Champions League — quarter-finals and semi-finals draw

E-mal

Much better ability on the ball. That is a good comparison though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mate I am a very busy fellow in real life but had to create time to watch Madrid to find out what the hype is all about and each time I watch him play for them, Rodrygo, Vinicius and Kroos are always the best players on the pitch but Bellingham gets on the end of balls and keeps scoring. I dont rate his ability on the ball, Foden is a better player for me but may be I like a certain kind of player

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Too defensive of a setup for my liking. Though we are more dangerous with those counters, but need to finish those chances. These are games of small margins and all it takes is another brainfart.

The second leg will be without Tchou. Hoping no one else but fearing the worst.
Still holding out hope Militao somehow will be fit to play 90 minutes :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
100%, he absolutely defends that 2nd goal with his pace. But we've been shit all around, if we get out of this with a draw or single goal defaat I'll be delighted.
So would Guardiola

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Noticed twice with Grealish that he had a chance to get a shot away but got blocked because his backlift was so high and slow and it was totally telegraphed. Never really noticed that with him before - is it a technical issue he sometimes has?
He's technique isn't good enough to be that slow a player.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Mate I am a very busy fellow in real life but had to create time to watch Madrid to find out what the hype is all about and each time I watch him play for them, Rodrygo, Vinicius and Kroos are always the best players on the pitch but Bellingham gets on the end of balls and keeps scoring. I dont rate his ability on the ball, Foden is a better player for me but may be I like a certain kind of player
But none of them have had the output that Bellingham has, he's dragged them to numerous wins this season

E-mal

Camavinga. His ability to play LB would feel like two signings in one.
Signing Camavinga for united and hoping to use him as a LB even occassionally is like buying a roll royce and using it for delivery. Madrid can afford to because they are packed in midfield. Anyway I agree with you 100%, Camavinga over Bellingham for what we need in midfield

Adz_99

The one positive with having no chance of finishing 5th is I dont have to support the other English teams in Europe anymore.

PoTMS

We need Madrid to get 2 more. Anything else won't be enough.

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Raya dove way too early there
So? Kane´s shooting penalties with an insanely high precision into the side nettings. If he wants to even sniff one of them he has to move early. He did, Kane stayed calm and slotted it away.

adexkola

Supports
Because of 45 minutes of football? Biggest knee jerk post ever!
Not because of their quality (they're all quality players) but they're too similar in that they're more finishers than creators, and England is sorely lacking on the latter

Been more sure about this with Foden and Saka... starting to see it with Jude

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Two very chaotic, error prone games with many below par perfomances...yet very ENTERTAINING to see how both will end

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Still holding out hope Militao somehow will be fit to play 90 minutes :lol:
Unlikely but if the alternative is Nacho…

I’d sub Jude for Brahim. Next foul he’ll get a yellow. Need him in that second leg game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Foden, Bellingham, Saka... England aren't winning the Euros
With Southgate, obviously not. People always hype up England based on how they look on paper and how they play for their clubs, only for Southgate to come and piss everyone off come the actual tournament. It'd be a travesty if he stays as manager beyond the euros, criminal to waste this generation on him

NoLogo

Not because of their quality (they're all quality players) but they're too similar in that they're more finishers than creators, and England is sorely lacking on the latter
I think you can get away with it if you drop one of the three you mentioned for Grealish, with him and Kane you have quite a bit of creativity up front.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Unlikely but if the alternative is Nacho…

I’d sub Jude for Brahim. Next foul he’ll get a yellow. Need him in that second leg game.
Nah, Modric for the last 20

E-mal

But none of them have had the output that Bellingham has, he's dragged them to numerous wins this season
By dragging them you mean tap ins and getting n the end of balls right?
If we had to play Madrid, if you where to choose between Vinicius and Bellingham which player would you hope is unavailable for the match?
Watching this game and he has no influence on Madrid's play.
Having said that, he might end up scoring now

Pughnichi

What the feck is Owen on about.

‘city know they can beat RM comfortably at home’ apparently

RM have enough quality to turn up at Etihad and beat them as well.

what a fool

adexkola

Supports
With Southgate, obviously not. People always hype up England based on how they look on paper and how they play for their clubs, only for Southgate to come and piss everyone off come the actual tournament. It'd be a travesty if he stays as manager beyond the euros, criminal to waste this generation on him
Yes, but not in the way you're thinking

I'm more convinced he has England set up in the right way but isn't the best at tactics and in-game management (so they probably won't win), but he realizes England doesn't have the players yet to play a proactive style of football, and he's right on that. Mainoo isn't enough

adexkola

Supports
By dragging them you mean tap ins and getting n the end of balls right?
If we had to play Madrid, if you where to choose between Vinicius and Bellingham which player would you hope is unavailable for the match?
Watching this game and he has no influence on Madrid's play.
Having said that, he might end up scoring now
Sometimes it feels like a contingent on here don't think much of goals, the actual thing that decides games

We're so crap that it wouldn't matter. City would select Vinicius to miss the next match because they have Walker missing and are allergic to pace. But matchups are important