Champions League Draw | Group A: FC Harry Kane, United, Copenhagen, Galatasaray

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
That's why a Superleague is necessary. The financial gap between top clubs and the rest is way too big now. Group stages are boring for the most part and only groups of "death" attract neutral viewers. But I'm pretty sure we'll see a Superleague anyways in some years, just with UEFA as host, so they can continue to get their share as a "non profit" organization.
If one of the ideas is to take a good % of the Superleague money to inject it in the less fortunate clubs, it would not be that bad. But the problem is that those clubs would probably stop caring about their national leagues.
This could cause either the other clubs to step up and fill the gap and eventually increase the competition, or simply making the national leagues a less attractive product and become more poor as years go by.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I mean he supports a team of cheats so obviously he's gonna be a bit loose with the truth when he posts on here about them.
Heard a few on here recently moaning about City’s relationship with Jorge Mendes saying it should be investigated?
While they’re about it maybe they could look into the Bebe transfer.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
There were far fewer strong teams in the CL back in 2003-2013, so pretty much all the big clubs were in pot 1. Besides, you've conveniently chosen to include all teams United faced during that period while omitting all the easy teams City faced, cherrypicking only the harder ones. Is that intentionally dishonest or some uncanny oversight? In fact, some of the clubs you've pointed out as easy opponents for United, City have also faced... but you've neglected to add them to that list in order to make it look like City have had a much tougher time. Makes it very hard to take your post seriously. You cannot put a club on United's list as an example of how easy we've had it and then omit it from City's list when they've also faced that same club.

In the last ten seasons, City were in pot 1 only five times, so they were automatically going to have pot 1 teams in their group half of those years. Maybe you should go back to our 1993-2003 groups for a more valid comparison between the two teams. Now that City are typically in pot 1, they're getting the same treatment as we were in 2003-13 where we were in pot 1 literally every year. It creates a wildly misleading comparison. Of course one team that has been in pot 1 every year for ten years straight will have easier groups on average than another team that has been in pot 1 only five of those ten years.
But in the Pot 2 years City invariably drew a powerhouse Pot 1 team like Bayern, Barca or Juve not the softer teams such as Benfica, Porto, Zenit, PSV and CSKA who were also possible opponents.

If I wanted to cherrypick I could have used 2011/12 when City were grouped with Bayern/Napoli/Villareal or 12/13 when we drew Real/Dortmund/Ajax but did not.

Among the teams that we played that I didn’t mention were CSKA, Feyenoord, Celtic, Hoffenheim and Marseille so there was some strength in depth in our groups in previous seasons.

I‘m not moaning about the tasks City were assigned just laughing at the recency bias on here from supporters of a team whose Cup draws across all competitions in the last couple of decades have been fairly friendly.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Bayern fans already celebrating the win of the group. Difficult to argue with that but it would be great to get a result against these arrogant bastards.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern fans already celebrating the win of the group. Difficult to argue with that but it would be great to get a result against these arrogant bastards.
Where? Here? And "bastards"... How very classy of you, good sir.

Jeffthered

We'll take that group. I think we've been lucky! Ha!

To be honest, with our squad, I'm not sure how much we can give CL this season.. it will be a test of our resources. Just have to enjoy it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We'll take that group. I think we've been lucky! Ha!

To be honest, with our squad, I'm not sure how much we can give CL this season.. it will be a test of our resources. Just have to enjoy it.
isn’t that every season we have been in it in over a decade?

Its all gone Shane Long

20 Sep: Bayern (A)
3 Oct: Galatasaray (H)
24 Oct: Copenhagen (H)
8 Nov: Copenhagen (A)
29 Nov: Galatasaray (A)
12 Dec: Bayern (H)

I expect 14pts minimum

Rooney24

To be officially confirmed but seems out CL fixtures are

20/9 Bayern (a)
3/10 Galatasary (h)
24/10 Copenhagen (h)
8/11 Copenhagen (a)
29/11 Galatasary (a)
12/12 Bayern (h)

Paula

Supports
Bayern
Ah, I was hoping Bayern to draw a arsenal.

Last season everybody on the board was yelling arsenal will destroy Bayern easy. Would have been time to trash them 5-1 like usual.

Blackwidow

The Bayern-United home match is during Oktoberfest - difficult to get hotels etc. in Munich at that time.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
To be officially confirmed but seems out CL fixtures are

20/9 Bayern (a)
3/10 Galatasary (h)
24/10 Copenhagen (h)
8/11 Copenhagen (a)
29/11 Galatasary (a)
12/12 Bayern (h)
That’s perfect. First one is a free hit, then three games we surely will win. Last game should be a dead rubber for both teams. Worst case it's a dead rubber only for Bayern and they'll be resting players.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You couldn't get a more perfect schedule than that to be honest. Destiny in our own hands from matchday 1 to matchday 6. If we can just avoid getting beaten in Germany, we should be ok.

