Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

K_Ash

No thanks! he is too much of mercenary right now! As subs, I would rather do Josh King and Greenwood (If Sancho)in there

AlwaysTheKop

Supports
Liverpool
He’d get you a few goals, but only for a season, and like someone said, this kind of business is what I think you guys need to distance yourself from, ageing players at high wages... Ibra was the exception because the guy is a one in a generation kind of player, and his fitness is superhuman.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He'll be a good signing and also offer us different dimension up front with his aerial duel. I'm worry with his injury record especially last season. I think he will ask about 190k p/w, that's massive wages for an injury prone player.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
34 in February. Would be an Ibraesque transfer. Not a bad thing.
And looks and moves as someone a lot younger than Ighalo (who has a bit of a testimonial style to him).

Would make perfect sense. Wouldn't come in as backup to Martial, would come in as a direct competition for Martial, or an option if we play two up front with wing backs who can handle playing football.

Yes please.

croadyman

He'll be a good signing and also offer us different dimension up front with his aerial duel. I'm worry with his injury record especially last season. I think he will ask about 190k p/w, that's massive wages for an injury prone player.
If that's the case then would expect us to switch our attentions to Jovic,what's he like in the air compared to Cavani?

RedPnutz

People love to complain don’t they? Why is this a panic buy? Just because you are hearing about it today doesn’t mean that the club haven’t been thinking or doing something about it. The club doesn’t have to report everything it does to fans. And people say there’s no plan? I see no need for the club to reveal its plans to fans nor to the media for all other clubs to know.

Plus this is clearly for squad depth. What’s the problem? Some fans are so eager to diss the club.

Rolaholic

Cavani on 1 year or 1 + 1 deal would be one of our shrewder moves recently

Always felt he had the perfect physical profile for the Premier League. Having the touch of class he brings as an attacking option for Ole could pay big dividends at crucial moments this season

Sure as hell beats having only Ighalo, Lingard, Mata and James to rely on

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Would love to see him try in the PL, no idea if he is good enough for United.

DevilRed

No thanks! he is too much of mercenary right now! As subs, I would rather do Josh King and Greenwood (If Sancho)in there
Hes fecking been at PSG for 7 years.

The ultimate professional for me. Would be a good influence in the dressing room and an example to our younger players.

Takes good care of himself and just gets on with the job. No fuss. No drama.

Castia

:lol:

Feck this transfer window and feck the board who are an absolute joke.

The guys been on a free all summer why go for him now?? no plan what so ever.

Gasolin

If he doesn't ask for a huge pay, we could use him a la Teddy Sheringham. Though I think Teddy was younger when he joined... wish Cavani was younger too. But atheletes today are better prepared, so maybe?

James Ward

Played 14 times last season, injured half the season.

Have we learned nothing from Bastian and Sanchez.

No doubt Woodward the clueless clown will offer him 350K a week and a three year contract.

djdhrubs

Woody trying to save money on his wages. :drool:

romufc

Welcome to the misery of Manutd transfers.

What a shit show eyy

Castia

34 in February. Would be an Ibraesque transfer. Not a bad thing.

Except he plays nothing like Ole wants to suit his system and would probably demand 250k a week to sit on the bench, not to mention he's completely injury ridden and 34 years old.

Chief123

He’s a free transfer. A sensible choice would be a one year contract. But we would probably give him a 6 year contract.

Stretender

Josh King for Cavani. Deary me.!!!

A world class striker vs a relegated striker who could not score more than 6 goals in the premier league last season.

Jesus wept.

Cloud7

On what planet is Josh fecking King a better option off the bench than Cavani

Castia

Finally start to clear the deadwood...possibly Andreas and Smalling added to the list this week.....

I know lets re-fill the squad with gash! :drool: imagine a week of Cavani, King and Brooks! what a window.

Gasolin

We should give him an Owen like contract. You play, you get paid. If not, close to 0. Show us you still have it, otherwise good luck.

hobbers

Smelling a bit desperate. Signing him in the last throws of the transfer window just reeks of shit planning, shit management, cluelessness.

It's pathetic really. And I still like Cavani as a player. But if we wanted him on a free it should have been done months ago.

Enfant terrible

This is gold :lol:
On a serious note, he was one of my favourite strikers of the past decade, and I hope he finds a club soon. Think he still has a few worldies in him.

K_Ash

On what planet is Josh fecking King a better option off the bench than Cavani
it is not always about the talent, it is the fit as well! I would not want Messi on this team either.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
When it comes to Cavani, the only genuine question is whether to post in this thread or 'Players you've never seen play well'.

Decisions, decisions.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What makes him too much of a mercenary?

Status
Not open for further replies.