Champions League Draw | 17:00 CET | United, PSG, Leipzig, Istanbul

Havak

Pokemon master
It's a TV thing, we are a bigger commercial attraction than Man City still. It's why Barcelona and Real Madrid can't be in the same side of the draw, and Bayern/Dortmund etc.

It's going to go against us more often than not as we will always have to be on a different day to Liverpool and City, so unless we were drawn in the same side as Chelsea (or whichever other English team first) we have a high chance of being fecked.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We haven't played Ajax competitively since 1956.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think United and Liverpool are TV pairings, like Barcelona and Real Madrid are so they can't be on the same half.
Thats crazy unfair... I can understand a national split but putting viewers above teams chances in the competition is horrid. You guys got screwed.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I think United and Liverpool are TV pairings, like Barcelona and Real Madrid are so they can't be on the same half.
I think that's it but it's so stupid. Do they really think a single United fan will choose to watch Liverpool's game after/before ours? and frankly, given COVID, they could play on the same night: one earlly, one later

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
so basically we are way bigger than City hence we need the tougher draw?

fair enough I guess, price to buy of being a european giant...

Paul_Scholes18

I am sick of this draw. City with a super easy draw and us with the nightmare.
Just because a stupid law.

Traub

I think that's it but it's so stupid. Do they really think a single United fan will choose to watch Liverpool's game after/before ours? and frankly, given COVID, they could play on the same night: one earlly, one later
It's about the neutrals though. Obviously Liverpool and United get the most viewers (whether or not they support either team). Having both teams on the same night means you'll split that viewership.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Exactly this.

Bayern and Dortmund are paired.

Barca and RM.

United and Liverpool.
In fairness the first 2 pairings are always in there every season, how often in the last 10 years have either United or Liverpool missed out. You guys got screwed.

MemphisDepay

Supports
Rangers and Celtic
Borat is trending on twitter. Thought maybe it was because they were comparing the host's voice to Borat but apparently it's another movie

SinNombre

We haven't played Ajax competitively since 1956.
wow that's a crazy stat.

I can't think of any other European giant United hasn't played in the past decade. Milan might be the one we last played in 2007.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I am sick of this draw. City with a super easy draw and us with the nightmare.
Just because a stupid law.
Shouldn't both clubs (Liverpool and United) be better financially compensated since this is the case?

peridigm

Pairings for tv rights. United paired with Chelsea and City with Liverpool.
So basically, after all the rules that teams can't play other teams from the same country to keep things fair, they totally throw it out the window due to money. :lol: Never change UEFA, never change.

Don't care really. We'll do them cnuts again.

Paul_Scholes18

Shouldn't both clubs (Liverpool and United) be better financially compensated since this is the case?
We should, but not sure it is the case. In PL you get more money the more popular you are though.
Not sure about tv money from CL.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Fcuk. So no chance of an easy leg.

Woody go buy some extra fcuking players!