Champions League | Matchday 6

Lyng

Bayern playing Barca out of the park, without really putting in much of an effort.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Look, it's Rapid Wien legend Yusuf Demir! Go, kid!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why did Barca let Griezmann go? They're missing quality up front

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Busquets subbed... hasn't impressed anyone today, but taking the captain off without an apparent reason? Strange move by Koeman, or am I missing something?

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I wish we had Flick
Under Flick our attacking might have been more fluent and exciting. However i have the feeling with Nagelsmann the defense is much more stable.
Could be decisive in the knock out matches.

0:2 Fantastic again from Musiala and great awareness by Lewandowski.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Busquets subbed... hasn't impressed anyone today, but taking the captain off without an apparent reason? Strange move by Koeman, or am I missing something?
It's Koeman, he's an idiot who thinks he is bigger than the club and is always right.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Why did Barca let Griezmann go? They're missing quality up front
Wages, doesn't suit their style at all, not as good as he was in his first Atletico spell (nowhere close, he declined before he joined Barca first time around).

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Under Flick our attacking might have been more fluent and exciting. However i have the feeling with Nagelsmann the defense is much more stable.
Could be decisive in the knock out matches.

0:2 Fantastic again from Musiala and great awareness by Lewandowski.
I do not disagree, but the "if we let one or three in, we'll try to outscore them" approach was just much more fun to watch ^^

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Michael Oliver desperate for a moment after not getting to stand out much. What the hell was that about?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Because they are broke as feck
They couldn't pay his obscene wages and bonuses.
I get they're broke but where does it end? Surely they'd of been better off keeping him and getting rid of 2 or 3 others?

Wages, doesn't suit their style at all, not as good as he was in his first Atletico spell (nowhere close, he declined before he joined Barca first time around).
Given the fire-sale couldn't they have adapted their style to suit him now? He's still a class player when I've seen him for France recently

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I get they're broke but where does it end? Surely they'd of been better off keeping him and getting rid of 2 or 3 others?

Given the fire-sale couldn't they have adapted their style to suit him now? He's still a class player when I've seen him for France recently
Doesn't really make much sense to keep him on those wages when he's not that great of a player and they're in need of a full rebuild post Messi. Besides, he's very suited to a counter attacking tactic which has never been Barca.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku has struggled all game. One chance one goal. He really is making a massive difference to us.

big rons sovereign

Bollox. If zenits striker wasn't actually dogshit they'd be ahead. Instead sulky ROM scores at the other end.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku is the opposite of Werner. Lukaku can do nothing all game and look disinterested then pops up with a goal from his only chance.

Werner works as he’s as anyone and can cause havoc but miss 5 chances per game.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I do not disagree, but the "if we let one or three in, we'll try to outscore them" approach was just much more fun to watch ^^
Surely the football under Flick was more exciting. Unfortunately, this kind of football wins you battles but usually not wars. 2020 was the exception but even Lyon had a several big big chances.
The first leg against PSG in Munich comes into my mind. Great match where the outscoring didn't work. And frankly i hate to loose such matches.

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others
Bayern playing Barca out of the park, without really putting in much of an effort.
Yep, this is Bayern at 70%, without any urgency. I'm still shocked that Barca could ever be so harmless or rather liveless. Nevertheless I see Bayern already stopping to take it seriously, which is why I would bet they will concede one before it's over.