Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
so next time the ref probably needs to spend an hour to argue if the "contact" is strong enough to make the player lose balance. The players probably need to have pressure sensors all over their body to help the ref to make the judge too.
It's enough to look at his legs and see how he falls.

ASordidGod

Supports
Barcelona, but more an admirer
As clear as soft reds go, in my opinion. I mean, sure Jesus has gone down easy, and personally if I'm the manager I'm annoyed he hasn't stayed up and tried to score seeing as how there was only a few mins left; but from Ramos's perspective, the hand on the shoulder, plus the sly clip as he cuts across the trailing leg? There's no way he didn't mean it, if only instinctively. In the subconscious hope, no doubt, and supported by more examples than I can count (and no I'm not just saying that having watched him hack down Messi with such frequency it almost seems an eternal recurrence, honest; and yes, before anyone asks, that allusion to Nietzsche was most definitely a desperate attempt to sound intelligent on my first post), that the ref would bottle the decision and let him off.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Come on guys, if that was against us you'd be livid if we got a red.
Referee did an excellent job , I thought. You can't do that as a defender when the attacker is threw on goal. It was very obvious that Ramos was trying to foul him, just in a slimly nonchalant fashion. The City goals were also fine and rightfully stood.

I actually felt Madrid were a tad unlucky on the night. Yes they were going to hog the ball or overwhelm City in midfield, but I don't think there was all that much between the actual chances created by the two teams. Zidane set them up fairly well. Could have won. And should have drawn if not for Carvajal making a mockery of this tackle.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
People debating the red card are forgetting that Ramos always deserves to be carded. If he's sent off every game remaining in his career it will still barely be enough.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It's incredible how Sterling, as a pro footballer, can have such a massive anterior pelvic tilt. Looks like an absolute nonce.
He's got nothing on Danny Rose in that regard.

AaronRedDevil

Probably, but apart from Allegri I cannot think of anyone. Maybe Jose back.
I think people need to accept the fact that Jose isn't a proper good manager anymore. He hasnt been since Madrid. His name is the only thing that's giving him any weight. I'm sure any manager with 1 billion quid could make a good team.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think people need to accept the fact that Jose isn't a proper good manager anymore. He hasnt been since Madrid. His name is the only thing that's giving him any weight. I'm sure any manager with 1 billion quid could make a good team.
I agree Jose has had his day. It is either poaching a manager from another club, Allegri, Poch or some Spanish manager we haven't thought of or down the South American road.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Teams to go through:
Atalanta
Leipzig
Bayern
Barcelona
Juventus
Real
Liverpool
PSG

QFs:
Leipzig v Real
PSG v Liverpool
Juve v Barca
Atalanta v Bayern

MrEleson

Ramos’ red card last night has some similarities with the one he received against Barcelona on Neymar in 2014. Barely any contact made in my opinion.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Thought we grew up a bit last night. Managed the first half really well, nearly messed it all up with a mistake, but then got ourselves back into the game and eventually won it. Never looked under threat for prolonged periods - I understand this Madrid side isn't what it was but that's never stopped us from being beaten by the occasion before. Now all we have to do is not lose 2-0.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Ramos’ red card last night has some similarities with the one he received against Barcelona on Neymar in 2014. Barely any contact made in my opinion.
Easy red card. He knows exactly what he's doing.

CognitiveNeuro

Teams to go through:
Atalanta
Leipzig
Bayern
Barcelona
Juventus
Real
Liverpool
PSG

QFs:
Leipzig v Real
PSG v Liverpool
Juve v Barca
Atalanta v Bayern
Personally don't feel Liverpool will go through.

Atletico
PSG
Atalanta
Leipzig
Bayern
Barcelona
Juventus
City

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Just found this comment over at the Guardian, and I think it's beautifully put:
Nice to see the positive vibes from a variety of non-City fans here tonight, much appreciated. If we can all remember that what divides us is never as powerful [as] our common hatred of Sérgio Ramos, the footballing world will be a better, friendlier place.
:lol:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Real will turn that round. 3-2 at Eastlands.
I’m a pessimistic City fan, especially in Europe, but even I’d be surprised if we threw this lead away. Don’t see Madrid having the firepower with Benzema to outscore us at home when any offensive play on their part means more space for de Bruyne, Aguero, Mahrez, Sterling etc. The first time yesterday they properly committed bodies in our box we almost scored on the counter with Mahrez.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The reality is that city are the better team with the better players.

They just did to us what we've been doing for 5 years to everyone else - the best players on the either teams take over when they need it and turn the game around. De Bruyne is levels above any of our players

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Think it has been confirmed according to Talksport.
Yup. Any chance authorities in UK get a ban in place for the Pool game? Would be hilarious given how Klopp, Robertson, VVD etc. were going on about 'wait until they play in the hostile Anfield atmosphere' after the first leg.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yup. Any chance authorities in UK get a ban in place for the Pool game? Would be hilarious given how Klopp, Robertson, VVD etc. were going on about 'wait until they play in the hostile Anfield atmosphere' after the first leg.
They are allowing fans into the Leipzig v. Spurs game. That has been confirmed.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
The atmosphere alone doesn't win you the game, the players have to do their bit & I hope Klopp reminds them of that. Based on our current form, & the way Atletico set-up, I'd say that the Spaniards are fairly strong favourites for this tie. I'm not getting my hopes up of seeing my lads in the quarters.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Have a horrible horrible feeling Spurs will make it through, they can easily score two goals against Leipzig's second string defense.