Champions League | Matchday 6

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If I saw it correctly de Bruyne actually got to the ball which maybe gave the ref enough leeway for VAR not to overrule him. I still think most refs would have sent him off though.

Cloud7

Was just going to say them same. He was shit scared a red was coming
Yeah that was crazy. De Bruyne's expression alone tells you it was a red :lol: That's one hell of a stroke of luck and poor refereeing

DancingPanda

Cashing out on my bet on Liverpool and Milan is probably the right thing to do, right? Haha.

I'll win a couple of hundred more if Milan win....

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Crikey you've got some blinkers on there.

The BT commentators have actually commented on the fact all the decisions have gone PSG's way. That's the first decision to "go" City's way and it very clearly isn't "the most obvious red card you're ever going to see" - KDB got the ball and accidently planted his foot where the other guy slid in, certainly seen them given but your claims are tosh.
^^^ word salad with a topping of irony.

Clueless springs to mind.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Now I see why Messi has been at Barcelona all this time. He is struggling to fit into a new environment and looks like a passenger so far. Pochettino and psg will be better of if he brings in di Maria or icardi at the moment.

It will take awhile for Messi to settle at psg after being at Barcelona almost all of his football career

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I know there are still some absolute dross out there but I can’t help but feel like the type of football on display in this game is everywhere (albeit not q at the sheer quality) and we’re at a high stage of precision in games now.

This has been great to watch from a technical POV

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Loved how the commentators just breezed past that De Bruyne challenge. Biased cnuts

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Why are these bt commentators banging on about messi so much, he's been basically invisible again.

You'd think he'd scored a hattrick with the way they're going on.
It's quite bizarre. He's been on the periphery for most of the game and hasn't looked particularly lively when he has picked up the ball.

Teja

I'm convinced you can't carry Messi / Ronaldo in the side without other hard working players across the pitch.

Trying to fit in Neymar + Messi + Mbappe into a side is ridiculous and Poch should not be judged for his achievements with that side.

Stability

Supports
Manchester City
It was a textbook red. And how surprising BT is claiming the english team is hard done by.
You seen the PSG wrestling in the box? I could easily claim they're textbook penalties not given. Literally just holding Dias/Laporte and taking them down at corners.

De Bruyne got lucky, but the ref is certainly not favouring City like the previous poster claimed. Just nonsense.

LoneStar

PSGs defending is suicidal. Just fecking hoof the ball sometimes wtf. City's finishing is equally baffling.

Messi and Neymar hardly involved in the game. Mbappe has been class whenever he's got the ball. Verratti is such a good player.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
City would be winning if they had a striker. City would also be down to 10 if the game had a referee.
No guarantee they'd be as dominant against PSG with a Lukaku or Kane in current form. And replacing Sterling with Jesus doesn't move the needle much. They just need to be more clinical (not missing an open goal would suffice for one)

Highfather_24

Say what you want about oil money destroying football(probably fair), but that was an amazing half of football. I dont understand why people call City boring. PSG being disciplined as well. Veratti is the best midfielder in the world.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
PSGs defending is suicidal. Just fecking hoof the ball sometimes wtf. City's finishing is equally baffling.

Messi and Neymar hardly involved in the game. Mbappe has been class whenever he's got the ball. Verratti is such a good player.
Hoofing the ball would leave them with even less of the ball, and negates having Verratti in your team

Nick7

No guarantee they'd be as dominant against PSG with a Lukaku or Kane in current form. And replacing Sterling with Jesus doesn't move the needle much. They just need to be more clinical (not missing an open goal would suffice for one)
Aye, but there’s been three or four moments in that half where you need a striker putting themselves about in the box. Grealish could easily be sacrificed for a striker, he’s not been up to much compared to Sterling, or Mahrez in my view.

oh and I wasn’t talking about Jesus, I think he’s dire. A decent striker is why I meant.

cyberman

PSG go long periods without the ball and as soon as Neymar and Mbappe gets it they’re trying stupid flicks as if they’re dominating the match.
It’s ridiculous

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
That obviously should have been a red. Ball or no, that's a leg breaker and KDB was ready for his walk.

City have been so dominant without scoring. Talk about bad luck with hitting the post twice. A top CF in that side and they will be even more scary. Any one of Ronaldo/Kane/Aguero/Haaland and they'd be 3-1 up by now.

IhabX7

If you watch them both KDB's is way more dangerous as well, there's a lot more force and it's higher up the leg.
Poch needs to upset one of that front three and get them off, the balance is terrible
I was talking about it not being the same ref.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Feel that Ederson should probably have got a hand on it for their goal.

Eddy_JukeZ

PSG will never reach expectations.

MNM aren't an optimal fit. They have so many balance issues.

City are all over PSG, extremely unlucky to be behind. Also extremely lucky to have 11 players on the pitch. Surprising because PSG had 12 players up to that point.

On this game alone Neymar is too greedy, Messi is a passenger and Mbappe just isn't all that anymore.

Matst1

You seen the PSG wrestling in the box? I could easily claim they're textbook penalties not given. Literally just holding Dias/Laporte and taking them down at corners.

De Bruyne got lucky, but the ref is certainly not favouring City like the previous poster claimed. Just nonsense.
What's the point in even arguing, you are on a man united forum, regardless of who's right. He/she is right though, English teams usually get a free ride with pundits/commentators, unless you are Man United of course.

LoneStar

Hoofing the ball would leave them with even less of the ball, and negates having Verratti in your team
They are still losing the ball anyways. Losing the ball after hoofing it is better than losing it on your own box.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He's doing something right. Not sure whether you watched them against PSG but they went toe to toe with them and were unlucky not to come away with a win.
He won the title with Genk and the following season moved to Brugge and has won 2 more titles.

Ive kept up with them and they have a talented team that play good football.

Vanaken is not known but a really good player.

Last edited:

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I'm convinced you can't carry Messi / Ronaldo in the side without other hard working players across the pitch.

Trying to fit in Neymar + Messi + Mbappe into a side is ridiculous and Poch should not be judged for his achievements with that side.
Yea, like I stated. If poch makes those three work, it will be a miracle. This isn't Messi in his prime anymore. If it is to work, they need neymar and mbappe to put in more shift, which I doubt they will.

He won the title with Gent and the following season moved to Brugge and has won 2 more titles.

Ive kept up with them and they have a talented team that play good football.

Vanaken is not known but a really good player.
Seems like a Manager to watch out for. I was impressed towards how he organized brugge against psg

bosskeano

the turkish ref that we all love with another shocking first half sending off of Kessie.....an absolute joke that this guy still refs at the top level in europe

cyberman

The hardest player to mark is the one staying still :lol:

Tbf Messi is not having a bad game, he's played some really good passes. Neymar has been horrible though.
Man City are pressing up past him and are swamping the midfield. It’s the same problems a Messi team has every year in Europe