Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

tomaldinho1

Leipzig better show up against Pool otherwise they will join the game raising cnuts club.

PSG will get their revenge against Barca who are abysmal

City will surely go through.
They weren't even that good against us, we just set up way to defensive. Just look at the second half when we decided to actually try to play some football in attacking areas - it was a game that was very winnable. Liverpool, who are hardly playing that well, will hammer them.

PSG look awful as well recently, Tuchel might not even make it until Feb (nor might Koeman :lol:) it's going to be a really interesting CL that's for sure.

thatsme

Wow. Some great games there. I actually could see all English teams knocked out this round.
No way all three of our clubs are getting knocked out.
City and Liverpool have fairly comfortable ties and heavy favourites to go through.
Athletico are heavy favourites to beat a Chelsea team that can't score against decent teams.
I'm going to pile money on Athletico in that tie.

SER19

Citys draws are quite incredible. If I remember rightly they had it a bit harder last season but generally, across most competitions they seem to just be so so lucky. We’re out in the group and will have played two better teams than they’ll meet until the quarter at earliest

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Such a shame we’re out. I’d have fancied us against Barca this time round.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Borussia Mönchengladbach (GER) v Manchester City (ENG)
SS Lazio (ITA) v Bayern München (GER)
Atlético Madrid (ESP)
v Chelsea (ENG)
Red Bull Leipzig (GER) v Liverpool (ENG)
FC Porto (POR) v Juventus (ITA)
Barcelona (ESP) v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
Sevilla (ESP) v Borussia Dortmund (GER)
Atalanta (ITA) v Real Madrid (ESP)

My predictions

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
We got a team that also plays badly and has a terrible offensive process. It will be horrendous to watch :lol:

Let's hope Ronaldo doesn't play and we might have some change to go through with away goals after 2 draws or penalties :wenger:

RoyH1

Atlético Madrid (ESP)
v Chelsea (ENG)

My predictions
Solid. But I reckon that Sevilla might surprise everyone with one of their wily, professional displays against Dortmund. I also think that a Neymar-less PSG is going to have a bit of trouble against a Barsa side that has nothing but the CL going for them this year.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Unbelievable luck for Real Madrid once again.

Watch Barça knock PSG out just to face Liverpool or Bayern in the QFs.
What do you mean. We could draw Atalanta, Lazio, Porto and Leipzig. Hardly much difference in their level. Leipzig lost 5-0 against United.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How long is Neymar out for?

PSG should batter Barcelona

GameOn

I don't know why so many here seem to think Liverpool had an easy draw and that they'll just hammer Leipzig.

If I had to make a current CL powerranking, Leipzig certainly would be ranked ahead of Liverpool's other potential opponents like Gladbach, Porto, Lazio, Sevilla or even Barcelona (who have been shockingly bad this season). The only trickier tie on paper would've been Atletico.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Won't be surprised if only Bayern survive this round, but I wouldn't completely exclude all four german teams advancing either... okay, not bloody likely, but who knows. We should have Kimmich back and hopefully in form by then, which will help our defensive stability. Without him and Goretzka shielding our CBs Lazio could hurt us, i guess.

Last edited:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
We got a team that also plays badly and has a terrible offensive process. It will be horrendous to watch :lol:

Let's hope Ronaldo doesn't play and we might have some change to go through with away goals after 2 draws or penalties :wenger:
Nope. Juve will win the CL this season. Pirlo will get it right and it's their year.

TheLord

Looks like Chelsea can finish in the top-four of the PL now!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Pretty middle of the road. There’s 3/4 teams i would have rather gotten, equally there’s a few that im glad we didn’t. Main thing is we avoided Atletico this round. City’s ties are always amongst the easiest.

dbs235

Finally a decent to difficult draw for the other EPL teams. Was certain they would get Atalanta, Lazio and Porto.
Last year in the last 16 the EPL teams drew Atletico, Real, Leipzig and Bayern.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Last year in the last 16 the EPL teams drew Atletico, Real, Leipzig and Bayern.
I was mainly referring to this campaign where we had by far the most difficult group out of any English team.

Austrodoriano

Supports
Sampdoria
Atlético Madrid (ESP
) v Chelsea (ENG)
Barcelona (ESP)
v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)

my predictions

always_hoping

Atlético Madrid (ESP) v Chelsea (ENG)
Pep the opposite to Ole when it comes to cup draws, they'll miss that luck when he's gone. Monchengladbach 8th in the German.

Tough one for Chelsea as Liverpool found out last season.

I'd fancy RB Leipzig to win if it was a one off tie played in Germany but its not and Liverpool like United should beat them comfortably at home.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
Atlético Madrid (ESP
) v Chelsea (ENG)
Barcelona (ESP)
v Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)

my predictions
Atalanta have no chance with RM

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
No way all three of our clubs are getting knocked out.
City and Liverpool have fairly comfortable ties and heavy favourites to go through.
Athletico are heavy favourites to beat a Chelsea team that can't score against decent teams.
I'm going to pile money on Athletico in that tie.
Sure, we haven't won any of the big domestic games yet this season but at the same time, we have also lost only once and that was after we went down to 10 men. Similarly, Atletico have failed to beat Villarreal (4th), Real Madrid (3rd) in La Liga this season. They also got smashed 4-0 by Bayern and then failed to beat a Bayern B side. The only big side they have beaten this season is Barcelona but that is a hopeless Barcelona side that have lost to the likes of Getafe and Cadiz.

They have everybit as much to prove in the big games (this season) as we do!

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
We got a good draw but I'm sure the team will find a way to struggle to get through the next round... on the other hand PSG vs Barcelona should be a shit show so I'm looking forward for that game as well.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Based on?
They're about to lose the player that made them special. Also the conditions of the season just aren't good for them, they don't have great depth and they rely on being able to outrun and outwork their opponents

Still. Games will be in February/March. A long way away...

TheRedHearted

They weren't even that good against us, we just set up way to defensive. Just look at the second half when we decided to actually try to play some football in attacking areas - it was a game that was very winnable. Liverpool, who are hardly playing that well, will hammer them.

PSG look awful as well recently, Tuchel might not even make it until Feb (nor might Koeman :lol:) it's going to be a really interesting CL that's for sure.
It’s true. We could have beat them and it hurts me that Ole lined up like that. Maybe he learned his lesson? Who knows.
Poch to PSG if tuchel goes then?

tomaldinho1

It’s true. We could have beat them and it hurts me that Ole lined up like that. Maybe he learned his lesson? Who knows.
Poch to PSG if tuchel goes then?
Would think so - seems like his preference is La Liga or PL but you can only wait so long.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
This will be fun. The team to avoid were Atletico tbf. They are always a tricky side to break down over 2 games. Chelsea have a chance but I see Atletico as favourites.
Think Barca will find a way to knock PSG out again.
Liverpool should win quite easily. Leipzig’s playing style suits them well.
The other games not that interesting. Pretty clear who will go through.

Grande

Leipzig are going to win
Ooh thats tasty
Well a weeks full of mockery from a certain fanbase seems prime for karma..
Exactly who I wanted for Liverpool, should be a great game.
I don’t know, we had them 7-3 on aggregate. More likely this:

Squad difference is too big and Klopp is a better manager. Should be an easy Liverpool win. Only Atletico or Messi were Liverpool issues.