Champions League | Matchday 6

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The way you keep going on about him one could think he's playing for Feyenoord.
I'm a giant Berghuis fan and still am even if he broke my heart by going to Ajax. Can hardly blame him either, he just fits there.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Imagine that Athletico Madrid team with an attacking manager. They could be thumping teams for fun. Unfortunately, they are being orchestrated by an Argentinian Mourinho.

Jota was a lucky boy today. In the league that wouldn't been deemed as clear and obvious error, and the decision would have stayed.
Harsh! He's a great manager who has found a style and system that works. Athletico were brilliant on the counter yesterday, everytime they attacked it felt like they would score. Bar the red card and alisson making some fantastic saves, they would've won. Plus I enjoy his mad man antics on the touchline :lol:

Hastar

Supports
Liverpool
Harsh! He's a great manager who has found a style and system that works. Athletico were brilliant on the counter yesterday, everytime they attacked it felt like they would score. Bar the red card and alisson making some fantastic saves, they would've won. Plus I enjoy his mad man antics on the touchline :lol:
You are spot on. And frankly even with ten men, they created the better chances.

But my point is that he isn't really unleashing his side. Their attacking play at times was sumptuous. The way they carved us open was brilliant.
But they seem restrained. 31% possesion for them yesterday. He has put together a great set of attackers. With an attacking manager they could be seen as one of the best.

MrEleson

They don't have the same pull as people think they do these days. It's got less and less post Covid. Not every player dreams of playing just for those two teams like fans say it's "every Spanish or South American players dream" to play for either.
Salah was never on either club’s radar. That’s the main reason. They still attract the biggest talents. Just ask Mbappe, Camavinga and co.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Former winners in group but let's be honest it's not that strong of a group for Liverpool.

AC Milan aren't a patch on their former selfs, Porto still living off their success with Jose and always rolls over against Liverpool. Madrid the 2nd best in their group and that lucky win for Liverpool tonight should secure 1st place now.

Oh BTW Atalanta beat Liverpool 2-0 in Anfield last season so I wouldn't be underestimate them.
To be fair, everyone beat us at Anfield last season, even Burnley

Pintu

I despise them as much as anyone on here. They were incredibly lucky tonight as well.but tell me a team that you are confident will beat them over 2 legs with no away goals.. worrying.
Bayern, City, and a more routined PSG. Chelsea was handling them just fine until that red card.

They are very good but they allowed a quite poor and injury decimated Milan to score twice (Liverpool almost went 1-3 down) at Anfield.

They will concede chances come Sunday. The important thing is not to give them too much time on the ball.

Supports
Ajax
I'm a giant Berghuis fan and still am even if he broke my heart by going to Ajax. Can hardly blame him either, he just fits there.
I honestly couldn't care less about him before his transfer, but he has shown he does fit and performs very well within the team. I think he has grown since joining (and after playing with the national team) and ten Hag knows how to enable him.

Btw, must say I much appreciate and respect your attitude btw. Lots of Feyenoord fans I know who don't have the same sort of grace and fair and semi-objective assessment making as you do as they'd be too petty and too jealous to stomach an international Ajax victory, let alone enjoy it.

Also have to admit I thought Overmars' ambitions for Ajax to join the big league teams on a competitive level to be a little unrealistic if not downright silly half a decade ago, but must say they've done a brilliant job managing Ajax

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I honestly couldn't care less about him before his transfer, but he has shown he does fit and performs very well within the team. I think he has grown since joining (and after playing with the national team) and ten Hag knows how to enable him.

Btw, must say I much appreciate and respect your attitude btw. Lots of Feyenoord fans I know who don't have the same sort of grace and fair and semi-objective assessment making as you do as they'd be too petty and too jealous to stomach an international Ajax victory, let alone enjoy it.
Hehe, I can be plenty petty honestly, I just prefer lighthearted banter over bitter hatred and come on, who outside of Dortmund would not have enjoyed this.

Supports
Ajax
Hehe, I can be plenty petty honestly, I just prefer lighthearted banter over bitter hatred and come on, who outside of Dortmund would not have enjoyed this.
I think the difference is you'd know when you'd be petty and get over yourself easily, whereas others would take it waaaaaay too serious. :P

Kinda curious how much this trashing was appreciated in Germany though. I'm sure there was some cheeky laughter in Münich.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Can’t stand that team and mgr. He’s a bitter Scarface drug lord lookalike who ran down the tunnel away from shaking hands. Red card then a penalty then a non penalty is what he deserved. That said, a very good manager and wouldn’t mind him at Liverpool when Klopp leaves.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I think the difference is you'd know when you'd be petty and get over yourself easily, whereas others would take it waaaaaay too serious. :P

Kinda curious how much this trashing was appreciated in Germany though. I'm sure there was some cheeky laughter in Münich.
There was :drool:

Deery

Dreary
Henrik Larsson’s son Jordan gets the second Leicester look shite.

edit: Leicester just scored Daka 2:1

Last edited:

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Bayern, City, and a more routined PSG. Chelsea was handling them just fine until that red card.

They are very good but they allowed a quite poor and injury decimated Milan to score twice (Liverpool almost went 1-3 down) at Anfield.

They will concede chances come Sunday. The important thing is not to give them too much time on the ball.
Whilst I agree we weren't at our best against Chelsea, if he doesn't handle the ball on the line, it goes in and then it's 1-1 with 11 players each on the pitch.

I struggle to see the argument for 'they couldn't score against 10 men' though. A well coached side will make themselves very hard to break down if they're down to 10. The change tactics and generally sit back, happy to take a draw. As cliche as it sounds, sometimes playing against 10 can be harder purely because of the mindset of the team where they naturally become more compact.

We haven't set the world alight in terms of play yet this season, but we're sitting nicely in the table and if we can iron out the issues we have at the back, we'll do well this year. Not sure if we will win anything, but we've certainly got a chance.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
All Bundesliga teams can potentially lose in this round. Wolfsburg have been horrendus in an easy group, Leipzig have been stripped of their players and manager but it looks they won't even get a Europa League spot. Dortmund have been really disappointing up util now, though it's still likely their qualify for the next round.

Resch

Salzburgs manager Jaissle with his 15th wins 2 draws and Salzburg will win this match too. Ole should ask him how to do it.....

Resch

All Bundesliga teams can potentially lose in this round. Wolfsburg have been horrendus in an easy group, Leipzig have been stripped of their players and manager but it looks they won't even get a Europa League spot. Dortmund have been really disappointing up util now, though it's still likely their qualify for the next round.
Leipzig has Marsch as manager, he is just not good. Was not good at Salzburg and will be a disaster in Leipzig.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Salzburgs manager Jaissle with his 15th wins 2 draws and Salzburg will win this match too. Ole should ask him how to do it.....
I'm sure he will give him a call if he's ever desperate for a match plan against WSG Tirol or Hertha Wels.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Next up united/Atalanta with united starting a real strong attack. I just have a feeling that if he loses this then again to Liverpool he is 100% gone so for once I am rooting for Ole and united to walk over Atalanta.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Barcelona just about get the three points. I wonder if they'll make it out of that group or not. Two of their remaining three games are away.