Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Long way to go. Atletico need to get a second and take a 2 goal lead to the second leg to stand any chance of going through.

Liverpool haven't been very good so far. Those long diagonal balls work less well against a side who know how to defend properly.

RoyH1

purely for EPL 's bragging rights..I cannot have any of La Liga teams RealM/Barca/Atleti beat any EPL team !
Are you a even a United fan? Who cares about EPL bragging rights?!
At a time when Liverpool fans are saying that theirs is a historic, unbeatable team, nothing would make me happier than raining on their parade, pointing out that they were lucky. this is a down year in the EPL, and they got knocked out out of UCL by the 4th place team in La Liga.

wr8_utd

:'(
Would be amazed if Dortmund-PSG finished goalless. So much attacking talent on display and neither have much defensive steel about them.

Surely goals in the second half. I have 100 quid to play with on my betting account so there better be. :lol:
PSG haven't looked like scoring at all and even Dortmund have just had 2-3 half chances.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Dortmund v PSG a boring watch thus far, 1 shot on target between them.

In the other game is Liverpools long ball game not working? No shot on target i see which probably means they will score with their first shot on target in the 2nd half.
No shot on target, what? :houllier::houllier::houllier:

kidbob

Still don't understand how Atletico let a 2 goal lead evaporate against Juventus last year

Ronaldo is god obviously but still
I think you answered your own doubts in the end there. When Ronaldo or Messi turn it on there is very little you can do. Don't forget that Liverpool's comeback against Barca, while incredible, only happened because Messi's team mates fluffed their lines. The two of them are absolute game changers on an entirely different level. It's going to be weird going back to 'normal' top class players when they are finished.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
At a time when Liverpool fans are saying that theirs is a historic, unbeatable team, nothing would make me happier than raining on their parade, pointing out that they were lucky. this is a down year in the EPL, and they got knocked out out of UCL by the 4th place team in La Liga.
Not yet

RedCurry

This Liverpool first half is the same from the weekend. Their defense is sitting too deep and trying to play the long ball too early. Klopp managed to change it at half time in the league game at least. Can't get excited till Atletico score at least their second goal.

Inigo Montoya

Long way to go. Atletico need to get a second and take a 2 goal lead to the second leg to stand any chance of going through.

Liverpool haven't been very good so far. Those long diagonal balls work less well against a side who know how to defend properly.
The way they're playing, it's like they're hoping for a red card

Johnny Love

Still don't understand how Atletico let a 2 goal lead evaporate against Juventus last year

Not surprising really, that's exactly who Atletico are. They can't deal with pressure moments.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
PSG haven't looked like scoring at all and even Dortmund have just had 2-3 half chances.
Guess there's been more caution than what either display in thier leagues but can't believe a game with Haaland, Sancho, Brandt, Mbappe, Di Maria, Neymar is going to not have a goal. It will open up second half.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ohh Mane taken off. His pace on the break will be missed in this type of situation.

Suedesi

This is like last season's final. Atletico after taking up the quick lead letting us have the ball. We like Spurs in final have no clue what to do with it. Let's hope Atletico score another in the second half.
Fixed that for ya

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
That's not the case. Salah shot, lucky header just saved Atletico's cheating arses.
I can't watch the game, but I'm following on L'Equipe's website, who also said that. Though from what you're saying, you might be misrepresenting what is a shot on target - was it countered before it got to the goalkeeper?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The Dortmund keeps comes off his line less than De Gea :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

Played one of the worst games of the Simeone era. Weirdly, likely not mentally ready for the game

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Guess there's been more caution than what either display in thier leagues but can't believe a game with Haaland, Sancho, Brandt, Mbappe, Di Maria, Neymar is going to not have a goal. It will open up second half.
Tuchel dropped Icardi/4-4-2 which really closed the game so far. It will open up, but only if Dortmund manage to score somehow imo

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I can't watch the game, but I'm following on L'Equipe's website, who also said that. Though from what you're saying, you might be misrepresenting what is a shot on target - was it countered before it got to the goalkeeper?
Looked like it was going into the top corner but a defender standing a few meters in front of goal headed it over the goal, so I don't think it counts as a shot on target yeah.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This

I think you answered your own doubts in the end there. When Ronaldo or Messi turn it on there is very little you can do. Don't forget that Liverpool's comeback against Barca, while incredible, only happened because Messi's team mates fluffed their lines. The two of them are absolute game changers on an entirely different level. It's going to be weird going back to 'normal' top class players when they are finished.
Can't see much to argue against here. Hoping for the opposite in this tie obviously (Morata seems like he'll be the Dembele of the return leg :mad:)

wr8_utd

:'(
PSG have been pretty cautious. Neymar apart, they're playing very safe passes and keeping possession when they can. I'm not sure if they're looking for a goal at all.

Inigo Montoya

Vrsalko dives like shit then when he has a chance to score he can't find his feet

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ref loves to whip the spray out, keep thinking he's going to book someone :lol: