Champions League Quarter Finals 2020/21 - Apr 6/7 & 13/14

Hester_manc

I'm so tired of hearing the pundits explain Liverpool's results that they lack defenders. They still have many of their most important players on the field. And they had the opportunity to strengthen in January. And tonight Madrid missed their central defenders too.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
No Dortmund go through on away goals 2-2 score line.
Eh?

Away goal only comes into playif the score is equal, currently is 2-1 to city. 0-0 at Dortmund means away goal does not come into play, city go through.

1-0 to Dortmund means 2-2, away goal rule comes into play, Dortmund go through.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Eh?

Away goal only comes into playif the score is equal, currently is 2-1 to city. 0-0 at Dortmund means away goal does not come into play, city go through.

1-0 to Dortmund means 2-2, away goal rule comes into play, Dortmund go through.
No it does not

Stop confusing the guy

always_hoping

Liverpool couldn't even beat Brighton at home... with their home form as of late, i highly doubt they're going to win it, at best it'll be a scrappy draw with Madrid going through
That was a PL match and Brighton was well organised defensively throughout.

They'll have a very different mindset and focus on a knock out CL Tie in Anfield and Real Madrids defence give up plenty of opportunities and probably more so if Ramos, Varane miss the 2nd leg.

el3mel

Mane has become a godawful player imo. I expect him to retire in Liverpool because no big club is touching him again.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Kyke Walkers horrendous defending ignored again. A pace merchant.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
The away goals rule is a method of breaking ties in association football and other sports when teams play each other twice, once at each team's home ground. By the away goals rule, the team that has scored more goals "away from home" wins, if the total goals scored by each team are otherwise equal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Away_goals_rule

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I'm so tired of hearing the pundits explain Liverpool's results that they lack defenders. They still have many of their most important players on the field. And they had the opportunity to strengthen in January. And tonight Madrid missed their central defenders too.
Not to mention no Carvajal. Missing 3 out of their first choice back four. Hazard out too, whilst all of Liverpool's attackers were fit.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid didn't "easily" made it through any QF or SF in the 3 CL winning run, so I'm guessing the next game is Liverpool 2-1 Real Madrid.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Keita's substitution was really humiliating, you have to be very bad to be pointed out without waiting for half-time, assuming he wasn't injured

Real Name

Liverpool of last year, I'd bank on them going through but this years one I doubt it.

Wayne's World

I didn't see the game but apparently we were thoroughly outplayed. However, from what I'm hearing we started with 9 men having Mane and Keita on the pitch. If we can start with 11 (drop both players) in the second leg maybe we'll score two goals. Trent will be playing though to help with balance for Real.
You can't get the ball off them, in a space of a week I can't see that changing

Wayne's World

Liverpool had more possession.
Because they were chasing the game in the end but they didn't trouble Madrid in any attacking positions. There was a huge gulf with how Madrid used the ball then when Liverpool used the ball

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Keita's substitution was really humiliating, you have to be very bad to be pointed out without waiting for half-time, assuming he wasn't injured
Clanger from Klopp, dropping Thiago who's starting to come settled in midfield with Gini-Fabinho for a guy who's hasn't played in three months or whatever in our biggest game of the season. Klopp says it was 'tactical' in his post match interview and said he could have subbed off others as well. Knowing Keita he'll pass it off as a injury in a few days time though another "muscle issue" for the weekend.

VivaRonaldo85

In an empty Anfield and a team so horrendously out of form in that stadium, there is nothing to tell me that Liverpool will turn the second leg around. In any of the last 3 seasons, I’d have still made them favourites but this season is different. Real Madrid should go there confident to even win the game let alone not consider going through to the semis.

As for Man City, that atrocious decision that went for them to disallow Bellingham’s goal tonight reminds me that their name is finally on this trophy this season and there isn’t much any of us can do about it. They not only have the best squad but are getting huge and crucial decisions In their favour. Sigh.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
In an empty Anfield and a team so horrendously out of form in that stadium, there is nothing to tell me that Liverpool will turn the second leg around. In any of the last 3 seasons, I’d have still made them favourites but this season is different. Real Madrid should go there confident to even win the game let alone not consider going through to the semis.

As for Man City, that atrocious decision that went for them to disallow Bellingham’s goal tonight reminds me that their name is finally on this trophy this season and there isn’t much any of us can do about it. They not only have the best squad but are getting huge and crucial decisions In their favour. Sigh.
We just need Bayern to get through and hopefully they can take care of City.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Just saw that Bellingham goal or "foul" on BT Sport for the first time. What the hell is VAR's explanation there? utterly ridiculous. :lol: