Champions League Quarter Finals | Chelsea vs Real (Tue) | Bayern vs City (Wed)

always_hoping

Napoli the Serie A runaway league leaders 0-2 behind on AGG v AC Millan 4th in Serie A and 22 points behind. Football heritage when it comes to the Champions league or simply the nature of cup competitions.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Lampard said this in the pre-match conference: "We have to stay in the game... not being crazy. "And then we have impact players coming off the bench that can add different things."
mount or felix for gallagher .

ROFLUTION

Leao has been so much better than Kvara in these Napoli-Milan games.
No space for Kvara in this game. Hats off to Milan.

Quite a good match. Almost a relief to see some other teams than the usual suspects in the mix for going far.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Napoli the Serie A runaway league leaders 0-2 behind on AGG v AC Millan 4th in Serie A and 22 points behind. Football heritage when it comes to the Champions league or simply the nature of cup competitions.
Milan have Napoli's number this season. They beat them 4-0 away a couple weeks back too. Its a bad match up but Napoli are also running on fumes. They've haven't played well in awhile.

wr8_utd

:'(
Nature of the cups and I also think Napoli peaked too early. They've been off color for the last few weeks.

antk

I fear for kids who listen to pundits and what their understanding of what a "hand" is. I've heard several pundits recently refer to the upper arm as "the hand" rather than arm. Napoli's goal was disallowed as the ball hit the striker's bicep.
The IFAB laws state:
For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.

Woodzy

Owen being Owen there. Referring to Vini Jr’s chance as ‘Possibly the best chance of the game. Probably Kante’s was the best maybe’.

Djemba-Djemba

Madrid have been pretty crap in this tie haven't they.

I'm guessing they'll up it if needed but they'll have to be ten times better than this to knock City out.

Welbeckham

Napoli’s form has dipped lately and they have been struggling against Milan in general.

FerociousCorgis

think chelsea need more defensive players out there. Take off Kai for a CB. Just play kante as lone target forward. Seems like something Lampard would come up with.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Napoli have been robbed here to be honest, that Leao tackle on Lozano was definitely a pen.

ti vu

Milan have Napoli's number this season. They beat them 4-0 away a couple weeks back too. Its a bad match up but Napoli are also running on fumes. They've haven't played well in awhile.
More like Spalletti time of the season. Not the first time his teams run out of steam unexplainably in the latter stage of the season.

Hopefully the point gap this time would prevent any upset in Serie A.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
For all the joking about the Chelsea lineup, we're a world class save away from being 1-0 up. I'll have no Lampard slander!
As i said, his strategy of lulling us into a false sense of security by playing that lineup was genius!

Woodzy

Owen ffs :lol:

‘I think they’ve got more of a chance now than they did before the game’

…the score line is exactly the same as it was before the game :lol:

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Worrying displays tonight. Don't see how any of these teams can stop City on the back of these performances.

GlasgowCeltic

It's the same every year.

City has been winning the CL before playing the final since Guardiola went to England, still hasn't won it yet.
crazy amount of bed wetting every year. Madrid could definitely knock them out. And if they do we'll hear how City will steamroller the tournament again by August

maurinho

Supports
FC Porto
Apparently Leao prefers to play through the middle, according to an interview, but his dribbling and pace with those long legs are a nightmare to deal with.

Somewhat similar to Dembele, but more composed. Those guys are so hard to contain

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Losing Militao against Citeh feels like a loss already, not that we're in semis yet.

FerociousCorgis

For all the joking about the Chelsea lineup, we're a world class save away from being 1-0 up. I'll have no Lampard slander!
i mean their two chances had people taking it in a way that showed they were uncomfortable being in that position to score. Cuca takes an unnecessary touch and takes way too long to try and shoot from like 4 yards out, and kante just panic shanks a shot where he has plenty of time to hit the volley

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
No space for Kvara in this game. Hats off to Milan.

Quite a good match. Almost a relief to see some other teams than the usual suspects in the mix for going far.
So why can't Napoli shut down Leao then?

BeltUp

Supports
United
We've relied on Real too many times to stop the dippers winning the Champions League. This year may be one too many. Looking good for the bitters, unfortunately.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The ref gave that foul for Vini Jr they’re having no idea what happened. You could not see any contact on the replays either.