Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If that's the case then would expect us to switch our attentions to Jovic,what's he like in the air compared to Cavani?
Jovic actually 170k p/w currently with Real. :lol: Only around 20k-25k p/w difference with Cavani's wages in PSG. He had some controversy last season, broke down the lockdown rule that upset the whole Serbian apparently which didn't get selected in Serbian National team anymore. Not much injuries, only started to pick some injuries after lockdown.

This is tough decision though. Both have massive wages, if we can convince Cavani to lower his demand and tell him that he's not going to be guarantee starter and most likely rotation role but will get good amount of games in CL, he can be much better option since he's a better striker than Jovic. Obviously being injury prone is the big problem.

croadyman

Jovic actually 170k p/w currently with Real. :lol: Only around 20k-25k p/w difference with Cavani's wages in PSG. He had some controversy last season, broke down the lockdown rule that upset the whole Serbian apparently which didn't get selected in Serbian National team anymore. Not much injuries, only started to pick some injuries after lockdown.

This is tough decision though. Both have massive wages, if we can convince Cavani to lower his demand and tell him that he's not going to be guarantee starter and most likely rotation role but will get good amount of games in CL, he can be much better option since he's a better striker than Jovic. Obviously being injury prone is the big problem.
Hmmm didn't realise the wages were so close between the two of them,yeah I would say that Cavani is the better striker out of the two as well

Castia

This has got my blood boiling. If anything it just highlights how clueless we are and is the best explanation of why there's been just one new signing so far.

Rolaholic

What makes him too much of a mercenary?
I wonder the same thing for a player who's played for just 2 clubs over the last decade especially when the same mercenary accusations where never levied against Zlatan when he joined us :lol:

DM07

We will offer him a two year contract at 200k/week. He will flop so bad we will look to sell him next year but since no one would be willing to buy him we will loan him out to some club while paying 75% of his wages. :nervous:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I wonder the same thing for a player who's played for just 2 clubs over the last decade especially when the same mercenary accusations where never levied against Zlatan when he joined us :lol:
There has to be a lot of mercenaries in Football if Cavani qualifies and is too much of it too. :lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If this is true (and it may just be Cavani's agent feeding Di Marzio to drum up interest) it strikes me as United realising Sancho isn't coming and seeking a big name to placate the fans.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Cavani does not get into your team IMO. Striker is one area Utd do not need anyone

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If this is true (and it may just be Cavani's agent feeding Di Marzio to drum up interest) it strikes me as United realising Sancho isn't coming and seeking a big name to placate the fans.
im not sure if AS in Spain reported something re. Jovic and chucked Utd in, and added Cavani into the story, then di marzio tweeted it

Well, yeah :lol:

But you know he likes the 3 fast paced attackers and Cavani isn't someone we can just leave on the bench he's gonna want a ridiculous wage and expects to play.
:lol:

I think Cavani has some juice left in the tank still, i think he would be good squad option that would get a lot of games similar to VDB. If we can get him on a 1 +1 year deal it would be good business.

izec

He was very injury prone the last 2 years. I don't see the point. Wouldn't mind him here for a season or two if he could stay fit. But he has played quite a lot of games for Napoli, PSG and Uruguay, it has taken a toll on him. The type of striker he is, it is quite an important aspect, since he runs around a lot

Marcus

Hmmm. Someone to teach Greenwood how to head the ball instead of Ole having to waste time giving individual coaching. Why not? I can see good things coming from this. He would be our Sheringham, Larrson, Ibra.

croadyman

Hmmm. Someone to teach Greenwood how to head the ball instead of Ole having to waste time giving individual coaching. Why not? I can see good things coming from this. He would be our Sheringham, Larrson, Ibra.
Yeah my thoughts too

He could also teach Martial a thing or two about movement! I love marital but can you imagine if he had Cavani's movement?

Micky Targaryen

I, for one, would absolutely love Cavani in our team as a short term signing. Would instantly be the fittest player in the squad.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Martial - Cavani
Telles - matic - Bruno - sancho
Shaw - wheelie bin - maguire - AWB

back to 442 again yes please

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This is scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel. Would be a bigger fiasco than the pianist.

Rolaholic

Cavani does not get into your team IMO. Striker is one area Utd do not need anyone
That wouldn't be his role though, he'd be brought in to shore up the bench options rather than to be a starter at this stage of his career like he did in Paris his last year when Icardi and Mbappe were the main no.9's.

You guys have Giroud doing quite well in the same role, we have Ighalo :lol:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Going by the vid I posted a page back, its seems Cavani tends to make the hard look easy and the easy look hard.

Andersons Dietician

To be honest we could do a lot worse depending on the fees. He’s a solid hard working forward who could be great as an option B if we need it off the bench.

RashyForPM

We do mate. We need an experienced plan B who can hold it up and finish well. Cavani, or incidentally Giroud from you lot, would be perfect. We love Ighalo around these parts for his passion but he’s essentially a fan who’s alright at football. He doesn’t cut it even as backup. In turn, Martial has no competition so has been able to get away with patches of poor form, like the way he started this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.