Champions League | Matchday 6

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Apparently rude gestures from Felipe towards the ref. Not sure I trust Peter Walton though..

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ajax better win this game so that we have a chance to go through when we face Dortmund.

I’m glad we were able to make up for match day 1 showing it was a one off.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
5th red card against Liverpool have had in their favour so far this season, must be a record for early November.

Classical Mechanic

Well it wasn't a red card for one.

Blatant yellow but no red.
He was going to be given a yellow for a professional foul but then walked away from the ref and continued to ignore him after being called over a few times so he upgraded it to a red for dissent. Harsh perhaps but the Athletico players were acting like bell ends from the start.

Cardozo

I’ve never known a red card for ignoring the ref wanting a chat about a clear tactical soft foul. Any examples in history?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I half missed the Hummels thing and thought VAR Was checking whether to send of Antony for stepping on him :lol:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
BVB, 1-0 up while one man down, almost conceding at the brink of HT through a counter after they had a corner. How dumb can you be..

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The only thing I can think that Felipe red was for was if he put his studs on the back of Mane's ankle. Definitely showed a straight red not two yellows. Weird though.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
That red for Hummels, no red for Danilo (last man, no chance to get the ball) and offside before the corner where PSG scored the 2:1 and the ridiculous penalty against Wolfsburg a few weeks ago....and I'm sure I've missed something... german teams not exactly lucky this season

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Tsimikas is turning out to be a quite good player.

Strange that he wasn't trusted at all last season when Robertson was clearly being overplayed.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Is that even in the rules? Players walk away from refs giving yellows all the time. I'm not watching now but surely he did something totally out of the ordinary.
He just did that thing of not coming over for the rollicking and card giving ceremony. The ref gestured and he ignored him, giving him a thumbs up and then pulling up his sock. It was mildly defiant. Nothing, but Madrid had started serial tactical fouls so I'd say the ref wanted to stamp down and then just had a wee inner tantrum.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Well it wasn't a red card for one.

Blatant yellow but no red.
It was a straight red card offense. The ref whistled for him to come multiple times, he rejected the authority of the ref.

Player refuses to recognize the ref---> ref refuses to recognize the player. Simples.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern

Strange that he wasn't trusted at all last season when Robertson was clearly being overplayed.
Was he there last season?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Gravenberch has been studying Pogba. He doesn't defend and just joggs back a bit. Careless on the ball too. Bellingham has been really good.

BorisManUtd

Leipzig dominated PSG first 15 minutes but after that I'd say PSG were better. If they win tonight they are almost surely through to round of 16.

always_hoping

Would be a bit of an anti climax finally getting Poch after he’s underwhelmed at PSG and had a poor last 6 months at spurs.
Steve Bruce would lead that PSG to the French title and the latter stages of the Champions league.
What was that red for atletico :confused: Ref got angry the player didn't come to him when asked and showed straight red :houllier:
Sounds like a ego trip by the ref. Not watching and I have made the decision to stay clear of watching any Liverpool games for the foreseeable future

Gandalf

Cannot believe the amount of nonsense on the BBC site praising the ref for the red in the Liverpool game. It wasn't being tough and no nonsense it was making the game all about the official and ending it as a genuine contest by destroying any semblance of competitive balance. He should not get another UCL game to ref again this season.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
He was going to be given a yellow for a professional foul but then walked away from the ref and continued to ignore him after being called over a few times so he upgraded it to a red for dissent. Harsh perhaps but the Athletico players were acting like bell ends from the start.
Remember when Ashley Cole did that, with additional 'feck off's in 2006 and caused a massive bruhaha? He was at Chelsea then, don't know who against.

I remember experts were calling on refs to send players off for that.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018

Eh? He only arrived in the Summer didn't he?