Celtic Legends vs. Manchester United Legends

Robbo

I just think Keano is one of those people who once he's moved on, that's it, he's moved on. I know plenty of people who have done that with jobs, mates, even family. That's just who they are - on to the next thing.

Keane has never made it known that he is a United fanboy who'll stay around like Ole, Neville, nor is he the cheerleader kind like Beckham. He makes his unbiased opinions and shows respect.

I don't have a problem with him not playing in the testimonial. Although it's a friendly, it's a competitive one and he hasn't played in what, 4/5 years? Whatever it is. This friendly is a proper kick around with oldies - no pressure from people in their prime, no young ones blasting past you, no press gossip, just a lovely tap around.

Albeit, I would of loved to see him take on Rooney :devil:
Dont you think he gets involved in training an' that whilst manager..surely hes kept in trim?

davisjw

Dont you think he gets involved in training an' that whilst manager..surely hes kept in trim?
Certainly, but Keano is Keano and he doesn't want to lose. He was never fast to begin with, but with the added weight of retirement and aging, he's slower. Imagine how frustrated he'd get out there in the middle of the park with Nani, Young, Rooney, Welbeck, Fabio, Rafael, etc blasting past him. He'd get furious.

I think a quieter, slower game of football with people in the same boat as him is exactly his cup of tea.

Mighty Boosh

PM'd and asked to post the following...

MANCHESTER UTD
Player/Manager: Gordon Strachan
Players: Roy Keane; Teddy Sheringham; Dwight Yorke; Dion Dublin; Brian McClair; Neil Webb; Quentin Fortune; Ole Gunnar Solskjaer; Paul Parker; Tinchy Stryder; Richard Ashcroft; Simon Webbe; Angus Deayton; Darren Campbell; Ricky Whittle; Nigel Benn; John Bailey; Patrick Kielty; Martin Offiah; Dane Bowers; Jeff Brazier; Russell Watson; Ralf Little.
Apparently he's actually quite handy and played for Leyton Orient when he was younger, meant to be good mates with Rio too

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Kick off in 30 mins. KEANO!

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
so Keano is ok to play in this game but not in Nevilles or Scholes testimonial...great player but a prick
Team v Juventus: Kuszczak, G Neville, O'Shea, Brown, P Neville, Beckham, Butt, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Owen.

Team v New York Cosmos: De Gea, Rafael, Rio, Vida, Evra, Nani, Scholes, Giggs, Young, Berbatov, Rooney.

All 20 players, excluding the two whose testimonials were occurring, are still playing professional football. Meanwhile, Roy Keane retired 5 years ago. He attended both games. Tonight's match is a legends' game featuring ex-players.

Might I politely suggest you're talking out of your arse and inventing non-existent slights to have a dig at a man who you personally dislike?

Minkaro

I'm hoping Keane forgets he's swapping sides at half-time, and makes it a 12 on 10 game.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
You do all realise that this could be Keano's last chance to actually kill someone on the pitch. I wouldn't want to play against him...

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I was sat next to these roughly 70-year-old Scottish brothers in Celtic shirts during Scholesy's testimonial. At first they seemed like decent blokes, but after a few beers they turned into a geriatric version of the Gallaghers. One kept insisting that the only player to ever donate his testimonial money to charity was Niall Quinn, the other wouldn't shut up about how embarrassed he was to have had Keano play for his club. I tried to escape the "conversation" by going for a smoke, but - boom - there they were, this time telling me about how no one would've even heard of Ryan if Rhodri hadn't fallen victim to the bottle at age 11(!). The night culminated with the pair of them taking about half an hour to climb onto a table to sing Danny Boy, simultaneously, but in different keys and tempos.

Lynk

Seeing Keane in United's new kit is so wierd.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
This will provide a welcome break from the depressing shit on the news channels for a while.

Minkaro

Campbell's obviously studied his Bebe tapes with that cross.

Lance Uppercut

Good effort from Offiah. Good save, too.

EDIT Campbell. :lol:

Lynk

Keane might not have any pace, but his passing is still great :drool: