Champions League Round of 16 (16th Feb - 17th Mar)

Nick7

I know this is hard work, but sometimes you have to go the extra mile and read the first line of the article:
" Wolfsberger AC, commonly referred to as Wolfsberg or simply WAC, is an Austrian association football club from Wolfsberg "
His hair? WAC
His gear? WAC
His jewellery? WAC
His foot stance? WAC
The way he talks? WAC
The way he doesn’t even like to smile? WAC
Me? I’m tight as feck.

dbs235

So you reckon he was taking a stab in the dark for more exclusive nick names?
Or maybe just called them the name on their badge? :lol: If anyone can't see why he's done that then I'm not sure they have the right to question his intelligence, jesus.

Pagh Wraith

It's all Darren Fletcher's fault.
Poor chap is just a child of his time. Now go back a thousand years when word endings were still a thing and Old English folk went to go drincan before it became drinke and eventually drink and this place wouldn't have lost its collective mind over a simple -er inflection!

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
The turn this thread has taken sums up the interest in the ongoing games :lol: what a snooze fest

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Poor chap is just a child of his time. Now go back a thousand years when word endings were still a thing and Old English folk still went to go drincan before it became drinke and eventually drink and this place wouldn't have lost its collective mind over a simple -er inflection!
Footballers say er all the time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Always makes me laugh when people suggest we should replace Ole with “someone like Simeone” - as if our fans would accept his style of play.

saivet

A small part of me wants Chelsea to win so we don't have to see Atletico in the next round.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Or maybe just called them the name on their badge? :lol: If anyone can't see why he's done that then I'm not sure they have the right to question his intelligence, jesus.
It's really quite simple. Wolfsberger AC literal translation is athletic club of Wolfsberg, that's how german works. In that case, you'd surely referr to them as Wolfsberg, and not 'of Wolfsberg', right? That's exactly what Wolfsberger means.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Always makes me laugh when people suggest we should replace Ole with “someone like Simeone” - as if our fans would accept his style of play.
Can’t think of anyone I’d want less. He’s a great manager but boring as sin.