Champions League | Matchday 6

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
What the feck memphis just threw down Sule :lol::lol::lol: how. Sule must outweight him by like 50 Kgs
Sad that Süle doesn't play RB today. Some fullbacks really look worried when he's marching forward, weighing double of what they are used as opponents :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Neuer spent the warm up staring down Ter Stegen :lol:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Wonderful from Sane. People going on about City and Liverpool. Bayern are a big, big threat.
Sure they are, but most Bundesliga teams are giving them more of a fight than Barcelona (just looking at the last weeks). Barca aren't the benchmark anymore for this level.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bayern really want to win this. Sane chasing down Dembele :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Wonderful from Sane. People going on about City and Liverpool. Bayern are a big, big threat.
Good, if we can't win it then I'd hope Bayern do. Not sure I can stomach another English winner.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Bayern really want to win this. Sane chasing down Dembele :lol:
Looked like he wasn't even in second gear, though. I remember Dembele being faster than that... dude getting old?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Looked like he wasn't even in second gear, though. I remember Dembele being faster than that... dude getting old?
I imagine being injured 360 days a year doesn't help

Bole Top

in general, Ter Stegen regressed badly. I thought he was among the best keepers when Valverde was managing them.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
What was the goal difference in the best group stage ever? Asking for a friend

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Winning europa probably Barca's best bet of making CL for next season tbh.

Will be odd seeing them playing in that competition again after nearly 20 years.

RedDribble

Supports
Dortmund, Barcelona
Barcelona in the Europa League, la la la. :lol:
Well not actually that bad, tbh with the current squad Barcelona is not going through RO16. Rather go to Europa league and try to win that thing (even though that is even hard)

432JuanMata

It obviously helps having a easier League but how good are Bayern ? They have been immense for the last 3 seasons.
They are ruthless in Europe

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Looks like Bayern is to become the first team who wins all six group games two seasons in a row.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Have to say, bayern are playing this at a preseason pace, and they're still winning easily. And Barcelona have at least both of Memphis and Dembele on the pitch, so they don't even have the excuse of not having forwards

This could end up better than Kiev :drool: :drool: :drool: :lol: :lol: :lol:

alsabi

Chelsea runners up - still half expect them to somehow get drawn at home to Bradford City in the round of 16

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
in general, Ter Stegen regressed badly. I thought he was among the best keepers when Valverde was managing them.
Outside of Germany, sure. There's a reason he fled the direct competition with Neuer.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Also as it stands Sevilla are in EL, so no chance of barcelona winning that either!

KeanoMagicHat

Not sure how much you can blame Xavi, Barca’s squad is so poor. A few peak players, none world class apart from De Jong, veterans and youth players. Within that, really unbalanced. Their best player wants to play where their 2nd/3rd best player wants to play. A player gets injured and it’s teenagers on. A shambles of a squad. The teenagers will no doubt end up good eventually, but they’re well off the best players in the world yet.