Champions League GW2 - 3/10 and 4/10

Matt851

I'm talking about Oles first full seasons when all this actually happened.
Ole kept talking about hunger, desire and passion from his players, yet got ridiculed in here for it.
What's your point?

He did tend to repeat himself quite a lot and rarely give the sense there was some sort of tactical mind He was hiding. The team also went through long periods of looking extremely lethargic before going behind in games

Howe has got Newcastle playing with a coherent structure and with passion

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I'm a United fan, PSG is not my club.

Anyway, he'll earn the same fortune wherever he goes, the only place where he could get a substantial jump in his wages would be Saudi, and he turned down the billion in favour of remaining competitive and fit, so there are evidently other aspects driving him beyond money.
Sorry, thought you were a PSG fan.

I agree with you.

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
Yet Ole has a better record than Howe, but it's fine, I get it, we like to put our own club down whilst simultaneously build others up for lesser achievements.
We are sado masochistic
What record?

James35

Feels like we've been overtaken by Newcastle right now
I think they’ll knock us out of the league cup in a few weeks. They pumped us at their ground after losing the final last season, like it was some sort of revenge and the way they are playing right now, I think they will do the same to us again home or away.

But to be fair I’m not confident we can beat any team right now so not really that high praise for them.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Alvarez is faster, more direct than Mahrez and a damn good player with plenty of potential. Especially under Guardiola's coaching. A better dribbler than Mahrez he is not though.
The guy in question is Doku not Alvarez.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
What a result by newcastle. Wish united could play like that.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Mbappe is going to stay i reckon, he won't get more money at a different club in UCL, and he enjoys the power and freedom he has there, and he won't have that at RM or other clubs.

justboy68

It's shocking how quickly Howe turned their fortunes around. A lot of those players are still the same ones who were languishing in the lower half of the table. I think it also shows how much mood around a club can have an effect on performances.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Anthony Taylor MOTM, made a crap Barça win.
Super undeserved but against this lackluster Barça we can win in Barcelona anyway, if of course we don't have all the bad luck and we actually get a referee on the whistle.
A crap barca that leads in nearly all statistics in yesterday's game. I'm sorry of course, if we didn't play a good ball second half of the game without Pedri, de Jong, Raphina, Lewandowski and with a 16 year old Yamal, who had to run to the toilet during the game because he had stomach pain. It's funny how sometimes pressure in the second half of the game lets you forget the whole picture. It's called selective memory.
Also it would be it interesting to know where exactly Taylor made Barca win. Half of our team had the yellow card at the start of the second half. Or do you seriously deny Eustaquio's handball?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The great typical Dutch morning after phenomenon. All the papers agree about how great and plucky we were and how much we deserved to win.

I checked, we got 0 points.

Cnuts.

Feck.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
It's shocking how quickly Howe turned their fortunes around. A lot of those players are still the same ones who were languishing in the lower half of the table. I think it also shows how much mood around a club can have an effect on performances.
I’d be interested to see how Howe might perform at United. We are a poisoned chalice for all decent managers

MassVolto

Supports
Milan
PSG was just a stepping stone for Ronaldinho to move a bigger club back then. He was a kid.
PSG were strong in the 90s, reached the semis in CL, won the cup winners cup won also 5 domestics + 2 other semifinal appearances in CWC and UEFA cup. George Weah won Ballon D’Or as Milan player but it was mostly based on his individual performances for PSG that year on their CL campaign