with the right mentality to play for the club. Someone who'd play their hearts out and leave everything on the field - I can't see that from this guy whatsoever. This signing would be worse than nothing. Did we just get rid of Sanchez just to do another idiotic thing all over again?

Status
Not open for further replies.