Champions League 2020 - 2021

Suedesi

Qualifications underway with FK Tirana - Crvena Zvezda and PAOK - Besiktas later on in the day (nice by UEFA to feature Albanian-Serbian and Greek-Turkish matchups)

Looking at betting markets, Bayern are joint favorites with Man City (why?) to win it outright at 5.0, Liverpool are third favorites at 7.0, followed by PSG/Real Madrid at 9.0, Juve/Barca at 11.0, Man Utd/Chelsea 16.0, Atletico at 21, Dortmund/Inter Milan at 26 etc.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What’s the point in even being in it when you’ve got no chance of winning it? We should have been ambitious this window but we’ve stood still.

In football, if you’re not getting better, you’re defacto getting worse, because teams around you will always be getting better.

Rojofiam

If (and it's becoming a bigger if day by day) we reinforce our squad properly, I genuinely think we could make a deep run this season.

In the last 3 years, Roma, Ajax, Tottenham, Leipzig and Lyon have all reached the semi-finals.

Bayern and Liverpool are very good, but I feel like the 3 big Spanish teams' days of dominance are long gone, while Juventus, City and PSG always seem to choke in the most important moments, so the competition doesn't appear as tough to me as it did from circa 2009 to 2018. With a bit of luck going our way, I think we could go further than we have usually managed to in the last ~10 years.

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Not to have a dig against Pep, but each year I find it amusing that his teams are always amongst the top 2-3 favorites despite underachieving every single time, and it's not like they haven't had very favorable draws either. They're gonna win it with that kind of money being thrown around surely but as it stands, it should be Bayern/Liverpool and even maybe PSG ahead of them. But who knows, maybe this year is their year, Pool has been overachieving over the last two years with that squad and we're losing Thiago.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Honestly, I'd be disappointed if Messi goes anywhere but England.
I am not sure he can succeed there, not Premier League proven player but player of the Playa league...

PoTMS

Celtic would be relegated from the Premier League.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Out of interest, why the feck were Ferencvaros allowed to rock up to Celtic Park in a green away kit? :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

Just wonder is the team playing at home randomly drawn? Feels like a big advantage now with only one game.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Annoying for Molde, so close to being seeded but Cluj missed their matchball penalty in the shootout vs Zagreb.

But being unseeded might actually be a blessing in disguise. Zagreb is the toughest seeded team in the 3rd round but funnily enough you want to face them (preferably at home) because if you beat them you will be seeded for the playoffs. Before the draw there is this peculiar situation where none of the 3rd round seeded teams (bar Zagreb) can be seeded in the playoffs but all of the 3rd round unseeded teams can potentially be seeded in the playoffs.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
A few upsets tonight with Legia Warsaw and Ludogorets getting knocked out too.

Graveyard

Results of today's draw for the third qualifying round:

Champions Path
Ferencváros (HUN) vs GNK Dinamo (CRO)
Qarabağ (AZE) vs Molde (NOR)
Omonia (CYP) vs Crvena zvezda (SRB)
Midtjylland (DEN) vs Young Boys (SUI)
Maccabi Tel-Aviv (ISR) vs Dinamo Brest (BLR)

Salzburg, Olympiakos and Slavia are added to this path in the play-offs.

League Path
PAOK (GRE) vs Benfica (POR)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR) vs AZ Alkmaar (NED)
Gent (BEL) vs Rapid Wien (AUT)

Krasnodar is added to this path in the play-offs.

DarkLord

Christ, I just realized that the qualifying round has been going on for some time, the 3rd round just passed and so many big teams in these rounds have been knocked out. That shows how a one-off match, anything could happen. We're going to see a lot of new faces in the Champions League this season. Shame we couldn't win the Europa League, would have been great to be in Pot 1. I also find it funny how City and PSG are always the favourites when they always bottle it. City has only made the semi-final like once in 9 seasons and under Pep, they have never made it past the quarter-final. If UEFA didn't change the pot seeding format, they would probably still be in Pot 2 or 3. Come to think of it, they probably did that to favour City and PSG.

Matriac

Christ, I just realized that the qualifying round has been going on for some time, the 3rd round just passed and so many big teams in these rounds have been knocked out. That shows how a one-off match, anything could happen. We're going to see a lot of new faces in the Champions League this season. Shame we couldn't win the Europa League, would have been great to be in Pot 1. I also find it funny how City and PSG are always the favourites when they always bottle it. City has only made the semi-final like once in 9 seasons and under Pep, they have never made it past the quarter-final. If UEFA didn't change the pot seeding format, they would probably still be in Pot 2 or 3. Come to think of it, they probably did that to favour City and PSG.

City are in pot 2 with us.

Seedinggroup 1:

Bayern München
Juventus
Liverpool
Paris Saint-Germain
Porto
Real Madrid
Sevilla
Zenit

Seedinggroup 2:

Ajax
Atletico Madrid
Barcelona
Borussia Dortmund
Chelsea
Manchester City
Manchester United
Shakhtar Donetsk

DarkLord

Seedinggroup 1:

Bayern München
Juventus
Liverpool
Paris Saint-Germain
Porto
Real Madrid
Sevilla
Zenit

Seedinggroup 2:

Ajax
Atletico Madrid
Barcelona
Borussia Dortmund
Chelsea
Manchester City
Manchester United
Shakhtar Donetsk
I hope we get Sevilla, they owe us twice. Let's send them back to the Europa League.

Baneofthegame

What’s the point in even being in it when you’ve got no chance of winning it? We should have been ambitious this window but we’ve stood still.

In football, if you’re not getting better, you’re defacto getting worse, because teams around you will always be getting better.
Why even watch football this season?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I hope we get Sevilla, they owe us twice. Let's send them back to the Europa League.
No thanks! I’d rather avoid Spanish sides. We are truly awful against them

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Molde well and truly robbed by the ref tonight. First a clear penalty for handball denied, then a perfectly legal goal chalked off for absolutely nothing and finally a highly questionable handball penalty given to Ferencvaros in the final minutes. No consistency at all. Shame how refs find a way to ruin games even with VAR.

With 3-3 in the home leg I think they're out. I can't see how they'll win the away leg with their atrocious away form.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool

Seedinggroup 1:

Bayern München
Juventus
Liverpool
Paris Saint-Germain
Porto
Real Madrid
Sevilla
Zenit

Seedinggroup 2:

Ajax
Atletico Madrid
Barcelona
Borussia Dortmund
Chelsea
Manchester City
Manchester United
Shakhtar Donetsk
fecking hell I'd rather be in pot 2 looking at that.