Champions League Draw: Thursday August 26 18:00 CET

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Knowing Ole's habit of drawing the short straw one should not be surprised if Man United get a group of Bayern Munich, Ajax and AC Milan
That's fine.
We can drop into the Europa and bloody win it this time of asking, I dont think Varane has one of these in his cabinet yet......!! :lol:

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
For the first team in 15 years, I don't really fear anyone in Europe. I'd rather avoid PSG and Real Madrid from pot 2 if possible, but it's not a disaster if we get them.

It might not even matter if you finish top or 2nd in the groups because almost every group will have at least two tough teams.

Bertie Wooster

What's the league season got to do with winning the CL? Absolutely nothing. Name me the last time the CL was contested without a big boy being in the final? There is no 'luck of the draw' in the CL, if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, it's always been that way. You want to avoid all big boys and think we'll win the CL? We lost to Villarreal and Sevilla in the EL final, no disrespect to those teams but they're not big boys. Just a weak mentality if you want to win the CL after beating all the fodder but each to their own.

Why do you want the easiest draw, you tell me? Not confident we can beat the likes of Real, Bayern, PSG? If you don't then we'll never win the CL because buddy, we're never getting a free run at the trophy and you're burying your head in the sand if that's what you're hoping for. Hoping to play the likes of Molde, Sheriff and Lille is a massive cop out and shirking away from an actual competitive tie.
If we have to play tough opponents at some point to win the competition, then, yeah, fine, we'll obviously have to deal with those tough games when they happen. But there's a huge difference between having to deal with some tough games along the way and actually wanting tough games, and wanting to be drawn in a group of death.

I really don't think it's an unusual stance to hope to get some easier ties in the earlier cup rounds, to help us deal with battling in 4 competitions throughout the 9 month season, rather than hoping for nothing but tough ties in all cup competitions because anything else is bottling it and cowardly.

Of course, at some point, it's likely you have to face tough opponents in the cups the further you get. But the fewer tough draws, and the more easier ones along the way, the better for me. If the end goal is the same - winning the cup - then I don't see why you're so adamant that we should have to do it the harder way from the start rather than hoping to get there via an easier route.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Last time we got out of the groups we lost 12-1 to Bayern in the round of 16 :lol:

We have the team to make one of our best European appearances in a very long time this year. Which means we’ll probably get a draw that kills any hope before the games even start.

I want Madrid, there’s unfinished business there. And an easier team from pot 4 so that dropping down to the EL is as bad as it gets as that’s a competition I believe we could compete for the title this season

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I can get a commercial flight from Manchester to Riga, have a 1h20 transfer and then a flight from Riga to Saint Petersburg in 5 hours and 5 minutes so I very much doubt that it's an "over 5h flight", but whatever.

The post I quoted specifically mentioned "long travel" which I responded to so no clue why you bring up temperatures. The long travel argument is a myth, it makes zero difference to professionals who travel in as much comfort as they do.
You were responding to someone mentioning flight times and talked about other destinations, it's not a myth that those cities are not as long a flight. But I agree that the flight times aren't much of an issue given the conditions they fly in. However, I brought up temperatures because drawing those teams and facing a tough away game in unfavourable climatic conditions can be a pain, and a reason why you'd probably not want to draw them.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
By your logic, a United fan should happily watch City or Liverpool hammer teams, or our opponents hammer us, so long as it's 'high quality and entertaining'.
By my logic, i'd rather see my team face some attractive opposition in the group then beating some minnows only to go out in R16 against the first decent team. Also, I'm indeed able to enjoy and admire great football, even if my team is on the receiving end of said great football.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When do they actually do the draw?

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It was nice to hear them congratulate Chelsea. It never gets old!!

Start touching some balls!!!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
What times the actual draw - can’t be bothered for the cringey shite before it

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Usual nine hours of balls before we see the balls... just make the f@cking draw you donkeys - are they really after ratings?

MUFC OK

Usual nine hours of balls before we see the balls... just make the f@cking draw you donkeys - are they really after ratings?
Why are you even tuning in from the start? Setting yourself up to get p*ssed off :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They’re having their picture taken now. On sale in the foyer when they leave.
Cheapskates couldn’t even get one of them on a rollercoaster