Champions League Round of 16 (18th Feb - 8th Aug)

kidbob

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This has been so many City games this year. Look by far the better team and then concede a stupid goal. The anti Liverpool.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Ooof. You forget how punishing the CL can be when you're not in it. I still think City will score

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
How can a club spend so much money but have such a substandard choice of defensive players?

Lyricist

I see Madrid haven't lost their winning ways in the CL. Feels like a typical clinical RM lead no matter how the game went before.

Pep proving that he can still repeat former CL away failures as well as ever?

Honestly, City should've brought their usual plan A. I don't see why they have to nullify themselves in order to nullify Madrid's attack.

Paul_Scholes18

I see Madrid haven't lost their winning ways in the CL. Feels like a typical clinical RM lead no matter how the game went before.

Pep proving that he can still repeat former CL away failures as well as ever?

Honestly, City should've brought their usual plan A. I don't see why they have to nullify themselves in order to nullify Madrid's attack.
I thought Citys tactic worked well. They just aren't mentally the strongest and give goals away.

binary bot
The one away CL game you could justify going all out attack, he doesnt

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
City could crumble here. They’ve been poor at winning from losing positions over the last while and seem to have a mental block when conceding the first goal these days.

Possible meltdown incoming...

Lyricist

I thought Citys tactic worked well. They just aren't mentally the strongest and give goals away.
I agree, Madrid have looked absolutely toothless. But until that cockup the game was heading for 0-0, 1-1, or 0-1 at best. Surely City don't have to hide like this in Madrid. They themselves should've been looking to be proactive and get some vital away goals imo. You can't write off Madrid in a CL knockout simply because you feel you shut them down in the first leg.