Champions League - Round of 16 - 2nd Legs 5/6/12/13 March

always_hoping

Can someone remind me when was the last time that Arsenal got beyond the round of 16 in the Champions League? It seems like ages since they made it beyond that specific hurdle.
14 years ago and beat Porto to reach the last 8 after they lost the away 1st leg.

Lyng

Napoli could have had 6 tonight with decent finishing but Barcelona could have got another 4 on top of the 3 they did score. Could have been a very high scoring game but for poor finishing. Neither side were good at making it hard for their opponents to attack overall although Barcelona had a good 45 minutes making Napoli work hard for chances. The 2nd half was completely open for both sides and the scoreline could have been anything
Gotta say Ter Stegen was pretty great as well. Whereas the Napoli keeper never looked like saving anything.

Chip

I have a slightly irrational hate for Ødegaard. Just find him incredibly annoying.
I feel the same way - I can't stand him.

Maybe it's just his vibe/expression/attitude. Seems overly polished and entitled.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Shocked Arsenal couldn't do the job in 90 minutes.

Would prefer they get through and have more games to play.

Lyng

Maybe it's just his vibe/expression/attitude. Seems overly polished and entitled.
So basically like the entire Arsenal team....maybe except for Rice.

Eplel

I actually prefer McCoist to most other commentators that we usually get in the PL.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Arsenal again very... ineffective? They don't create much danger, of course they created a lot more danger than we did and had the better chances but imo it was still below what I expected of them.
Varela out is hard for us, teams like us can't afford to lose key players as we have no one in the bench with a decent quality.
Now time to shithouse to 9000.

saivet

I prefer when added time is taken more literally. Feels like Porto have massively benefited from time wasting.

Mike Smalling

Yeah, it’s that along with the constant flailing of his arms to rile up the crowd, adjusting his hair and also just his face. All of it annoys me.

Good player though. Most I’m impressed when I watch him.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I actually prefer McCoist to most other commentators that we usually get in the PL.
Yeah, he's not perfect, but he's better than most of the gobshites we have to put up with.

I'm guessing half of those who don't like him for 'some reason' are Irish and/or Celtic fans. :wenger:

Oranges038

Just in from training and stick this on to see Pepe and yeap, he's on a yellow card. It's crazy that he's still able to put it about at this level.

Rojofiam

Has been a real struggle for Arsenal against a Porto side that Man City would likely have beaten by the 1st leg. Liverpool regularly had easy matches against Porto.
I don't think it means that much. They're obviously a young team without CL experience, but on the other hand, even Ferguson's United sides sometimes played close ties with smaller teams like Porto, etc. in the CL, or even went out...and those were teams full of seasoned veterans.

Toblerone92

After hearing far too much of Peter Drury and Gary Neville of late, it’s a nice change to be listening to Darren Fletcher and Ally McCoist, despite normally not being the biggest fan.

kaku06

Yes he is. I have watched him far more than you.
He is not fast on longer distance but can be very good on tight spots.
Him going to Napoli was always a stupid idea though since he isn't as good as Kvara and doesn't suit their style at all. He was very good at Frankfurt and one of the main reasons for their success that season.
Nah mate, he’s quick and was decent for Frankfurt but he isn’t good. Don’t rate him one bit. Nothing stands out about him on the ball.

Ekeke

Osimhen and Kvaratskhelia have been very disappointing tonight.
I thought Kvara was good especially with flicks and team play down the left of attack. But he needed to score his chance after he intercepted just outside the box. Missing the target there was poor for him and if they had got their 2nd at that point it might have pushed them for more goals. They still had chances they missed but thats the one falling to the right player.

Osimhen didnt really have any chances like that. He was offside way too much in the first half trying to make runs in behind Barcelona's defence and then he wasnt able to get on the end of chances in the box. Too quiet

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Why are Arsenal fans singing the Liverpool song?
Ah yes, that Scouse original, "Allez, allez, allez".

EDIT: apparently it's the Porto fans and the scouse thieved it from them. :lol:

Lyng

Nah mate, he’s quick and was decent for Frankfurt but he isn’t good. Don’t rate him one bit. Nothing stands out about him on the ball.
Okay let me rephrase. It depends what is good. If only premier league level is good then yes he isn't. But that's basically 90% of footballers then.
I don't even think Kvara could do it in the Prem.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Does Pepe have any history of asthma ? Ridiculous that he's still standing and fighting like that

Ekeke

Also Cubarsi's passing from the back was great and he likes a tackle too. So not one of those ball playing CBs who just want to have the ball and dont enjoy defending. Had a great game for a 17 year old playing CB in the CL. Certainly looks like hes the future for Barcelona's defence.