Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmAWinner

I'm a big fan of him. He would be our best striker tbh. If he can keep fit, this could be a masterstoke.

Nickelodeon

Fair to say that expectations on here are quite low. Can only be a good thing.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Canplay up front and front the right flank. Add him to Greenwood Rashford and Martial and you have great options. Furthermore he gives Greenwood a mentor.
Hope Mason/Anthony learns from his exceptional movement in the box.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just hope this is not ADM and Sanchez all over again. Will be interesting to see what wage he is on.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Massive upgrade on Iglaho to be fair. I know that doesn’t sound like much but when Iglaho is our only backup striker, it’s a fairly big deal.

Godfather

He's a better forward than Martial still.

The issue is we don't actually need fecking forwards, we need a winger who can cross to save his life and a fecking right back.
Ighalo will stay for three more months not more. Rashford is shit at the 9 position and Greenwood is not ready for that position yet. So I'm actually on board for that signing to a certain extent.

Norris Cole

Have we learnt nothing from Falcao? You just know this will end exactly the same way. He was notorious for squandering chances whilst at PSG - sure he scored loads but he would also get 5-6 golden chances in that farmers league and he simply won't get that here.

This would be a disgraceful decision after missing out on Sancho and going on about a 'recruitment reboot'.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Hopefully he does well. I still have hope it’s 1+1 rather than 2 years. He’ll thrive off Sancho’s crosses

Litch

Wow, I'm blown away given we dodge one bullet getting rid of Sanchez, cough up money for another striker till Jan and now bought a 33 year old for two years. We are fecked......

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Is Cavani the extra striker In place of Ighalo or the sancho replacement?

prateik

I havent followed him at PSG so no clue how much he has declined.. but I cant really be against signing Cavani.. 2 year deal.. on a free..
I mean he was being linked with Benfica and Leeds... surely he cant be demanding insane wages..

If we are paying him crazy wages, we are mugs.. but other than the money.. a short term deal for Cavani when we have a very young front 3... sure. I guess.

Irrational.

Happy to spunk £200k/ week on a washed up, over-the-hill player yet gawping at paying €1-2 million extra to secure Telles.

Yep, sounds like us.

spiriticon

I think he'll be decent enough, good for a punt on a free but it really shows up our scattergun strategy in the transfer market.

When Ed hits a brickwall with his main target, he goes straight to the Poundstore and gets 3 for the price of one.

Castia

I'm a big fan of him. He would be our best striker tbh. If he can keep fit, this could be a masterstoke.
I just dont get why he wasn’t signed weeks ago. He’s a free agent and we sign him virtually on deadline day? Piss poor prep as usual.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Are we just trying to convince ourselves he'd be our best striker to try and feel better about this situation, or is he actually better than Martial and Greenwood still? The same Martial that most on here were, not long ago, claiming to be undroppable/ top class etc.

Leonzo1

Jesus christ some of you lot are all about the moaning. Will be a good option from the bench. If spurs took him instead people would be fuming.

Dan600

Absolutely starting to smack of the last window under Jose with Fred, Dalot, Grant. Ole supposedly wanted a CB, FB, RW. We’ve signed a CM and a ST. And Cavani absolutely does not fit the profile of an Ole signing.

Ed Woodward sabotaging a Utd manager, take 4.

Cavani can be a good signing and support And tutor the 3M’s, but we still need to get the priority positions that Ole wanted.

Nick7

Another window dilly dallying and ending it with a panic buy striker.

Infestissumam

he had 4 goals in 14 Ligue 1 games last year and was injured several times. He's 33. And people seriously claim he's better than Martial?! :houllier:

this really is the darkest timeline.

FrenchRed

Ugh please no. Without service he will have real trouble regardless of age and his injury record. He has been pretty terrible the last 3 years I’ve watched him for PSG, clearly waning.

If true, this is a joke of a transfer bearing in mind what Ole is trying to build.

At this point I genuinely despair for the club. I don’t think we can go lower. Woodward has turned us into a laughing stock.

DRM

Jesus christ some of you lot are all about the moaning. Will be a good option from the bench. If spurs took him instead people would be fuming.
Exactly! We literally have zero options from the bench as ighalo is simply past it and martial has woefully out of form! A good signing

Rolaholic

Now to get in a FB who can put in a decent cross to take advantage of his aerial prowess...

Walters_19_MuFc

Free signing, experienced at the highest level and can play all positions across the front line. Yes, we'd have all ideally liked Sancho, but Cavani, as a stop gap, isnt the worst signing in the world. He'll essentially replace Ighalo, who hasn't really looked the same since the restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.