g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League 2022/23 - Matchday 6 - 1/2 November

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Amazing for Frankfurt to qualify for the knockouts. From unlikely Europa winners to now in the last 16 of the CL.
I have so much respect for them. In the last few years they really showed what you can achieve with great management and scouting even if you don't have much money.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I have so much respect for them. In the last few years they really showed what you can achieve with great management and scouting even if you don't have much money.
The true number two in German football in a way

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
This isn’t a Liverpool team to be afraid of… you do realise they got beat of forest and Leeds? 2 teams at the bottom of the prem.
And they beat Man city. They and Klopp are game raisers

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Liverpool can beat anyone they get in the next round. This is what they do. I predict at least a semi final run for them

PoTMS

Amazing for Frankfurt to qualify for the knockouts. From unlikely Europa winners to now in the last 16 of the CL.
To add some nuance to this - by winning the EL, they were automatically placed as the Pot 1 team which meant that the quality of the group would most likely be shit. Their Pot 2 team was the easiest one you could get in Spurs and the other two teams in Pot 3/4 were shit. The group in all honesty was Europa League standard and it's not really a shock to see Frankfurt qualify.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
To add some nuance to this - by winning the EL, they were automatically placed as the Pot 1 team which meant that the quality of the group would most likely be shit. Their Pot 2 team was the easiest one you could get in Spurs and the other two teams in Pot 3/4 were shit. The group in all honesty was Europa League standard and it's not really a shock to see Frankfurt qualify.
It’s still a good accomplishment. Brugge qualified too but we can spin that and say Atleti are their poorest version in a decade and the other team that went out are the Leverkusen who are more Spurs than Spurs. It’s still great to see.

TsuWave

watching Choupo-Moting score amazing goals in the CL for Bayern makes you feel like you're a variant in a distorted timeline

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Liverpool always raise their game in CL.
There was a time when they use to always raise there game. They use to blow teams away in the prem. that isn’t happening anymore. I think Bayern and psg could destroy them.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I fully expect Liverpool to get doinked outta the CL unless they get Porto or Benfica (if PSG don't top their group).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

A little illustration of the rollercoaster ride the live table in group D took last night.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

A little illustration of the rollercoaster ride the live table in group D took last night.
Even this depiction doesn't do it justice, given how Frankfurt were group winners when the whistle was blown at their game, but then Spurs scored minutes later at minute 95 in theirs to go top at the last possible instant.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Even this depiction doesn't do it justice, given how Frankfurt were group winners when the whistle was blown at their game, but then Spurs scored minutes later at minute 95 in theirs to go top at the last possible instant.
It shows every movement in the table, so it's a good one, but the last panel should probably be 98th minute and not final whistle to make that clear.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Reminds me of when we went from top of the group to bottom the night we went out in 2005.

cyberman

Reminds me of when we went from top of the group to bottom the night we went out in 2005.
Didn’t that happen to us under LVG? I remember we were going through but then the opposition scored late on and the wrong team from the other game scored and we were out.

Witchking

Liverpool can beat anyone they get in the next round. This is what they do. I predict at least a semi final run for them
Nope, they will win it this year. No decent teams to take them apart and the Napoli game was a one off. They have won all other games in the group. Last season as well, they won all games in the group. Unless the opposition is able to concentrate all 97 mins of the game without making a mistake, Liverpool will punish them, however bad they are. They have a tendency to just score a couple of put the game to bed.

PoTMS

Another favourable result going our way with Shakhtar losing to Leipzig.

So far the third place CL teams on course to make the EL knockout stages are:

Ajax
Bayer Leverkusen
FC Barcelona
Sporting Lisbon
RB Salzburg
Shakhtar Donetsk
Sevilla
Juventus

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't like this penalty. Honestly i don't like either of the penalties, handball rule needs a serious fixing

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
And? He tries to move it away from the ball. No way is it intentional. The whole rule is total bullshit. And the worst thing is the exact same thing can happen in 10 games today and a penalty will be given in about 30% of them. Zero consistency.
Handballs are never intentional unless you have been bribed to do them intentionally.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Handballs are never intentional unless you have been bribed to do them intentionally.
What does this even mean? Having your arm slightly extended from your body as your off balance and then someone smashing it against your elbow from 1 yard as it’s going wide is not a penalty. And if it is by the current rule then the rule is bollocks. As everyone sensible knows.

RedfromIreland

And it stops a shot

Nah, refer my previous post. Personally i think unintentional handballs should be tied to impact on play. Easiest fix possible

For me, the second was more of a penalty than the first
Unbelievable.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Unbelievable.
To be clear, I wouldn't have given either penalty if it were up to me, by the current interpretation of the rule both are penalties, and by my own personal opinion of what how the rule should work, the first shouldn't be a penalty, the second is a bit more iffy, depends on the direction of the ball - should to me looked like it was going for a throw in, so no peno

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Some of these decisions are bizarre. Seems quite unfair to Celtic that they’d put a Madrid fan in charge of reffing the match