Champions League 2022/23 - Matchday 6 - 1/2 November

BorisManUtd

So Sporting finish 3rd in the end :lol: poor from Marseille, they were bad but had 1 point in the bag, not they're out of Europe.

All 4 English teams go through, Spurs top of their group, it's really best possible outcome for them, as they could face teams like Brugge, Benfica, Dortmund, it's not like they have no chances of going through to quartefinals.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Excellent second half performance after a awful first half. Deserved to win it in the end.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Feck the Europa league. I hope we lose 4-0 home and away in the first round. No point in pretending like we are going to compete , just get it out the way

Losers
Hopefuly they lose 5-0 both games in the first KO round.

No point in acting like they will win. Loser club mentality
Hey guys, don't ask @SportingCP96 anything tonight, might be 6-0, 7-0... Just give him time to calm.. tomorrow is a new day..

Fooza

Marseille couldn't get a result, dare I say it...farmers...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Liverpool should get PSG this way the whole world can unite to cheer them on

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
Still Schreuder OUT. We might see UTD in the EL. I dread that day.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
No wonder after those final minutes... can anyone remember such a close group? I can't
Back when I could barely do addition, I remember plenty of those and almost always involving an Italian team

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I didn’t watch the game but can’t help but feel for Sporting. That first Frankfurt goal is a complete joke. The guy gets shoved in the back facing the wrong way and gets a handball agaisnt him. Disgraceful decision yet again from the officials. That could be the goal that sunk them.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I am just happy we won't lose to Atletico for a second year in a row.

troylocker

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Conte’s Spurs is some of the most negative football I’ve seen…..since Mou at least. Impossible to like.
Big thank yous to Kolasinac and Guendouzi who gave us two more games of Conte-ball. A terrible day for football

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I watched Napoli play some good football and Liverpool play hoofball?

Liverpool are actually quite boring to watch. Not City keep ball boring but just long ball and constant cross after cross boring.
Right. I didn't think we were amazing, but it was a fairly even and competitive game.

Aren't you a Spurs fan? Or just a fan or potatoes?

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
I watched the last min of Marseille - Spurs again. That was a proper collective meltdown farce.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
The key point on why we did not go through.

We lost the group vs OM. With all due respect they were by far the worst team in this group where we threw away both games and played with 10 men for 90% of the two games combined.

Then we go to this Frankfurt game. The penalty was beyond soft and at the moment every sporting fan knew the game was over. Also a red should have been shown.

This team is dead in the water. 5 losses in our last 8 games, we make chances but don’t score, every team that comes in our box scores.

The preparation for this season was horrendous and borderline self sabotaging.

- Eliminated from any possibility of winning the league

- Eliminated from the CL

- Eliminated from the Taça De Portugal

- CL qualification is in major doubt

- multiple injuries every other week with no viable replacements.

* The sad thing is I called all of this out by the third game of the season and people refused to listen to me on here. I’ve watched Sporting for my whole life unfortunately and I’ve seen more disappointments then happiness which means I already knew where things were going because I remember the feeling of failure.

* Our president is a fecking cnut loser. He struck gold when he hired Amorim because once he leaves he will be ran out of the club.

I am not sure which direction we go at from now on. If we miss the CL(huge possibility) out whole team is going to be sold.

The guys on their deserve to leave and not play in this endless pit.

LordSpud

The key point on why we did not go through.

We lost the group vs OM. With all due respect they were by far the worst team in this group where we threw away both games and played with 10 men for 90% of the two games combined.

Then we go to this Frankfurt game. The penalty was beyond soft and at the moment every sporting fan knew the game was over. Also a red should have been shown.

This team is dead in the water. 5 losses in our last 8 games, we make chances but don’t score, every team that comes in our box scores.

The preparation for this season was horrendous and borderline self sabotaging.

- Eliminated from any possibility of winning the league

- Eliminated from the CL

- Eliminated from the Taça De Portugal

- CL qualification is in major doubt

- multiple injuries every other week with no viable replacements.

* The sad thing is I called all of this out by the third game of the season and people refused to listen to me on here. I’ve watched Sporting for my whole life unfortunately and I’ve seen more disappointments then happiness which means I already knew where things were going because I remember the feeling of failure.

* Our president is a fecking cnut loser. He struck gold when he hired Amorim because once he leaves he will be ran out of the club.

I am not sure which direction we go at from now on. If we miss the CL(huge possibility) out whole team is going to be sold.

The guys on their deserve to leave and not play in this endless pit.
Dreams cant be buy evidently.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I really hope you guys are right and Liverpool draw Porto, i really don't want them in the next round :lol:

The Purley King

Marseille had something to defend in the last few minutes and that goal they conceded was genuinely insane.
Spurs will get found out against whoever they play next but that was a crazy result considering the missed header minutes before

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Liverpool's likely opponents in the KO stages will be one of PSG, Real Madrid, FC Bayern and FC Porto. No prizes for guessing who they'll end up drawing.
Any of them 4 will beat Liverpool. 2 of them will batter them.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I really hope you guys are right and Liverpool draw Porto, i really don't want them in the next round :lol:
This isn’t a Liverpool team to be afraid of… you do realise they got beat of forest and Leeds? 2 teams at the bottom of the prem.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
This isn’t a Liverpool team to be afraid of… you do realise they got beat of forest and Leeds? 2 teams at the bottom of the prem.
And they beat Man city. They and Klopp are game raisers

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Rangers finished on 0 points with a GD of -20 with 2 for and 22 against. Is that the worst ever in the group stage?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Amazing for Frankfurt to qualify for the knockouts. From unlikely Europa winners to now in the last 16 of the CL.