Champions League or the Premiership?

ega04cmd

Which would you rather we won? I'd probably go for the Champions League as I don't feel the amount of times we've won it properly reflects our prestige, history and status in football. The league would probably be more of an achievement though, given how consistent Chelsea are and their massive resources...

the_j_man

Premiership, it's such a good thing to be able to go to 19 grounds and shout "champions, champions!!" we haven't done it for so long!

duffman46

I would prefer the champions league so I can sit at home for hours and make a paper mache european cup and take it to Anfield. Yea that will show them:houllier:

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
the league
its harder to win, and its 38 games long
If you win this then you would have earned it, in cup competitions luck plays a big part

The Champions League has gone downhill with all its commericalism and 2nd rate teams

duffman46

I have lost a bit of respect for the champions league but I would still love to see United win it again.

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
I'd love to win the Premiership to prove everybody wrong, and just because it's a good thing to win. I'd also like to win the Champions League as it'd be a big feck you to Chelski. That's the trophy they haven't won and the one they want the most, it'd be great for us to get it, not them.

Kelvin

I like both, but my preference would be the champions league.

heffa

Big cow?
Champions league as long as we finish 4th or higher in the premiership. Otherwise the premiership, as we would want to be playing in the champions league next season.

TR

Feels utterly betrayed
I'd rather do something the Scousers can't.

It's quite long been my wish for us to surpass their total of league championships whilst still under Fergie's management, and there's still a chance. :devil:

Red For Ever

Premiersihip
No Champions League
No Premiership
No Champions League
Both
I can only choose One
Ok
Cant decide

Dreaded

Premiership. It's much harder to win and the bragging rights would be much better. Think of all the pundits who had us finishing 5th!

redmanc

I'd take both in an ideal world but i'd rather take the Premiership for the same reason as Lorcanjc above, i'd rather stick it to Chelsea and the cnuts in the media who said we're going to be shite this season.

fatboy

Premiership for sure.

CL is a bit of a lottery, if you ask me. You need luck more than anything else to win it. Many people considered Barca worthy winners last season, whereas teams like Liverpool (5th best in their own league that season) and Porto (half decent team from a relatively uncompetitive league) have also fluked it recently. Unequal local league pressures and schedules, some with winter breaks, unequal grounds etc make the competition uneven to begin with. I don't even want to begin on 4th-placed (sometimes 5th) teams qualifying for a top-tier "champions'" competition. Whatever true prestige it had has been slowly whittled away by the money-making schemes of the footballing powers.

But you don't fluke the Premier League title. 38 games against local teams waiting week after week to outfight, outrun, out-tackle, out-kick you just because you're the top dog. Derby matches, bitter inter-city rivalries that make players run their lungs out for the bragging rights, or simply to "knock you off you f**king perch". And with the considerable resources from TV rights, there are no real walkovers anymore. No one, and I mean no one, in his right mind will dispute the legitimacy or argue against the league table come the end of the season. (Note: Wenger is not always in the right mind).

For that, the Premier League title comes first.

ManUinOz

Betty Swallox
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those w
ega04cmd said:
Which would you rather we won? I'd probably go for the Champions League as I don't feel the amount of times we've won it properly reflects our prestige, history and status in football. ..
I know where he's coming from with that statement but I have to disagree to a point. A clubs prestige, history and status is built on winning things like the champions league to a large degree. We've only been good enough to achieve that twice, despite all our other great achievments on and off the pitch we have to accept that fact. If that makes Real Madrid, Milan and some other clubs, greater than us in this respect then so be it. It's up to us to win it enough times to knock them off their perch.

ConnemaraRed

Yeah, premiership for me too, want to overtake the scousers!!!
Thought back in '99 that it was only a matter of time before we overtook them in Premiership and European Cup titles, broke my heart when the jammy feckers stole it 2 years back, I'll never forgive Milan!!!
A win on Sunday would help!!!

Jalut

What the heck of being a champion of europe but being a loser in local league?

RedTintedSpecs

CnutOfAllCnuts said:
Premiership - always
Agreed boring. Everything else is secondary. Also, someone said they want to overtake liverpools 5 cups. i would rather overtake their league record first.

no reason we can't win both with a bit of luck though

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Easily the premership. You can fluke the champions league. e.g Liverpool. You cant fluke the premiership!