Champions League Gameweek 1 - 19/09 and 20/09

JP77

Tough to see past City again this season. Madrid will be a different force next season when they sign Mbappe in the summer but until then I just can't see them having enough. Bayern even with Kane just don't look that special. Teams like Arsenal are never beating City over two legs or in the final. PSG just aren't very good. Realistically there's hardly anybody to properly challenge them, it feels like everybody is in a bit of a transition while they've been building a machine under the same manager for near on a decade. They're just ahead of everybody right now.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What an utter shite level of teams in this years UCL.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Since when does Bonucci play for Union Berlin :eek:
Deadline day. He ultimately decided he wants to play in the CL while for a long time it looked like he would sign for another Italian club.

:eek: You're about to be banished from the caf's BDL.
Oh no, no one likes how Union play. Everybody just respects them if they are successful, but the moment they aren't, they are just painful to watch and nobody really cares.

Copenhagen drawing away looks like a good result for us. Means we are under less pressure in our next CL game (home game v Galatasaray).

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Thomas Müller is now the third player with 100 wins in the CL and could overtake Casillas (105) this season. He is also playing his 15th consecutive season of CL, since 2008/9.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Yeah seems that way for current Real Madrid too what do you think
It looks like they are prioritising pace, skill and it doesn't hurt if they have size too. They wouldn't glance twice at some of the midgets we have. I bet you Bayern enquired about Victor Osimhen. I don't think it's strictly a race thing, but this is where they are mostly likely to find these traits.

Pintu

Don’t worry there will be one soon enough once we drop down. That’s if we even finish 3rd in the group. :lol:
Why on earth would we drop down after losing 4-3 in Germany? The other teams of the group are Galatasaray and København…

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Why on earth would we drop down after losing 4-3 in Germany? The other teams of the group are Galatasaray and København…
Yep, after yesterday Utd have every chance of finishing second or maybe even first in their group. Bayern were awful, I don't expect the other two to be much better.

ShinjiNinja26

FS I wasn’t being all that serious. That said I’ll see how we get on in the next few games before completely writing off the possibility.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Don't remember the group stages being so dull. Have they increased the number of teams

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Don't remember the group stages being so dull. Have they increased the number of teams
European football is in a weaker place than usual. There’s not many good sides out there and I think it’ll continue.