Good draw. Bayern are not as strong as they once were and Kane rarely turns up against us. Still, if they win that first game it might wake us up to win the next four easy games.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Union Berlin's first ever CL game will be away at Real Madrid... that's an amazing way to start getting CL experience as a club.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Nah. They're shite under Tuchel and I fancy our chances of winning the group.
Bayern and Madrid are two clubs I’d love to see us beat. Feel like we’ve underperformed against them this century.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
The moment Kane signed for Bayern, I was convinced we'd draw them. Not too bad a group but we'll need to beat Copenhagen home and away and get something in Turkey (they aren't the shock jocks they once were, although of course we aren't what we were in the 1990s).

How the hell do City keep getting Doncaster U-11s, a team from an island populated by six parrots and a dog, and Uruguay's Care Home for donkeys?

Newcastle will be in the Europa come Xmas...

The Dane

The moment Kane signed for Bayern, I was convinced we'd draw them. Not too bad a group but we'll need to beat Copenhagen home and away and get something in Turkey (they aren't the shock jocks they once were, although of course we aren't what we were in the 1990s).

How the hell do City keep getting Doncaster U-11s, a team from an island populated by six parrots and a dog, and Uruguay's Care Home for donkeys?

Newcastle will be in the Europa come Xmas...
Funny but to say that City has generally been lucky when it comes to CHL draws or cup draws in general is just not true.
Anyway you could have paired City with the strongest team from pot 2, 3 and 4 and they would most likely still walk the group.

Plastic Evra

That's why a Superleague is necessary. The financial gap between top clubs and the rest is way too big now. Group stages are boring for the most part and only groups of "death" attract neutral viewers. But I'm pretty sure we'll see a Superleague anyways in some years, just with UEFA as host, so they can continue to get their share as a "non profit" organization.
Superleague is the "solution" to a problem they engineered themselves.

Redderp

Hey man, is there a possibility for anyone outside of FCK to get tickets to that game?...:D
Sorry the late answer but i have no clue how it works for away fans :lol: you probably have to buy your ticket through United?

But it’s also going to be impossible to get tickets for home fans because United are so popular here in Denmark.

es-muellert

Supports
Bayern München
If one of the ideas is to take a good % of the Superleague money to inject it in the less fortunate clubs, it would not be that bad. But the problem is that those clubs would probably stop caring about their national leagues.
This could cause either the other clubs to step up and fill the gap and eventually increase the competition, or simply making the national leagues a less attractive product and become more poor as years go by.
50% of champions league money could also be shared with domestic leagues.

Prodigy24

Sorry the late answer but i have no clue how it works for away fans :lol: you probably have to buy your ticket through United?

But it’s also going to be impossible to get tickets for home fans because United are so popular here in Denmark.
No worries mate! Don't really care if it's home or away, I'd even try to blend in with the danes pretending to be a FCK supporter :lol:

But yeah, looks pretty much impossible atm.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Funny but to say that City has generally been lucky when it comes to CHL draws or cup draws in general is just not true.
Anyway you could have paired City with the strongest team from pot 2, 3 and 4 and they would most likely still walk the group.
That's true but I think my point still stands - can't remember the last time they had a contender for top spot

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
No worries mate! Don't really care if it's home or away, I'd even try to blend in with the danes pretending to be a FCK supporter :lol:

But yeah, looks pretty much impossible atm.
Surely no one in their right frame of mind would ever be that desperate for tickets?

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Ah, I was hoping Bayern to draw a arsenal.

Last season everybody on the board was yelling arsenal will destroy Bayern easy. Would have been time to trash them 5-1 like usual.
Everybody :lol:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
The 25-man squad is made up of the 'A List' and also the players who were either club-trained or association-trained.

The 'B List', due to be submitted ahead of the first game against Bayern, will definitely include Argentina international Alejandro Garnacho, among other players who have come through our Academy.

All of our summer signings are registered, including new midfielder Sofyan Amrabat and striker Rasmus Hojlund, who will take on his former club in Copenhagen.

Please note this squad only covers the group stages and the 'B List' can be updated with homegrown youngsters in advance of each fixture.

A LIST

Sofyan Amrabat
Altay Bayindir (GK)
Casemiro
Diogo Dalot
Antony
Christian Eriksen
Bruno Fernandes
Rasmus Hojlund
Victor Lindelof
Tyrell Malacia
Anthony Martial
Lisandro Martinez
Andre Onana (GK)
Facundo Pellistri
Sergio Reguilon
Raphael Varane

CLUB TRAINED

Jonny Evans
Tom Heaton (GK)
Scott McTominay
Marcus Rashford
Luke Shaw

ASSOCIATION TRAINED

Harry Maguire
Mason Mount
Jadon Sancho
Aaron Wan-Bissaka

The 'B List' will be confirmed before the opening game against Bayern Munich.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think Amad, Hannibal, Mainoo, Gore, Shoretire etc. all qualify for the B list.

No Donny though.