Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
on a reasonable wage , why not.

He and Telles combination would be :drool: :drool:

Judas

Open to offers
Cavani as a backup, eh maybe, was dead against it in January but we need some quality in reserve desperately. So desperate times call for very desperate measures.

Jovic I just don't know, it really hasn't worked out for him at Real.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Would give us an aerial threat, better than Ighalo too. I was surprised we weren't linked with him in January.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
would be reminiscent of the falcao deal. Would’ve loved this a couple of seasons ago but now I’m not so sure Ageing striker, likely way off the pace required, would be on big wages too.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'm surprised we haven't been solidly linked with him all summer. (even if we're not actually in for him it makes sense in a 1+1=3 kinda way for the press to run with it anyway)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
would be reminiscent of the falcao deal. Would’ve loved this a couple of seasons ago but now I’m not so sure Ageing striker, likely way off the pace required, would be on big wages too.
Not really, Falcao was brought in as a starter whereas Cavani will know he's going to be the rotation option. Ighalo's leaving in January anyway and has barely kicked a football since March.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Panic buy clearly. Throwing a bone to the fans. Cavani is well past it.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not like upgrading on Ighalo is a big ask for these players, so whatever.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would prefer him over Jovic. Martial could learn a thing or two from Cavani as well, very intelligent runner.

Judas

Open to offers
To be fair, the last aging striker we took on a free after they left PSG wasn't bad at all....
He wasn't, but I still think his time here has been romanticised a lot. God he was wasteful in front of goal, just ridiculously wasteful. Wouldn't have much confidence in Cavani having anywhere close to the impact either.

DevilRed

Finally some depth in the squad.

We're going to soon be playing two midweeks like spurs if we continue to advance in the league cup and fa cup etc.

romufc

So we were told that we should be Patient as the club have a plan. We should trust the club.

1 week to go they press the panic button because they have failed over the last 8 weeks. :lol: :lol:

The state of this club.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
To be fair, the last aging striker we took on a free after they left PSG wasn't bad at all....
True, although I was talking more generally about us always leaving it late before waking up. Someone should tell Ed the window actually closes in June, then he might get his arse in gear.

croadyman

on a reasonable wage , why not.

He and Telles combination would be :drool: :drool:
Yeah I agree but think me and you could be in the minority thinking that way,how good is Jovic in the air just out of interest?

Either would give us something different up front and they are only loan deals so what is the harm.

spiriticon

If we are only still at the 'looking for a striker' stage of negotiations, he'll probably join in 2022 sometime

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Give 1+1 year contract, second being club option. Also wage limited to 150K/week max. Anything else and we e-riot.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Wouldn't mind any of them. Would offer us something different up front. I think Jovic on loan with an option to buy Wouldn't be too bad either.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Would love to see Cavani play for us. He will provide very good option from bench, his movement is brilliant and works his socks off.

Edit: Just saw his injury record, well this won't end well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.