Champions League 2022/23 - Matchday 3 - 4/5 October

Lecland07

James doesn't really have any weaknesses - could be the Balon'dor player of RBs if there was ever a prize for them.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Can’t believe people still want Trent over Reece.
It’s also a shut night of football. Nothing really interesting is happening
Honestly it’s really only the Liverpool loving media at this point. His own fans have called him out on his form and even his manager and somewhat had a thing to say about it.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
5 academy players on the pitch right now. Not bad.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Can’t believe people still want Trent over Reece.
It’s also a shut night of football. Nothing really interesting is happening
I think its only really people with Liverpool allegiance, or people with soft spots for them which would pick him over Reece. Any neutral picks James id have thought

wr8_utd

:'(
Subbing out Messi today is a strange decision. Been the only one of the front 3 who has turned up.

marktan

Has Reece James ever played as a wide forward or a forward? Or even a midfielder? His skillset is so complete that I think it'd be interesting to see him further forward.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid has had 36 shots today. More than one shot every three minutes.

2-1 FT.

123PlayCard

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Supports
Chelsea
Has Reece James ever played as a wide forward or a forward? Or even a midfielder? His skillset is so complete that I think it'd be interesting to see him further forward.
RJ definitely has played CM under Tuchel in some matches.

3 in the back suits him much better since he has more freedom going forward. Same for Chiwell.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I believe he has played RCB, RB, RWB, DM, CM and RM at different points in his young career.

Idxomer

PSG's midfield is still underwhelming despite all the signings last summer.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yes he's played as a RM, as an 8, and as a 6. Also as a RW in desperation for us at times.

As it happens RWB is seemingly the ideal position he can play for us to best take advantage of his attacking skillset. I'm not trying to be OTT here but if you were to pick an XI of 11 clones of the same player, I'm not sure anyone beats Reece James.

antk

PSG's midfield is still underwhelming despite all the signings last summer.
? Everything after the first goal they were dominating the midfield big time

Verratti probably MOTM tonight

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Excellent performance. Not the most exciting match but kept the shape well and killed the game when Milan were disorganized. Other than 1 big chance they never looked like scoring either. Hopefully our upward improvement in performances continues.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Leao started the game like a runaway train but soon as James started defending him aggressively in the second half, he ceased being a factor in the game.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
With just two men covering the defense and with the lack of tactical defensive help from the front trio, it is impossible for them to win the Champions League.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
He played as a striker during his first few years in the youth team (he joined when he was 7) but I think that's quite common with many of the best players, regardless where they end up playing on the pitch. After being a striker he played in midfield for a few years then finally got put as a RB at 15.

nikineil

Yes he's played as a RM, as an 8, and as a 6. Also as a RW in desperation for us at times.

As it happens RWB is seemingly the ideal position he can play for us to best take advantage of his attacking skillset. I'm not trying to be OTT here but if you were to pick an XI of 11 clones of the same player, I'm not sure anyone beats Reece James.
You're forgetting a certain White Pele.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Hopefully, with our best players back in the rotation, we will have something to say about our group next month… provided that we win in Israel next week.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Really enjoyed that Di Maria assist. Such a talented footballer.

Idxomer

Juve are trash, can't get hold of the ball against Haifa and are already one goal down.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I think our lot in the absolute pits of last season would still stuff this Juve side. They've looked abominable every time I've seen them for a good while now.