Champions League Day 1

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It goes right up Andy Townsend's butthole to a small picture of Big Ron.

Burak1878

Group E
PSV 1 : 0 Schalke 04 FT
Milan 3 : 1 Fenerbahce FT

Group F
Olympiakos 1 : 3 Rosenborg FT
Lyon 3 : 0 Real FT

Group G
Betis 1 : 2 Liverpool FT
Chelsea 1 : 0 Anderlecht FT

Group H
Artmedia 0 : 1 Inter FT
Rangers 3 : 2 Porto FT

Warrington

In need of a new contact after Carra let me down.
Sissoko? You will know more about him as the season goes on. Great little player.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
sincher said:
It goes right up Andy Townsend's butthole to a small picture of Big Ron.
Good, that means Andy will have to find another hole to talk out of. The annoying overly biassed butthole talker out-of-er

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Warrington said:
Sissoko? You will know more about him as the season goes on. Great little player.
He's neither great, nor little.

CremboMan

Wasting a lot of people’s time
alonso767 said:
kings of europe, and rightly so. big away win for us in spain, see if you lot can emulate.
Kings of europe defending 90 with 11 men behind the ball against Betis ?

I guess a win is a win, so congratulations.

alonso767

Calm down
CremboMan said:
Kings of europe defending 90 with 11 men behind the ball against Betis ?

I guess a win is a win, so congratulations.
well when you wank all over your opponents in the first 15 minutes, you can kick back and count the stars above your club crest.

;)

CremboMan

alonso767 said:
well when you wank all over your opponents in the first 15 minutes, you can kick back and count the stars above your club crest.

;)
Wank all over your opponents ? you're a laugh.

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
Betis were like a deer in the headlights after kick-off.....but it had feck all to do with Liverpool.

As soon as they became aware of the situation they were in, in the Champions League, and with feck all to fear from Liverpool, they dominated like you wouldn't believe.....unfortunately, it was too late by then.

CremboMan

Keane16 said:
Betis were like a deer in the headlights after kick-off.....but it had feck all to do with Liverpool.

As soon as they became aware of the situation they were in, in the Champions League, and with feck all to fear from Liverpool, they dominated like you wouldn't believe.....unfortunately, it was too late by then.
Couldn't have said it better, and I've tried...

alonso767

Calm down
Keane16 said:

:lol:

Warrington

Over the 90 mins we had 52% possession, more shots on goal, more on target and 2 goals to their one. What the feck are you lot on about? They won more corners..... sad cnuts.

CremboMan

Warrington said:
Over the 90 mins we had 52% possession, more shots on goal, more on target and 2 goals to their one. What the feck are you lot on about? They won more corners..... sad cnuts.
Don't mind us we're talking about something else, Liverpool played some brilliant football today.

Warrington

CremboMan said:
Don't mind us we're talking about something else, Liverpool played some brilliant football today.
FFS whats stupid comments. We played well away from home in a difficult stadium against some good players who finished 4th in La Liga. You lot are like little girls wanting flicks and tricks from pony tailed studs. :lol:

CremboMan

So football is either 11 men behind the ball or "flicks and tricks" .
And what's Pletch got to do with all of this ?

Warrington

CremboMan said:
So football is either 11 men behind the ball or "flicks and tricks" .
And what's Pletch got to do with all of this ?
We didn't have 11 behind the ball, we had more possession, more shots on goal, more shots off target and 2 goals to their one - AWAY FROM HOME. You need to wake up fella, we are not Arsenal or Madrid....we have won more European Cups in the last 30 years than any other team.

alonso767

Calm down
yeah it was betis' first ever CL match at home against the reigning champions.

of course theyre going to be fired up for it. we did exactly what we needed to and took it to them early and defended well against the inevitable attacking waves from betis. yes, in the second half we didnt play well at all going forward but defended well throughout the match, and we controlled the match in the first half.

CremboMan

I don't know or care about possession or shots on goal or whatever, what I know is that in the 2nd half you've had 11 men behind the ball, not to mention your shameless hoofing in the last parts of the game.
You're clearly right tho, seeing as you won more euro' cups blah blah blah

alonso767

Calm down
CremboMan said:
I don't know or care about possession or shots on goal or whatever, what I know is that in the 2nd half you've had 11 men behind the ball, not to mention your shameless hoofing in the last parts of the game.
You're clearly right tho, seeing as you won more euro' cups blah blah blah
i actually thought once gerrard came on we slowed play down a bit and didnt resort to hoofing it clear as much. we even had a few nice posession spells.

CremboMan

alonso767 said:
i actually thought once gerrard came on we slowed play down a bit and didnt resort to hoofing it clear as much. we even had a few nice posession spells.
I clearly didn't, we'll agree to disagree then, because this is going nowhere.
As I said before a win is a win so congrtualtions, I just didn't think you should be as smug about it as you were.

alonso767

Calm down
CremboMan said:
I clearly didn't, we'll agree to disagree then, because this is going nowhere.
As I said before a win is a win so congrtualtions, I just didn't think you should be as smug about it as you were.
i was just being a "wum". ;)

18-5

(ill get my coat)

RedorDead6899

Acid tongued, and often called evil, but kind to s
We won away from home.

At this stages that's all that counts.

Tables turned you'd take that every time.

CremboMan

RedorDead6899 said:
We won away from home.

At this stages that's all that counts.

Tables turned you'd take that every time.
Re. Tables turned - I was about to post something similliar, but I'm not so sure because I think we should be able to do them without playing a defensive game, we're not as good at it either.
But that's easy for me to say before the match, I could wish we'd done the same in 24 hours...

MThomas

Figo: In Spain we called Benitez 'píldora para dor
a win is a win,and it was a important away victory,at the end of the day,thats what counts. you were quite poor though,so was betis,weird combination considering that cocky attitude, but i guess thats just WUM attempts.

wouldnt have any problems taking such a victory though.

RedorDead6899

CremboMan said:
Re. Tables turned - I was about to post something similliar, but I'm not so sure because I think we should be able to do them without playing a defensive game, we're not as good at it either.
But that's easy for me to say before the match, I could wish we'd done the same in 24 hours...

We were only defensive in the second half when they changed thier system and brought on a new striker and another winger and had a real go.

I thought we were a bit sloppy with the ball but solid otherwise. In all honesty they got at us wide but didn't really create anything too serious other than the goal.

RedorDead6899

ThomasM said:
a win is a win,and it was a important away victory,at the end of the day,thats what counts. you were quite poor though,so was betis,weird combination considering that cocky attitude, but i guess thats just WUM attempts.

wouldnt have any problems taking such a victory though.

If we can be that poor away from home while resting our best player then i'll take that from every away game we play.

CremboMan

RedorDead6899 said:
We were only defensive in the second half when they changed thier system and brought on a new striker and another winger and had a real go.

I thought we were a bit sloppy with the ball but solid otherwise. In all honesty they got at us wide but didn't really create anything too serious other than the goal.
They got that guy from the Thong Song playing for them tho, what a change has he made since that.

CremboMan said:
Defensive game??

I call it very astute european away tactics. The Arse should take note. And Real Madrid while we're at it.

And so should Man Utd! ;)