Champions League 2022/23 - Matchday 3 - 4/5 October

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
However put, after this evening there is no way out of this dump for Allegri. Get De Zerbi in and start from scratch again.
My guess is that Allegri has to go, and with him the idea od Italian defensive mastercoaches too. What he's serving is beyond ridiculous.

De Zerbi would be a step in good direction.

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
It is still crazy to me how Grealish was bought by City for no reason at all
Extremely overrated and overpaid player. And they actually let Sterling and Jesus go while keepinf him. Ridiculous.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Haaland and everyone at Dortmund still seem super close, hugging for like ten minutes straight :D
Have to admit that I really enjoyed that. Haaland walking around the pitch by himself clapping to all the fans is a nice touch, he does that after every game I think? I believe someone else mentioned that a short while ago

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I hate that Haaland plays for City. They're just so devoid of personality. Like PSG. They're just a collection of money bags.

Haaland however is a proper footballer with his weird fecking head.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Leipzig are a good side, how did they lose 1-4 at home to Shaktar?

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea have played decent, have lacked finishing but Salzburg are not that great
In fairness they drew against Milan as well.

We were clunky at times in pivotal spots. If 2 or 3 people continue play instead of stopping to protest the foul before the build up, then it probably stays 1-0.

But the general shape and pace of play looked really good. We just lack some creativity in final build up, and some sharpness in finishing.

Broja had done good chances. Ziyech could have taken Brojas cross and Mounts ball in for a header with a little more concentration.

Disappointing, but with such a short time working it they played that back 3/4 switching movement pretty well.

Azpi is … off the pace. Maybe you try to win the dressing room with that call… but he was adrift of play 3 or 4 crucial times, including their goal.

Gallagher, Mount and even Jorgihno played some really stupid and lazy looking passes.

Kovacic looked our best midfielder by a mile. I rarely trusted the ball being moved forward safely unless it was with Cucu or James. Kova was going side to side to play a two man game with both. He shouldn’t have to do that.

Pulling Sterling and putting I the human dribbling cone Pulisic … I don’t get that. Azpi starting and the Sterling decision… my only real manager complaints.

Broja needs to play more to be sharper, and if he gets sharper he could make a massive difference in this team.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Allegri is going btw. That first time juventus let him go over playing style made him go full Mourinho

And there's a reason Mou's at Roma now...

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
What was the Dortmund keeper thinking at City's first goal? If someone accuses him of taking bribes, I wouldn't think it's exaggerated. So bizarre.

I've said in June/July that Juventus is looking bad both on paper and on the field and will have a hard time to get out of the UCL group, but now I need to re-evaluate, they're EL level this season.

There's Bayern last night too, they are like headless chickens without a focal point up top. Needs Mathys Tel or Choupo-Moting to start to at least be competitive in UCL.

Also, if Mane was bought.. why is Gnabry, Sane or Coman(best of the 3) still here?! All 4 of them play the best on the left, feels like a waste of resources.

croadyman

Haaland is a freak of nature.
Yeah how did we feck this one up so spectacularly not once but twice. We are going to be next in his crosshairs after brushing away Wolves. Hard to ever forgive our recruitment team for letting a once in a generation striker join CITY.

Last edited:

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
He really is isn't he? I've watched Leao so much over the last year. Not sure there's a better left winger in the world atm.
We should have paid the 125 or whatever buyout…

But no, Azpi can’t play in that situation. If you still want James pressing forward, then Fofana needs to be the RCB. I would hope that’s obvious to Potter.

I’m loving my life

Yeah how did we feck this one up so spectacularly not once but twice. We are going to be next in his crosshairs after brushing away Wolves. Hard to ever forgive our recruitment team for letting a once in a generation striker join CITY.
Simple fact is, if the Glazers were not in charge, there would be way more chance he would have signed for us

RoyH1

I watch him every week. He's brilliant but not sure there's much between them two.
Vinicius is still a cut above IMO. Every team he plays is planning against him because so much of Madrid's attack comes down his flanks and he still is delivers a goal or an assist every game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seen the Stones goal

Yeah, that's getting investigated. Expect a massive betting scandal scything through german football in the next 2 years

Matchday 3 - 4/5 October

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ok so I know I said this for the last two match day’s but this time I know I’m right!

I fully expect Sporting to lose this match day vs OM.

Here is why…..

Both Pedro Porro and Sebastian Coates will miss the game due to injury. Furthermore typical veteran center back Luis Neto is also injured and will be missing the game.

That’s two of our best players who won’t be playing and they are from our back line. Furthermore Sporting have never won their first 3 CL games in a row.

GG.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Match of the season for Inter at home against Barca this evening, they might even snatch a win with an overperformance in front of their fans, only to fall flat on their face and stay unconscious for the next two weeks.

Red&Black

Supports
Milan
this match will either make or break Inter. and without Brozovic, Inter isn't remotely close to the same team (I don't think they've won without him this or last season).
they're spiralling right now and a heavy defeat, which is possible (not likely, but possible) will probably send them to the abyss.

as for my milan tomorrow... what was previously a dream matchup, turning a bit sour for us. maignan, theo hernandez, alexis, calabria, kjaer all out. that's 3-4 regular starters. still think we can snatch a win, a draw likelier... but dang.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
I hope Frankfurt bring their cup form for the Tottenham match, then it should be a great game of football.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax

Hopefully we'll see a match that'll honor those legends. At this point not to confident from Ajax perspective though. Our form has been terrible lately. Sometimes these types of matches can turn things around though. Hoping for that.

Blackwidow

Bayern plays the early match today against Plzen

Müller and Kimmich are out with Corona. It is too early for Coman who just returned into team training.