Champions League Quarter Finals | Chelsea vs Real (Tue) | Bayern vs City (Wed)

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Ref was awful, City taking it to the corner at 4 1, really? Gutless, doesn't send the right message.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Prepare for Madrid's #15.

Kroos, Modric, Nacho, Benzema & Carvajal will have more CL trophies than many other clubs combined. It's unreal.

fcnrz

What a bad referee giving every 50-50 even 70-30 calls to City. Ake should have had already a 2nd yellow and that trip on Coman by Ruben Dias he was going face to face with the GK. Anyway having a proper striker was the difference maker

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Bayern getting knocked out cause they can't score.

They need badly an strike for next season
We do, but I dont know if we can afford one that will help us.
Kane and Osimhen are too expensive, Vlahovic imo not good enough. Kolo Muani is probably the most realistic one, but he isnt a clinic finisher himself.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
We do, but I dont know if we can afford one that will help us.
Kane and Osimhen are too expensive, Vlahovic imo not good enough. Kolo Muani is probably the most realistic one, but he isnt a clinic finisher himself.
I think Vlahovic is good, he is just playing under Allegri in Juve, they don't create half the chances Bayern does

I think he would thrive in Bayern

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Kroos, Modric, Nacho, Benzema & Carvajal will have more CL trophies than many other clubs combined. It's unreal.
Who’s next after Madrid, Milan on 7? Having 6 each would be insane

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Sadly, I don't think it will happen.

Militao will be missing in the first leg. He's too important for us as he corrects all the errors from people around.

Plus I see City very solid this year. They way they dominated Bayern in the first leg and soaked pressure in the second has been highly impressive.

Not to mention they create tons of chances and have Terminator Haaland who converts 1 out of 2 chances.

Miracles are called miracles for some reason. They don't occur often.

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
Who’s next after Madrid, Milan on 7? Having 6 each would be insane
Yup.

Outside Madrid, maybe only Seedorf's record of 4 with 3 different clubs (he won in 1997 with Madrid) or Etoo's achievement of winning 2 trebles consecutively with 2 different clubs may outstand them...Maldini won it 5 times with Milan also, but in a span of almost 25 years.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yup.

Outside Madrid, maybe only Seedorf's record of 4 with 3 different clubs (he won in 1997 with Madrid) or Etoo's achievement of winning 2 trebles consecutively with 2 different clubs may outstand them...Maldini won it 5 times with Milan also, but in a span of almost 25 years.
I never knew Maldini had won it 5 times, that’s mad

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
City will win it. We were really spoiled last year, the Champions League this season has been boring in comparison.

Castia

Gotta laught at Bayern

Genuinely on for a treble under Naggelsmann and a couple of weeks after his sacking they’re out of 2 cups and looking shite in the league

Castia

Madrid concede too many chances that Haaland and City just won’t miss in my opinion

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Plus I see City very solid this year. They way they dominated Bayern in the first leg and soaked pressure in the second has been highly impressive.
They beat us quite comfortably in the end but I dont think they dominated us at all apart from the last 20 minutes in the first leg.

We (well Upamecano) made more mistakes and they converted their chances better.

xG first game was 1,69 to 0,88 for City, tonight was 2,24 to 1,35 for us.

I really think Real will beat them.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Look at this City playing for time(shithousery) at 4-1 with few minutes to play. This is a perfect example of football heritage between giant teams and the minnows.
Heritage?
You won 1 thing before 1956.
City's first major honour was a full 28 years before yours.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Gotta laught at Bayern

Genuinely on for a treble under Naggelsmann and a couple of weeks after his sacking they’re out of 2 cups and looking shite in the league
Our form before the sacking was the same as it is now. I don't think we'd be in a different position, actually.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Would love to see a Real v Milan final. Historically the two most successful clubs by European Cup/CL standards.

Anything but a City win at this stage, as I can take a 3peat but not a PL/CL double or the coveted treble :wenger:

Zen

I'd be confident of City cake walking this from here... if it wasn't for the fact that in the Pep years especially they've cake walked their way to losses insanely in the CL, basically every exit but the Liverpool was embarrassing for him/them/whatever. In some way. fecking Monaco, Lyon, Spurs, a shit Chelsea and an old Madrid? :lol:

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
They beat us quite comfortably in the end but I dont think they dominated us at all apart from the last 20 minutes in the first leg.

We (well Upamecano) made more mistakes and they converted their chances better.

xG first game was 1,69 to 0,88 for City, tonight was 2,24 to 1,35 for us.

I really think Real will beat them.
Fair analysis.
Will be close in SF. Whoever wins that will win it all.

Castia

And Madrid can score what Bayern couldn't.

They don't need 5000 chances to score 1.
City are looking too strong even in defence. I’m praying for a Madrid result but even last season they seemed to use every bit of luck, they generally got battered in every round the difference this season is that even if Madrid get a mad 15 minutes City will probably just play through it

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
I despise Spanish clubs, but I prefer Madrid to win it before any oil club.

Wish Milan would win it but I don't think either Milan nor Inter stand a chance. Whoever wins from Madrid or City is like 90% favorite.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
All in all, we will have two great semis and one unbalanced (on paper) final, which is more than many want to see right now. Ps. Milan vs Madrid for the UberCup trophy, anyone? :wenger:

Reij

Supports
Bayern Munchen
The poster above you claimed Upamecano has been your best defender this season.

Is that not the case?
Should be Pavard, I guess. Then Hernandez before injury.
De Ligt and Upamecano around the same level. Both give the same 'untrustworthy' feeling, only Upamecano is way worse because it's way too unpredictable.

Anyway, this tie showed how badly Bayern needs a top striker and another top midfielder to parter Kimmich... along with several players that need to go.