Champions League | Matchday 6

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
United so good they spot their opponents 60 minutes before starting to play for real :lol:

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Feck, we won't be qualified before playing the game.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Solskjaer getting away with it every week at the moment. Sends his team out half asleep and then they bail him out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Four mintues pretty low with all the subs and goals.

Fancy United to get another if they get corner or FK round the box so Leipzig need to avoid doing that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
EL is where it's at this season anyways

Champions League is dumb

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Fun match, this. The ref was an absolute catastrophe, though. In both directions, but that pen put the cherry on the shit cake.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Best thing for me about the CL this season is that Seville aren't dropping down into the EL.

Gives the rest of us a bit more of a chance....

Pagh Wraith

I'm just about okay with the penalty. But how did United's second stand?

(I have no idea which set of handball rules are in play here so don't quiz me on it)

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Mukiele is an absolutely dire defender. Hopefully, we're not looking at him...or we are very closely looking at him and avoiding like the plague-19.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
So is the PSG game voided. They are saying that we are deffo out and PSG go through? Surely if they play and PSG lose, we would go through as runners up in the group? (Lot of straws being clutched here)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So is the PSG game voided. They are saying that we are deffo out and PSG go through? Surely if they play and PSG lose, we would go through as runners up in the group? (Lot of straws being clutched here)
Nope. They won H2H 4-3

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Solskjaer getting away with it every week at the moment. Sends his team out half asleep and then they bail him out.
The comeback kings luck had to run out sooner than later. This why scoring 2 goals in the first half is not enough against them. Leipzig scored the 3rd at the right time before United could turn on the heat.

Tapori

3rd goal fecked up our H2H against PSG. At 2-1 we go through if PSG lose tonight as we'd be equal on H2H with them and on points but better GD.

3rd goal in that match, the loss in istanbul and the 3rd goal here have cost us on specifics but Ole has completely shat the bed,

If he goes with a simple 4-3-3 and doesn't try to be clever, or even had a 4-2-3-1 or diamond, we probably control more of the match.
Our defending is and has been dire and Maguire and Ole have to take responsibility. It simply isn't good enough as a unit to fight at the highest level.
The issue is decision making

SilentStrike

Supports
Feyenoord
Just saw the highlights.

That pen was hilarious and that second one was disgraceful.

Had United managed to draw somehow then this would go down as one of the worst ref performances I have ever seen.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

Good decision in the end to go with a whole new set of referees.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Surprised about Salah and Fabinho, hope it won't backfire.

First time TAA captains us too if I'm not mistaken.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
So if PSG lose they still go through?
Yeah they're already qualified, they'd be level on points with you guys but first tiebreaker is H2H and theirs is better in your 2 matchups.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
so goal difference doesnt count these days?
It's the next tiebreaker in H2H since you and PSG both beat each other once. I think you won there 1-2 and they won 1-3 at Old Trafford which is why they're advancing if you end up level on points.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I have a question

In the PSG match, are they allowed to change the starting line-ups or would that count as a sub?