Champions League Final - Barcelona vs Juventus

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nothing is set in stone. They could well have a poor year next year. Madrid and bayern can sign players immediately, Barca can't till January. Not to mention teams usually drop off after a treble.
Nothing is set in stone but there isn't a player in the world who would improve on Barca's front 3, not even Ronaldo, because of how well they work together. They'll only get better too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nothing is set in stone but there isn't a player in the world who would improve on Barca's front 3, not even Ronaldo, because of how well they work together. They'll only get better too.
I'm not denying that they could improve. But football is never predictable. They might not even have Enrique next season and he's played his part in this success and Madrid can improve their squad big time this summer whereas barca for the first half of the season can't.

Oneunited26

I think Barca need to start improving perhaps their defense, now DDG could be up for grabs, that would be some signing for barca, another CB, and a CM to perhaps in preperation for iniesta's departure. So I would say their backbone needs an improvement, because you cannot improve that frontline which could either be smart or dangerous

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I think Barca need to start improving perhaps their defense, now DDG could be up for grabs, that would be some signing for barca, another CB, and a CM to perhaps in preperation for iniesta's departure. So I would say their backbone needs an improvement, because you cannot improve that frontline which could either be smart or dangerous
a couple of things:

why would they buy DDG when, first they cant, because of UEFA banned them from that, second, they have bravo who won the Zamora, less than 1 goal every two games and Ter Stegen, whom at 21 already proved to be one hell of a goalie

Oneunited26

a couple of things:

why would they buy DDG when, first they cant, because of UEFA banned them from that, second, they have bravo who won the Zamora, less than 1 goal every two games and Ter Stegen, whom at 21 already proved to be one hell of a goalie
I thought the ban was lifted

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought the ban was lifted
No. They can sign players but not register them until January. They won't be in for DDG as they just bought two very good goalkeepers last season.

Oneunited26

No. They can sign players but not register them until January. They won't be in for DDG as they just bought two very good goalkeepers last season.
Oh that is set in stone he is off to Madrid. I just hope Barca have learnt their mistakes from 2009, and stick to their front 3 next season

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Next year's final is at the San Siro. I propose that everyone living in Italy, or nearby, get together and buy tickets. As long as they don't cost more than 500 euros :nervous:

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
I think we have overload of defenders now. Bartra, last season had a very good start to the season. Then we have Mathieu and Vermaelen back from injury. Bravo having an excellent season and Ter Stegan has very good potential. Don't think we can provide game time to all them. Thankfully we are now stacked in defence (something we never could say for Barca in past).

CM is a position that we can think about in future. Iniesta is always a big game/CL player, he still has another 2 season in him. We do have Rafinha who did decently this season. Denis Suarez is doing well. 1 player I hope we get is Oliver Torres. I am against paying ridiculous money for Pogba etc.,

RooneyLegend

Well, I am always very cautious with predictions about young talents. Dybala has all the tools, but he has had only good season so far. We will have to see if he can make the step up to perform on a high level for a big team constantly. Ideally, Tevez stays and Dybala can be slowly but surely integrated into our starting eleven just like Pogba and Morata were.
He's further ahead in his development than Pogba and Morata were when they were signed, he's really at the sink or swim stage.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Legs not go in circles. I didnt say hating Barcelona is pathetic.
One last circle. You did though. Or is it not ok to hate a team when they win a major trophy? Because you've lost me then.
Hate towards Barca in this thread. Pathetic..:lol:
I remembered you as someone who hated Madrid and found your comment a bit hypocritical, that's all. No big deal, happens to the best of us.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona

He actually did receive a medal but was forced by UEFA to return it due to his 0 appearances.

Apparently he walked through the media zone with the medal around his neck, refusing to do any interviews :lol:

Mali_Zeus

One last circle. You did though. Or is it not ok to hate a team when they win a major trophy? Because you've lost me then.

I remembered you as someone who hated Madrid and found your comment a bit hypocritical, that's all. No big deal, happens to the best of us.
I meant that some of the posts were pathetic. And I already explained that 2 posts back.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Not that this hypothetical scenario is in anyway relevant, but I'm sure Ronaldo could fill in for Neymar and do more, given how many chances Neymar misses. He could probably provide as good service to the other two as Neymar does as well. In this pacy Barcelona who scores loads in counter-attacks Ronaldo added to them would just make most other teams look like melting butter.

Aboutreika18

Not that this hypothetical scenario is in anyway relevant, but I'm sure Ronaldo could fill in for Neymar and do more, given how many chances Neymar misses. He could probably provide as good service to the other two as Neymar does as well. In this pacy Barcelona who scores loads in counter-attacks Ronaldo added to them would just make most other teams look like melting butter.
Definitely. I think it's got the point where Neymar's being overrated if people think Ronaldo couldn't do a better job than him in this current Barca side that is more direct and deadly on the counter attack than previous years.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Definitely. I think it's got the point where Neymar's being overrated if people think Ronaldo couldn't do a better job than him in this current Barca side that is more direct and deadly on the counter attack than previous years.
I think people are bang on. Neymar's better at opening up defences than Ronaldo is now, and more importantly he's more selfless. Ronaldo going in there to cry when other people score and to loiter a bout the 6 yard box waiting for chances would really hold back that attack.

prarek

He actually did receive a medal but was forced by UEFA to return it due to his 0 appearances.

Apparently he walked through the media zone with the medal around his neck, refusing to do any interviews :lol:
Wow i don't know if that's more embarrassing or this.

louvega

Please, don't post the Song gif anymore. The embarrassment is unbearable :lol:

Arruda

Supports
Porto
I think people are bang on. Neymar's better at opening up defences than Ronaldo is now, and more importantly he's more selfless. Ronaldo going in there to cry when other people score and to loiter a bout the 6 yard box waiting for chances would really hold back that attack.
Or, like Neymar when he joined Barça, he'd switch from thinking he's the best in the world to enjoy the opportunity to play with the greatest of them all and make the best of it.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Or, like Neymar when he joined Barça, he'd switch from thinking he's the best in the world to enjoy the opportunity to play with the greatest of them all and make the best of it.
Ronaldo? No way man, biggest ego in football, he has to be top dog, and to be honest I don't blame him to an extent. He's too good to be playing second fiddle to someone else in another team

Arruda

Supports
Porto
Ronaldo? No way man, biggest ego in football, he has to be top dog, and to be honest I don't blame him to an extent. He's too good to be playing second fiddle to someone else in another team
I've seen it too many times. From schoolgrounds to galactico teams, it's a different game when you're on the same side of the pitch. There's always the talk of egos, but then they just play ball and move on with it. Messi would probably love to serve him as well.

His ego may prevent him from ever accepting that role, but if it came to be (let's say against his will) I bet he'd adapt far easier than we're tempted to imagine.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: It's probably Puyol, messing with the poor cnut! It looks like he's looking at Song at first.

I mean, look at Pique at the back.
Busqets, pique and the staff member behind abidal are fricking loving it :lol:

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
The "crap player x which didn't get any minutes has won more titles than great player y because he happens to be at a great club" joke has been old and unfunny since decades ago now... at least change it up a bit